Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan for Krejci

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Ratty

vCash: 500
Listened to Mark Wickham's conversation with David Amen...la on 98.5. Mark said that the Ducks are looking for a second line center now that Selanne is re-signed. I don't remember his mentioning adding other assets from the B's side. David suggested a 1st/and/or Caron.

He also stated that Philly, a rumored Ryan destination, does not appear to be a match after trading Van Rymsdyk.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:46 PM
agreen23

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown bullies View Post
The interview just wrapped up, some snippets from what the Anaheim guy said;

Thinks a Krejci for Ryan deal makes sense
Doesn't think the Bruins would even need to include Caron in the deal, think's a Krejci and a first for Ryan could do it
Thinks the Ducks will inquire about Lucic but Krejci for Ryan makes more sense from Anaheim side as the money is virtually a wash
Thinks that nothing will play out until the Nash and Doen situations are solved
Thinks that the Bruins have a much better chance at landing Ryan than Philly due to the fact that Philly has already given up so much on offense
Said if he was GM, and a Krejci and 1st rounder was proposed for Ryan that he would say yes.

Was a good interview, I'm sure the interview will be uploaded on 985's website a little later.
Thanks for the update. Id rather do Krejci + Caron than Krejci + first. This draft is gonna be a good one.

I like Caron but think he has limited upside. Career 3rd liner as 20-20ish-40ish. Still not bad value for a late first rounder.

Old
07-12-2012, 08:46 PM
FallsForItEveryYear

hes talking to Mark Wicker Orange County Register
Quick Hits

On Ryan's feelings on trade.
-upset that hes always the guy in trade rumors
-getting tired of it
-but it is not bad enough that it couldn't be overcome

on why he is being dangled
-valuable commodity
-badly need a second line center to help deepend their offensive attack
-says he wouldnt deal him but thinks anaheim feels pressured to make some changes in hopes to shake up team and get back to the playoffs.

Krejci definitely fits their need of a second line center
but they would probably inquire about lucic since they also are interested in getting tougher and bigger.

says at this point he feels they will likely trade Ryan but thinks it wont happen until Nash is traded and or Doan signs

alluded to Anaheim probably wanting to sign doan and then not trade Ryan

when asked what it would take he seemed to think Krejci plus bostons first round pick would be the propsal to beat already. they would obviously leverage that against other teams to try to improve his take but that that alone could potentially get it done

said that philly would be a player but hes not sure they can swing it now that they have traded JVR for Schenn. JVR would have likely been a big piece and obviously it seems unlikely they would Trade brayden Schenn now that they have his brother luke. leaving them with not enough offensive depth to want to give up what anaheim would need

talking about ryan

says hes a great goal scorer with game breaking skill but also said ryan lacks consistency (oh look ryan isnt consistent sounds like krejci) says he sometimes isnt committed to the defensive side of the ice

Old
07-12-2012, 08:48 PM
collin

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown bullies View Post
The interview just wrapped up, some snippets from what the Anaheim guy said;

Thinks a Krejci for Ryan deal makes sense
Doesn't think the Bruins would even need to include Caron in the deal, think's a Krejci and a first for Ryan could do it
Thinks the Ducks will inquire about Lucic but Krejci for Ryan makes more sense from Anaheim side as the money is virtually a wash
Thinks that nothing will play out until the Nash and Doen situations are solved
Thinks that the Bruins have a much better chance at landing Ryan than Philly due to the fact that Philly has already given up so much on offense
Said if he was GM, and a Krejci and 1st rounder was proposed for Ryan that he would say yes.

Was a good interview, I'm sure the interview will be uploaded on 985's website a little later.
Very interesting opinions. Thanks for the summary Mr. Bullies.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:00 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsForItEveryYear View Post
hes talking to Mark Wicker Orange County Register
Quick Hits

On Ryan's feelings on trade.
-upset that hes always the guy in trade rumors
-getting tired of it
-but it is not bad enough that it couldn't be overcome

on why he is being dangled
-valuable commodity
-badly need a second line center to help deepend their offensive attack
-says he wouldnt deal him but thinks anaheim feels pressured to make some changes in hopes to shake up team and get back to the playoffs.

