HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: This is the last one, Really!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-07-2012, 04:32 PM
  #551
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Exactly. Just go down to the ice den in Phoenix, and look at the people down there...
What sickens me the most, is seeing little 4 year old kids being forced to wear Blackhawks crap, while he was born, and will grow up in Phoenix, Having no ties to Chicago besides his father.
I'm seeing a change though. At Polar ice Peoria, I see tons of kids wearing Coyotes stuff. My daughter is in hockey 1 and almost every single kid in her class has Coyotes something or other - jersey, socks, sticker on the helmet, etc. When I was skating there 6 years ago (before I got into hockey) I almost NEVER saw anything Coyotes at all.

TickleMeYandle is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 04:37 PM
  #552
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
Yes, you should.
I'll dictate my own reasons for being a fan, thanks.

Blubba Jenkins is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 04:43 PM
  #553
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
....
After reading what you have wrote again, I see that you continue to misunderstand what I have said because I refuse to say what you want to hear. Also, I treat others they way they want to be treated until otherwise. Once again, if you something to share with me regards to this topic then do it in private so this thread does not get way off topic.

This conversation in the public forum is through.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 04:45 PM
  #554
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I'll dictate my own reasons for being a fan, thanks.
Excatly! Coyotes Fans from anywhere in the universe are welcome.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 04:56 PM
  #555
kihekah19
Registered User
 
kihekah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
I'm seeing a change though. At Polar ice Peoria, I see tons of kids wearing Coyotes stuff. My daughter is in hockey 1 and almost every single kid in her class has Coyotes something or other - jersey, socks, sticker on the helmet, etc. When I was skating there 6 years ago (before I got into hockey) I almost NEVER saw anything Coyotes at all.
Most all the kids I used to coach are now Coyote fans as well, time will no doubt improve the situation. I still can't and refuse to see the lack of support by those who are hockey fans though. The game is bigger than any one team. Let's face it, it would not be much of a game to watch if the players shared the same sentiment.

kihekah19 is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 05:02 PM
  #556
goyotes
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
Most all the kids I used to coach are now Coyote fans as well, time will no doubt improve the situation. I still can't and refuse to see the lack of support by those who are hockey fans though. The game is bigger than any one team. Let's face it, it would not be much of a game to watch if the players shared the same sentiment.
If local hockey fans felt that way, the attendance issues would not be so pronounced. I get lack of advertising, and in the past poor on-ice products. But the team has been exciting for three years now, and lack of an owner only goes so far. I am there when there are 6,000 for a game in October. It is truly discouraging.

goyotes is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 05:19 PM
  #557
kihekah19
Registered User
 
kihekah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I'll dictate my own reasons for being a fan, thanks.
No worries, glad to have ya!

kihekah19 is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 05:21 PM
  #558
kihekah19
Registered User
 
kihekah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
If local hockey fans felt that way, the attendance issues would not be so pronounced. I get lack of advertising, and in the past poor on-ice products. But the team has been exciting for three years now, and lack of an owner only goes so far. I am there when there are 6,000 for a game in October. It is truly discouraging.
I understand, I've only missed two games in the last six years and those were for very good reasons.... it about killed me too!

kihekah19 is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 05:29 PM
  #559
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?
 
AZcoyotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
I understand, I've only missed two games in the last six years and those were for very good reasons.... it about killed me too!
Impressive.

AZcoyotes is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 05:35 PM
  #560
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?
 
Naych_PHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: phoenix
Posts: 5,670
vCash: 500
I used to love the offseason. Seemed like the last few years every offseason I would say, "Wow, what a great offseason, I'm so excited to see this team in action." Like every year was better than the last one.

Naych_PHX is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 06:08 PM
  #561
Primrose Everdeen
Libérée, Délivrée
 
Primrose Everdeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Country: New Caledonia
Posts: 63,072
vCash: 564
At Oceanside I see quite a lot of Coyotes stuff. This wasn't the case either when I started playing there 10 years ago. You do get the occasional fan of another team still, and quite a few ASU hockey players at the pickup sessions wearing their ASU gear, but that's an entirely different circumstance.

Primrose Everdeen is online now  
Old
08-07-2012, 06:14 PM
  #562
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
1st off. Watch that tone with me and talk to me like a normal human being, especially since I have never gave you hard time in the past.
Watch out, we got a bad ass over here!

