HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: This is the last one, Really!

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2012, 09:20 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Casual fans don't post on internet message boards. There are no casual fans here.

08-06-2012, 09:22 PM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Casual fans don't post on internet message boards. There are no casual fans here.
I never said this and that is your opinion.

Old
08-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
NHL Kool-Aid, Coyote Kool-Aid, Jonestown Kool-Aid... whatever Kool-Aid anyone is drinking.
...or not.

Old
08-06-2012, 09:31 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
...or not.

He sure can come off as a little simple minded can't he?

Old
08-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Naurutger

vCash: 1454
Ok that picture=fantastic

Old
08-06-2012, 10:23 PM
gra
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
...or not.

LOL Not surprised Brown did this seeing how he almost ****ed up picking up the Stanley Cup from the table in LA.

Old
08-06-2012, 10:56 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I never said this and that is your opinion.
It wasnt necessarily a direct comment to you. More inspired by simply reading the words "casual fan", regardless of context.

You are right, it is just my opinion. I have some more I'd like to share.

The problem with the Phoenix Coyotes is not that they have too many fans only able to go to three or four games a year. The problem with the Phoenix Coyotes is that they don't have enough.

The Phoenix Coyotes have the most loyal, most amazing fanbase in the NHL. All ten thousand of them.

^butchered a bad joke.

Old
08-06-2012, 11:39 PM
gra
Custom User Title

And we will leave it at that.

Anyways there is no news and I'm going back to drinking.

Old
08-06-2012, 11:49 PM
mondo3

Not sure if it's been discussed, but I'm thinking it's in Phoenix's best interest if the NHL season is delayed by a few months, as I believe in general (throughout the NHL) that ticket sales improve in December +.

Old
08-07-2012, 12:34 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Gadfly

Quote:
1st off. Watch that tone with me and talk to me like a normal human being, especially since I have never gave you hard time in the past.

2nd of all. I am aware of a grea area you are pointing as I have said before something that has been ignored many times, "Without putting themselves at an economic disadvantage". However, I am among the many in the Coyotes fan base who don't take kindly to bandwagon and casual fans and rightfully so and I do not appoligize for that.

If you wish to say something to me about this topic then take it private.

First.... if you're going to bark on a message board in condescending tones.... be prepared to deal with the reaction. The term many people I've debated with over the years used was.... "Grow some skin". Otherwise.... keep it to yourself.

Second... We all know your what your position is regarding who you consider is a bandwagon fan. You've only repeated it enough times.

Third.... You want to measure the worth of a Coyotes fan by the size of their wallet.... fine. That's your choice. But right now this isn't the time for any Coyotes fan to be running around declaring who is or who isn't a "true fan" of this team..... period.

Old
08-07-2012, 09:14 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
[apologies to the mod staff.... but this has to be said]

Excuse me.....

But some of us used to attend 8-10 games per season until their job was yanked out from under them, leaving them out of work for nearly a year, then spending the next three working part time. Finally getting back to full time at 65% the rate from their original pay.

Meanwhile their home goes to short sale, a process that takes anywhere from a few months to a few years because their loan's being serviced by a government bailouted bank with no clue.

Want me to go on???????...... or will you finally get off the high horse and stop berating people who are still fighting to keep their heads above water????
I feel for you on the job front. People that didn't lose their job in this horrible economy don't understand how tough a time the rest of us have/had. It took me almost two years to get something decent. I probably shouldn't have renewed my tickets or at least down-graded to a partial or upper decks but going to the games is my favorite thing to do. The problem is no jobs are secure right now. Companies are continuously restructuring, merging or giving up and going out of business. Best of luck finding something to get you back to where you were and some Yotes tickets!

Old
08-07-2012, 01:35 PM
fishbert

Quote:
I am among the many in the Coyotes fan base who don't take kindly to bandwagon and casual fans and rightfully so and I do not appoligize for that.
How do you grow a fanbase without being welcoming of new folks?
Hardcore fans all had to start somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
Not sure if it's been discussed, but I'm thinking it's in Phoenix's best interest if the NHL season is delayed by a few months, as I believe in general (throughout the NHL) that ticket sales improve in December +.
Probably in the interest of each of the nearly 2/3 of NHL teams that don't turn a profit.

Old
08-07-2012, 01:50 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

The problem isn't that we don't have enough hockey fans in the valley, it's that we don't have enough COYOTES fans in the valley. All these damn transplants. (But who can blame um? Our city kicks your city's ass) Every time a Canadian team, the Rangers, Penguins, *** *****, Blackhawks, Kings, Capitals, or Sabres come to town, there's 1k-8k fans of the opposing team. If all those fans were Coyotes fans, we would sell out every damn game.

Old
08-07-2012, 01:54 PM
fishbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
The problem isn't that we don't have enough hockey fans in the valley, it's that we don't have enough COYOTES fans in the valley. All these damn transplants. (But who can blame um? Our city kicks your city's ass) Every time a Canadian team, the Rangers, Penguins, *** *****, Blackhawks, Kings, Capitals, or Sabres come to town, there's 1k-8k fans of the opposing team. If all those fans were Coyotes fans, we would sell out every damn game.
Can you really blame them with how terrible the Coyotes were up until bankruptcy?
The team hasn't given anyone reason to switch until just recently. Throw the stability of an owner into the mix, and it might be more compelling.

Old
08-07-2012, 02:20 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbert View Post
Can you really blame them with how terrible the Coyotes were up until bankruptcy?
The team hasn't given anyone reason to switch until just recently. Throw the stability of an owner into the mix, and it might be more compelling.
I don't expect people to make a switch, but it would be nice if they would come out and support the Coyotes at times when their favorite team isn't playing. If I moved to Nashville or Denver, I would still be a Coyotes fan, but would adopt the Predators or Avalanche as my second team, and would go to games besides when the Coyotes were in town.