Krejci definitely fits their need of a second line center
but they would probably inquire about lucic since they also are interested in getting tougher and bigger.

says at this point he feels they will likely trade Ryan but thinks it wont happen until Nash is traded and or Doan signs

alluded to Anaheim probably wanting to sign doan and then not trade Ryan

when asked what it would take he seemed to think Krejci plus bostons first round pick would be the propsal to beat already. they would obviously leverage that against other teams to try to improve his take but that that alone could potentially get it done

said that philly would be a player but hes not sure they can swing it now that they have traded JVR for Schenn. JVR would have likely been a big piece and obviously it seems unlikely they would Trade brayden Schenn now that they have his brother luke. leaving them with not enough offensive depth to want to give up what anaheim would need

talking about ryan

says hes a great goal scorer with game breaking skill but also said ryan lacks consistency (oh look ryan isnt consistent sounds like krejci) says he sometimes isnt committed to the defensive side of the ice
That's what I have been saying...I'd rather have the inconsistent Krejci and keep Caron and or a #1 then have the inconsistent Ryan and nothing else.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:01 PM
MattFromFranklin

What's the vibe between Ryan and the Ducks?
"His attitude is that it's always him who comes up in trade rumors. He's probably just tired of it-he went through it during the Trade Deadline, and he went through it again this offseason, and he basically unloaded on the Ducks."

Why was he dangled?
Very favorable contract, he's very young. He's scored at least 31 goals in each of the last 4 years. He plays very physical, and he is a fan favorite-he does great things in the community."

What are they looking for?
They need a 2nd line Center (Krejci). They need tough, gritty players in order to make them tougher to play against. I don't think it would take too much more than Krejci. If they added another player/prospect, that could very well get it done. They've been looking for that 2nd line center for a long time, but what would be interesting is if they look at adding some toughness and ask for Lucic (instead of Krejci)."

Will Ryan be traded this offseason?
"I think so. They see him as the most valuable, given his age, and how he gives teams security because of the fact that he's not going to be a UFA (like Perry and Getzlaf)."

How would he perform on a line that doesn't include Perry and Getzlaf?
I actually think he'd be better. He's not exactly the perfect fit with those guys. Especially with Getzlaf's inconsistencies as of late."

Would Krejci and a 1st do it?
I think it just might. Or...at the very least, they'd put them on hold. They may very well wait until Nash gets moved (if that happens)."

Old
07-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

If they want a bit of toughness, you could maybe use MacDermid to keep the high end equity down and go Krejci, Caron, MacDermid, third, instead of Krejci, Caron, second or Krejci, first.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:30 PM
The Last Baron*

Kirk Luedeke ‏@kluedeke29
Don't doubt that Bruins want to be in on Bobby Ryan sweepstakes, but Ducks will demand Lucic/Hamilton to start-- Krejci not going to do it

Old
07-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBertho View Post
Don't doubt that Bruins want to be in on Bobby Ryan sweepstakes, but Ducks will demand Lucic/Hamilton to start-- Krejci not going to do it
So much for that

Old
07-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Quote:
Wouldn't do Lucic for Ryan straight up.

I'd probably do Hamilton for Ryan, but to start? Yeah, **** Ryan. Not sure how much I trust this guy, though. Although he's always been good, I don't know.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:36 PM
BrainOfJ
Heartbroken

Quote:
I never doubt Kirk...cause he's one of the best in the biz, and certainly the best around here.

but all the reports from different places, including some very very good sources seem to say the center, prospect, pick. Just going on what I've been seeing, interesting that Kirk is hearing different.

Old
07-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Krejci is very underrated by Bruins fans IMO.
Yes, yes he is.

As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

Old
07-12-2012, 10:06 PM
kdog82

B. Ryan is a big strong 30 goal guy and some are debating whether or not they would trade Krejci? Krejci is a solid 2 way player but expendable in Boston.

Trading Krejci, Caron, and a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Ryan is a no brainer IMO, however something tells me the Ducks want a lot more.

That being said, I would not trade Lucic or even think about trading Hamilton for Ryan.

Old
07-12-2012, 10:09 PM
xPumpedxByxLucicx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Yes, yes he is.

As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.
I've made my feelings toward krejci clear multiple times. That said, I wouldn't doubt krejci moves to the ducks and flourishes. But maybe Ryan will do the same here. I'm staying pat on which side I feel is right here.. If krejci + does it Id probably pass..

Old
07-12-2012, 10:13 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Krejci and Caron or a 1st? If Caron or a 1st is all it takes to beat out the other teams to land Ryan, I would hope Boston does it. Personally, I'd prefer it to be Caron instead of the 1st.

