HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: This is the last one, Really!

Closed Thread

Old
07-30-2012, 07:22 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
Back on topic. It's looking like Sanderson Ford has taken over the GWI playbook. President Dave Kimmerle has reportedly said that they will continue to fight regardless of the judge's ruling.

Well played Mr. Kimmerle, well played.

Former sponsor of the Coyotes, current big-time sponsor of the Dbacks and guess who does Sanderson radio adds? Gambo himself!

Old
07-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

If this means I no longer have to see Sanderson Ford commercials during Coyotes games, then at least that's a plus.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:28 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZviaNJ View Post
Former sponsor of the Coyotes, current big-time sponsor of the Dbacks and guess who does Sanderson radio adds? Gambo himself!

I would suggest it's possible that David Kimmerle sees the two issues as separate. I can't say I agree with that, but I'd be surprised if you saw any reduction in sponsorship of the Coyotes over this.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:30 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Back on topic. It's looking like Sanderson Ford has taken over the GWI playbook. President Dave Kimmerle has reportedly said that they will continue to fight regardless of the judge's ruling.

Well played Mr. Kimmerle, well played.

From what I could gather, he said shortly thereafter that it was in the hands of the court. Could that have been a form of retraction?

Old
07-30-2012, 07:40 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Judge has ruled in glendales favor per Joyce Clark.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
Good times for all. Less courtroom googling for me

Old
07-30-2012, 07:43 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post

Definitely a step in the right direction! Will it be the final step?

Old
07-30-2012, 07:51 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post

Definitely a step in the right direction! Will it be the final step?
5 days to appeal.........hold our breath one more time

Old
07-30-2012, 07:55 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Is that shorter than two weeks? I just don't know anymore!

Seriously, this could become even more complicated (if that is even possible), as the tax is set to take effect in two days.

I honestly don't see an appeal on the horizon, as I believe they were on weak ground to start with, but who knows.

Old
07-30-2012, 07:57 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
As usual.

I would think that the quick decision may show that save Glendale didn't have a good case.

And I really can't help thinking that the legal fees for all of this is going to cost these businesses more than the tax increase ever would have. I know of nobody who would go outside the city to avoid paying an extra 70 per $100.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:13 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Save Glendale now has spent close to $20k on this thing (paying for petitions and legal fees to fight in court) how much good money do they want to throw at this bad vanture? The problem is that they foolishly paid those petition gatherers without having all their ducks in a row. No one to blame but themselvs.

Old
07-30-2012, 08:48 PM
korpedo

GJ has no reason to delay this any further now. Get those investors on board!

Old
07-30-2012, 10:53 PM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
Save Glendale now has spent close to $20k on this thing (paying for petitions and legal fees to fight in court) how much good money do they want to throw at this bad vanture? The problem is that they foolishly paid those petition gatherers without having all their ducks in a row. No one to blame but themselvs.
Bunch of maroons, the amount of money they are burning on this is just silly. Big day today! I can only assume that they wouldn't ruminate on whether or not to appeal the decision, and should make a statement about appealing in a day or two. Exciting to think what this week could bring!

Old
07-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Thumper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by korpedo View Post
GJ has no reason to delay this any further now. Get those investors on board!
If they can find anyone to invest in this circus.

Old
07-30-2012, 10:58 PM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper17 View Post
Wait and see.

Old
07-30-2012, 11:32 PM
korpedo

Quote:
This wouldn't be a circus if the deal would've been allowed to happen 2 months ago like it should've been. The judge has proved that this deal has been legit since the beginning and it has been watchdogs that have ****ed with the minds of citizens of glendale and put doubt into the minds of investors. Now that they see that everything has, and always has been Legit, I think investors will start buying in.

Old
07-31-2012, 10:02 AM
ssmatik

Hearing arena management agreement will be extended till september 1. One month is such a cooler sounding time increment than 2 weeks. Can't wait for them to announce a deal in dog years.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:16 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Well, it is a month to month sort of thing. Hopefully this it the last time the extension will be needed, and on Sept. 1 the arena will be managed by someone other than the NHL.

Old
07-31-2012, 11:30 AM
kihekah19

Quote:
Hearing arena management agreement will be extended till september 1. One month is such a cooler sounding time increment than 2 weeks. Can't wait for them to announce a deal in dog years.

Maybe this whole thing has been in dog weeks?

Would anyone like to do the math?

Old
07-31-2012, 12:12 PM
NHLfan4life
Who is PKP???

Quote:
Drive by alert!!!

I feel the Yotes will stay now because it is too late to move them...to anywhere. Nobody is ready for them anyways.

I don't think we will see an end to this until the middle of next season. I sure hope all of the Coyotes fans show up this season since this seems to be as close to getting an owner thus far.

