Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostone737 View Post
OK, so you didn't say Krejci on the wing, I did, because it's an obvious assumption... where else do you think he would go? centering the 3rd line..... that has 2 other centers??? You want your best players on your top lines anyway.
Mmm? I've been arguing against the need to put Seguin in center. Frankly, I agree with this. I'm not sure why you'd think I didn't.

Quote:
and as for the rest or what you typed... wow
David Krejci could be a 20 goal, 60-70 point wing very easily. He may have a great center's approach, but that approach would translate to wing. I love it when he lurks around the corner of the net and buries rebounds while Lucic draws the coverage, that's something that translates well enough to wings. And he's no lightweight along the boards either.

Old
08-15-2012, 02:41 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
So short of Ryan, what would you want on the Ducks roster that you'd pay Peverley for -- and that the Ducks might take Pevs for?
No one realistic. Peverley is a keeper with his versatility and has a great contract IMO.

Old
08-15-2012, 02:42 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
He didn't play with Getzlaf and Perry for the vast majority of the season last year and still scored 31... Give him Bergeron, Seguin in a few years, and he'll score just as many if not more.

Honestly I would kill to see a Lucic-Seguin-Ryan line. Giving up Krejci is just a terrible move in my opinion, though...
Another poster delivered a stat that said he played with Getzlaf and or Perry every game of his career except for about 40. Were they all last year?

Old
08-15-2012, 03:31 PM
sjaustin77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
Another poster delivered a stat that said he played with Getzlaf and or Perry every game of his career except for about 40. Were they all last year?
Getzlaf and Perry are his top 2 linemates every year except for his first year of 23 games. That year his top 2 were Weight and Kunitz.

Here are the percentages this year:
Getzlaf - 50.8%
Perry - 47.3%
Selanne - 33.5%
Koivu - 27.0%

Last year:
Perry - 78.4%
Getzlaf - 64.7%
Beleskey - 9.4% (only other forward to register in top 10 linemates)

Old
08-15-2012, 04:21 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
Getzlaf and Perry are his top 2 linemates every year except for his first year of 23 games. That year his top 2 were Weight and Kunitz.

Here are the percentages this year:
Getzlaf - 50.8%
Perry - 47.3%
Selanne - 33.5%
Koivu - 27.0%

Last year:
Perry - 78.4%
Getzlaf - 64.7%
Beleskey - 9.4% (only other forward to register in top 10 linemates)
Awesome,thanks.

Old
08-15-2012, 07:35 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

From the Ducks board;

According to that website he's spent 54% of his career even strength minutes with Perry and 49.9% with Getzlaf. His production is pretty similar when he's apart from him though, if anything he plays better when he has his own line.

Edit: Here are the exact numbers since 2007-08

With Perry: Time on Ice 2507:18 GF 129 GF/20Min 1.029 GA 93 GA/20Min 0.742
Without Perry:Time on Ice 2127:09 GF 112 GF/20Min 1.053 GA 89 GA/20Min 0.837

With Getzlaf: Time on Ice 2311:39 GF 121 GF/20Min 1.047 GA 86 GA/20Min 0.744
Without Getzlaf: Time on Ice 2322:48 GF 120 GF/20Min 1.033 GA 96 GA/20Min 0.827

Offensively, his line is almost identical in production with or without either Getzlaf or Perry. Defensively, he's on the ice for more goals against without them but that's not surprising, Perry and Getzlaf are both fairly good defensively, Getzlaf in particular is very underated when it comes to defensive ability.

Old
08-16-2012, 06:42 AM
ODAAT

This thread still goin??? Trade happen and I missed er??

Old
08-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
This thread still goin??? Trade happen and I missed er??
Not yet. But they're working' on it.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:18 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Now we know the statistics show that Ryan's stats have been virtually the same whether he's playing with Getzlaf and Perry or others. It amounts to a .78 PPG average over his career. Krejci gets slammed for being inconsistent while procuring a .73 PPG average over his career. How much more consistent is a .78 PPG winger over a .73 PPG center? One has played at least half his games with a .81 PPG winger and a .92 PPG center. The other plays with a .59 PPG career winger and a .69 PPG winger.
Statistically at the age of 25,Ryan probably has about 47 goal potential tops in the next 4 years based on his 34 and 35 goal seasons at the ages of 22 and 23.