Old
08-07-2012, 02:27 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Agreed, the refusal to take a vested interest in what is now these individuals home is no way to make the game they love grow.

Always reminds me of the take the money and run, or build a community speech in "Pale Rider". After finding courage having witnessed the acts of one bad ass Clint Eastwood, a local small time miner spoke to his fellow miners, saying: If we were ranchers we'd tend to our cattle, if we were farmers we'd grow crops, we're miners so we pan for gold, but that's not what we're about.... we're here to build something, a church, school for our children, a community.

The decision the root for the cities they used to live in, nutless puking excuses for hockey fans have to make is hardly as difficult as the fictitious miners in Pale Rider. No one is threatening them with their lives or very livelihood; all they need to do is cut their silly little heart strings, get behind the local team and be entertained.

I thought as Americans we were interested in pioneering, making things happen and flourishing.... am I mistaken? What the hell is wrong with these people?

Old
08-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Jamieh

As a lifelong Leaf fan I now cheer for the Coyotes at Jobing.com even if they are playing the Leafs. It bugs me constantly when so many cheer for the awayvteam although I kinda understand it. When I take fellow Canadians to games with me and their team is playing I forbid wearing of colors and loud cheering. They want to cheer for other team they can get their own tickets!!

Old
08-07-2012, 03:31 PM
checkerdome

Quote:
Agreed, the refusal to take a vested interest in what is now these individuals home is no way to make the game they love grow.

Always reminds me of the take the money and run, or build a community speech in "Pale Rider". After finding courage having witnessed the acts of one bad ass Clint Eastwood, a local small time miner spoke to his fellow miners, saying: If we were ranchers we'd tend to our cattle, if we were farmers we'd grow crops, we're miners so we pan for gold, but that's not what we're about.... we're here to build something, a church, school for our children, a community.

The decision the root for the cities they used to live in, nutless puking excuses for hockey fans have to make is hardly as difficult as the fictitious miners in Pale Rider. No one is threatening them with their lives or very livelihood; all they need to do is cut their silly little heart strings, get behind the local team and be entertained.

I thought as Americans we were interested in pioneering, making things happen and flourishing.... am I mistaken? What the hell is wrong with these people?

Team allegiances aren't rational.

They are based on a bond created between fans and a team over extended periods of time as a team navigated through both good times and bad.

You can't rush tradition.

Fans in Glendale rooting for the Red Wings, Hawks, Leafs or Penguins continue to do so because of the emotional capital they(and probably their fathers and or grandfathers) have already invested in these teams.

Winning can't fast forward allegiance to a team.

I'm sure there were plenty of Rangers fans in New Jersey's stands even when the Devils were vastly more successful than the Blueshirts as an on-ice product.

I'm sure there have been and will continue to be large numbers of Green Bay or Bears fans in the NFL's Jaguars crowds even when Jacksonville was more successful on the field.

The tenuous nature of the hockey fanbase in Glendale makes allegiances to other NHL teams a much more noticeable issue.

Old
08-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

You can't tell people why they should be a fan of a certain team. By some of the logic here, I should be a Lightning fan.

Old
08-07-2012, 03:53 PM
goyotes

The bottom line is the Coyotes don't have enough fans, and that is the problem.

Old
08-07-2012, 03:58 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by preissingg View Post
Team allegiances aren't rational.

They are based on a bond created between fans and a team over extended periods of time as a team navigated through both good times and bad.

You can't rush tradition.

Fans in Glendale rooting for the Red Wings, Hawks, Leafs or Penguins continue to do so because of the emotional capital they(and probably their fathers and or grandfathers) have already invested in these teams.

Winning can't fast forward allegiance to a team.

I'm sure there were plenty of Rangers fans in New Jersey's stands even when the Devils were vastly more successful than the Blueshirts as an on-ice product.

I'm sure there have been and will continue to be large numbers of Green Bay or Bears fans in the NFL's Jaguars crowds even when Jacksonville was more successful on the field.

The tenuous nature of the hockey fanbase in Glendale makes allegiances to other NHL teams a much more noticeable issue.
Like I said "heartstrings"... so I ask again: What the hell is wrong with these people? If they are so hell bent on being emotional, get emotional about building a franchise.

Old
08-07-2012, 03:59 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
You can't tell people why they should be a fan of a certain team. By some of the logic here, I should be a Lightning fan.
Yes, you should.

Old
08-07-2012, 04:00 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
The bottom line is the Coyotes don't have enough fans, and that is the problem.
Truth is the game has enough fans in this valley though.

Old
08-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Jamieh

Not to make excuses for my fellow Canadians but sometimes it is a little tough after a day in the sun golfing or whatever to get exciting about getting ready for a hockey game. It is a little easier up north when you spend the day working and with the cold really have very few other choices for somewhere to go. I have not missed any games while in AZ but have many evenings while there that I was a little less than excited for puck drop.

Old
08-07-2012, 04:21 PM
O23L
Worst tank ever.

Quote:
Truth is the game has enough fans in this valley though.
Exactly. Just go down to the ice den in Phoenix, and look at the people down there. You will find as many people wearng Blackhawks/R** *****/Penguins gear as people wearing Coyotes gear. There's probably 10k hardcore Yotes fans, and 20k hardcore other team fans

What sickens me the most, is seeing little 4 year old kids being forced to wear Blackhawks crap, while he was born, and will grow up in Phoenix, Having no ties to Chicago besides his father.

If I move to San Jose, and have a kid, I'll make damn sure that kid is a Sharks fan.

Closed Thread