Go Yotes!!

Old
07-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan4life View Post
I don't think we will see an end to this until the middle of next season.
... I agree. The NHL will apparently be extending the interim agreement with the COG for another month, giving Jamison another 30 days to get it together. However, one really has to question what the advantages would be at this late date to close having already lost the momentum of last springs deep playoff run & some of the players, including potentially Shane Doan;

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...eg-jamison-nhl

to UFA's, combined with Lord only knows whether or not the league locks out the players. The NHL cant possibly move this franchise at this late date even if they had an option which I dont believe they do. So Id bet they'll at some point later in August (if GJ still hasnt closed) ask the COG to pay them the $17M allocated in the Arena Management Agreement with Greg Jamisons group for year one, promising efforts will continue to close a sale with that group through the fall & into the winter/spring.

If by that time Jamisons all out of gas and still cant get it together, no one else has stepped up, they'll sell for relo to *Seattle or **QC for the 2013-14 season. Both markets have "issues" at the moment, neither filling one with confidence; things could potentially go off the rails in either location... additionally, if they do sell the Coyotes for relo, all theyve done is moved money around. Zero profit. Sell locally in Glendale & their made whole again, sell for relo theyve lost $200M X's 2 in Expansion Fee's that come unencumbered. Free money.

(*Seattle w/financing, taxation issues, lease etc & in **QC price, logistics, a pending provincial election, union issues, an investigation into corruption within the construction industry etc - both markets should be somewhat more settled by the new year).

Then theres the CBA, a new business model of sorts, whereby if the NHL has its way smaller & troubled markets will be provided with relief, making investments in them more attractive.

Last edited by Killion: 07-31-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Typos...
Old
07-31-2012, 12:58 PM
Stump

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan4life View Post
I don't think we will see an end to this until the middle of next season.
This will never, ever end.

It's an infinte loop of dicey investors and shady politicians. It's like an episode of Lost. Without the hot brunette.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:10 PM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
... I agree. The NHL will apparently be extending the interim agreement with the COG for another month, giving Jamison another 30 days to get it together. However, one really has to question what the advantages would be at this late date to close having already lost the momentum of last springs deep playoff run & some of the players, including potentially Shane Doan;

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...eg-jamison-nhl

to UFA's, combined with Lord only knows whether or not the league locks out the players. The NHL cant possibly move this franchise at this late date even if they had an option which I dont believe they do. So Id bet they'll at some point later in August (if GJ still hasnt closed) ask the COG to pay them the $17M allocated in the Arena Management Agreement with Greg Jamisons group for year one, promising efforts will continue to close a sale with that group through the fall & into the winter/spring.

If by that time Jamisons all out of gas and still cant get it together, no one else has stepped up, they'll sell for relo to *Seattle or **QC for the 2013-14 season. Both markets have "issues" at the moment, neither filling one with confidence; things could potentially go off the rails in either location... additionally, if they do sell the Coyotes for relo, all theyve done is moved money around. Zero profit. Sell locally in Glendale & their made whole again, sell for relo theyve lost $200M X's 2 in Expansion Fee's that come unencumbered. Free money.

(*Seattle w/financing, taxation issues, lease etc & in **QC price, logistics, a pending provincial election, union issues, an investigation into corruption within the construction industry etc - both markets should be somewhat more settled by the new year).

Then theres the CBA, a new business model of sorts, whereby if the NHL has its way smaller & troubled markets will be provided with relief, making investments in them more attractive.
Makes sense K, good post and perhaps the most feasible outcome to date!

Old
07-31-2012, 01:43 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump View Post
This will never, ever end.

It's an infinte loop of dicey investors and shady politicians. It's like an episode of Lost. Without the hot brunette.
What was done by "shady" politicians? If by "shady" politicians you are referring to the GWI, I agree.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:58 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
Makes sense K, good post and perhaps the most feasible outcome to date!
... I just cant see it playing out any other way quite frankly. Relocations' not an option, not now, no way no how. Forget about Contraction. The BOG's would have Bettman & Dalys' heads on a platter.

Furthermore, as hard as it is too stomach for the unbelievably loyal & faithful Coyotes fans, Im afraid they'll be facing another year of uncertainty, caught in a twilight zone of limbo. I just dont see how, practically speaking, if your Jamison or more importantly one of the investors, having lost the momentum, critical time, why you wouldnt just hold off?

Let the NHL continue on as defacto owner, let them collect the $17M AMF through 12-13, sort out the CBA. The only reason youd close right now is to get the COG's signatures on the 20yr $325M promise (that quite frankly sends shivers down my spine) so it is possible Jamison could close within days, weeks, or, sign off on it, before the municipal elections & changing of the guard, taking possession in the new year. A lot of smoke in the air.

Closed Thread