Krejci has point potential of between 84 and 98 points (what?) based on his career highs at 22. Both would have to become much more consistent to reach their potentials. Ryan reportedly gets bounced around a lot from line to line. What does that say? Are they looking for more balance and he's the key,or more consistency?

Old
08-16-2012, 02:23 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Boudreau commenting on the centers and wings on his team-yesterday.

On the Ducks improving depth at center
We have depth up the middle and thatís important. I like our centermen a lot and we have options for next season. [Last yearís No.2 center] Saku Koivu is going to be our third line center next year and heíll be a solid checking center that can score. Itís an important position, and an important position to have options. Like I said, we still want to find a winger, but I like our centers, for sure.

Old
08-16-2012, 04:33 PM
CrashedFever

Quote:
Now we know the statistics show that Ryan's stats have been virtually the same whether he's playing with Getzlaf and Perry or others. It amounts to a .78 PPG average over his career. Krejci gets slammed for being inconsistent while procuring a .73 PPG average over his career. How much more consistent is a .78 PPG winger over a .73 PPG center? One has played at least half his games with a .81 PPG winger and a .92 PPG center. The other plays with a .59 PPG career winger and a .69 PPG winger.
Statistically at the age of 25,Ryan probably has about 47 goal potential tops in the next 4 years based on his 34 and 35 goal seasons at the ages of 22 and 23.

Krejci has point potential of between 84 and 98 points (what?) based on his career highs at 22. Both would have to become much more consistent to reach their potentials. Ryan reportedly gets bounced around a lot from line to line. What does that say? Are they looking for more balance and he's the key,or more consistency?
Why are you taking Krejci's highs at 22 and Ryan's stats last season?

Old
08-16-2012, 04:55 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashedFever View Post
Why are you taking Krejci's highs at 22 and Ryan's stats last season?
I took Krejci's high-73 points and Ryan's high-35 goals at 22. A player can be reasonably expected to have the potential to produce at a level which is 1.35% his best production prior to his peak years-24-29 years old. Potential realized by peak age (28),experience (6-9 years) and smarts all converging.

Old
08-16-2012, 05:43 PM
OrrCam

Quote:
I took Krejci's high-73 points and Ryan's high-35 goals at 22. A player can be reasonably expected to have the potential to produce at a level which is 1.35% his best production prior to his peak years-24-29 years old. Potential realized by peak age (28),experience (6-9 years) and smarts all converging.
Wow, this thread has no end, but I suspect the chances of the deal ever happening have already ended, if they ever existed at all. I don't dislike Krejci, but I believe Ryan has more value. And at the end of the day it has little or nothing to do with what we think. The fact is an asset is worth precisely what a buyer is willing to pay for it. Right now I believe most fans, including me, and likely the majority of GMs around the league, would pay more for Ryan than for Krejci. Yes it may vary a little depending on a teams needs at the time, but more often than not the value to trade partners in the vast majority of the trades we see is reasonably balanced in most respects.

Again, I like Krejci, but dealing him straight up for Ryan......I'm doing that trade all day.

Old
08-16-2012, 06:19 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrCam View Post
Wow, this thread has no end, but I suspect the chances of the deal ever happening have already ended, if they ever existed at all. I don't dislike Krejci, but I believe Ryan has more value. And at the end of the day it has little or nothing to do with what we think. The fact is an asset is worth precisely what a buyer is willing to pay for it. Right now I believe most fans, including me, and likely the majority of GMs around the league, would pay more for Ryan than for Krejci. Yes it may vary a little depending on a teams needs at the time, but more often than not the value to trade partners in the vast majority of the trades we see is reasonably balanced in most respects.

Again, I like Krejci, but dealing him straight up for Ryan......I'm doing that trade all day.
For the sake of argument;If one player is considered inconsistent and somewhat disinterested while averaging 60 points a year,how is the other player a more consistent performer averaging 64 points? One player plays with 2 50 point players while the other plays with 2 70 point teammates. The only thing not making a trade of these assets a wash is the comeuppance of Seguin as a center or a line change and he further develops as a game breaking winger. Seguin is the key. Make him a center and grab Ryan or play him on Krejci's wing.

Closed Thread