I would take an inconsistent Ryan and his 31+ goals and 60-ish points than the inconsistent Krejci and his 40+ assists and 60-ish points. It's that goal scoring / shoot first skill set that the Bruins are lacking in the lineup among our forwards, especially among the forwards and on the PP.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Ryan

Lucic -- Seguin -- Horton

Knight -- Kelly -- Peverley

Paille -- Campbell -- Thornton

That top 6 would be lethal. Seguin and Ryan on the 1st unit PP? Wow.

Old
07-12-2012, 10:16 PM
vjcsmoke

Hamiltion is untouchable right now. And for good reason, he's the big, physical, PMD we've been looking for. And he's an elite prospect coming up in our organization.

As for Bobby Ryan. Would love to have him. A package centered around Krejci plus picks or prospects makes sense. I'd like to keep Spooner if we can. He appears to have some serious offensive skills and would allow us to reload at center in the future.

As for giving up Caron. I'm on the fence about him, if his ceiling is 3rd line forward, then he's tradeable. However if he's a guy who could be top 6... Well we've seen too little of him to know for sure. At least he looks a heckuva lot better than Hamill!

Old
07-12-2012, 10:34 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Sure, Anaheim might start with Lucic and Hamilton, but they will never get them. They have Ryan who doesn’t want to play there and they want to trade Ryan. Sooner or later the other shoe will drop and they will trade Ryan for the best deal for Anaheim. Unless Columbus phones and wants to trade headaches or someone loses their mind, a Krejci for Ryan deal will be one of the best deals out there.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Gibson Les Palms

Hey guys, Anaheim fan here.

Everyone knows how badly the Ducks need a centre, and I'm sure the GM knows it; he has been reportedly demanding Schenn or Couturier in a Philly deal. I don't see why they'd try to make a deal centered around Lucic or Hamilton, and believe me, I know how valuable those players are so they wouldn't be added on in addition to Krejci, although Murray would definitely try. Chia is too smart for that though.

just my .02

Old
07-12-2012, 11:34 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post

Everyone knows how badly the Ducks need a centre, and I'm sure the GM knows it; he has been reportedly demanding Schenn or Couturier in a Philly deal. I don't see why they'd try to make a deal centered around Lucic or Hamilton, and believe me, I know how valuable those players are so they wouldn't be added on in addition to Krejci, although Murray would definitely try. Chia is too smart for that though.

just my .02
You're absolutely right. The Bruins are in the best position here, they don't HAVE to trade Krejci, but they can for a player like Ryan and are deep at the center position in the future. If they do want to trade him, they can beat any offer from Philadelphia or New York because they have the best player in any of the deals unless NYR wants to mortgage their prospects along with Dubinsky or Philly wants to gut their offense further to add one player. The Bruins are in a position where they can make a 1 for 1 roster player swap. None of the other teams involved can do that. I'm interested to see how things play out.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Kirk is a good journalist, but if the Ducks think they can get Lucic or Hamilton out of the Bruins, they have another think coming.

They can start with an aggressive position if they want, but when it gets down to the hard knocks of negotiating, Krejci is too strong a middle point and he will be the focal point of the deal on both sides. If either side refuses to countenance Krejci in a deal like this they're being unreasonably stubborn.

The question is what besides Krejci, and/or what besides Ryan, would have to move to make a deal fly for both sides.

Old
07-12-2012, 11:42 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Krejci is very underrated by Bruins fans IMO.
probably

at the same time he is overrated by a handful of posters here haha

he is probably the most polarizing figure on the team haha

Old
07-12-2012, 11:45 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post

just my .02
thank you for keeping my hopes of landing Ryan alive

Old
07-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Lord Ahriman

Krejci for Ryan, meh, I'd do that, but Krejci+ for Ryan, absolutely not.

Old
07-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Colt.45Orr

The Sens have more chips to get him than anyone --if they want to pay the price.

Old
07-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Baddkarma

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Ryan would be nice...

Krejci for Ryan, I would think long and hard about it, but

Ryan always seems to have something going on all the time. His signing was an issue not long ago, now he is being dangled for a #2 pivot...

Chia had better do his homework on this guy and find out if hes hard to handle or what...

The value is there as Krejci is undervalued here, but not around the league I would think...

Closed Thread