Sinurgy is offline  
Old
08-07-2012, 07:55 PM
  #563
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee
 
TheLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Anxiety Closet
Country: United States
Posts: 3,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
After reading what you have wrote again, I see that you continue to misunderstand what I have said because I refuse to say what you want to hear. Also, I treat others they way they want to be treated until otherwise. Once again, if you something to share with me regards to this topic then do it in private so this thread does not get way off topic.

This conversation in the public forum is through.
And you continue to misunderstand where I'm coming from. So I reckon we're even.

One thing I do understand is you don't like having your opinion challenged.

TheLegend is online now  
Old
08-08-2012, 12:37 AM
  #564
Mork
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,554
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Mork
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
I understand, I've only missed two games in the last six years and those were for very good reasons.... it about killed me too!
That's much better game-attendance than most of the players across the NHL. You've probably been at more live games during that period of time than most team captains.

That's not even having mentioned my favourite team, the Leafs. On any given night, a significant number of their players actually dressed and in uniform somehow seem to be missing.

If the Coyotes were the Leafs, it wouldn't surprise any of us to wake up one morning and find the whole team has vanished into thin air. Do hope that doesn't happen to you, but it's growing harder by the day to avoid the inference that the Coyotes current suitor has serious case of the shorts. Not much the COG or anyone else can do if the NHL won't ask a realistic price and anyone with actual money to spend won't pay an unrealistic one.

Mork is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 11:23 AM
  #565
kihekah19
Registered User
 
kihekah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork View Post
That's much better game-attendance than most of the players across the NHL. You've probably been at more live games during that period of time than most team captains.

That's not even having mentioned my favourite team, the Leafs. On any given night, a significant number of their players actually dressed and in uniform somehow seem to be missing.

If the Coyotes were the Leafs, it wouldn't surprise any of us to wake up one morning and find the whole team has vanished into thin air. Do hope that doesn't happen to you, but it's growing harder by the day to avoid the inference that the Coyotes current suitor has serious case of the shorts. Not much the COG or anyone else can do if the NHL won't ask a realistic price and anyone with actual money to spend won't pay an unrealistic one.

Well, I don't have to worry about injuries.... unless my mouth should happen to get me in trouble!

You are correct, the asking price is beyond reasonable.... not much any of us can do about that. Perhaps GJ is working on it?

kihekah19 is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 12:11 PM
  #566
Seedling
Fan level 7?
 
Seedling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,688
vCash: 1446
Sorry, I don't want to read 600 posts. Where exactly are we at with this? Last I heard was CJ was trying to get other investors. Is there more? Would Reisdorf ever partner with him? Thanks in advance. Oh, and any legal BS from GW?

Seedling is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 01:28 PM
  #567
Mork
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,554
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Mork
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post
the asking price is beyond reasonable.... not much any of us can do about that. Perhaps GJ is working on it?
Supply exceeds demand. That will eventually be the equalizer on the price of the franchise.

Mork is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 02:04 PM
  #568
Naurutger
Free Max!
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,283
vCash: 500
A little under the radar but hey its something. I believe there wasn't a title sponsor to Jobing.com Arena's Club South last year (the year before it was Comerica Bank) but this year it will be known as Gila River Casinos Club; the Toyota Club looks to still be intact.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=32955

12 game plans are also on sale now if anyone had been waiting and on August 21st the 4 gamers are available. It will be interesting to see if they increase the single game prices to correspond with the across the board $5 increase.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 02:23 PM
  #569
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
A little under the radar but hey its something. I believe there wasn't a title sponsor to Jobing.com Arena's Club South last year (the year before it was Comerica Bank) but this year it will be known as Gila River Casinos Club; the Toyota Club looks to still be intact...
It's actually been 2 years since Comerica dropped its sponsorship so this is good news for the upcoming season.

RR is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 02:45 PM
  #570
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful
 
Blubba Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NE Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,267
vCash: 500
Is Gila River a "get" or is that like an accident-injury lawyer sponsored powerplay?

Blubba Jenkins is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 02:55 PM
  #571
Naurutger
Free Max!
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
Is Gila River a "get" or is that like an accident-injury lawyer sponsored powerplay?
Not sure if you are asking if Gila River is a real sponsor compared to a crappy one like (and no offense I am sure one day I will need one) the Bail Bonds commercials; not sure if they were telling us we are their target markets....

If you really want to get the juices flowing then you could ponder how Gila River is a big opponent to the Tohono O'odham's Casino plan near Westgate and is helping a Glendale business out by this partnership.

Quote:
Glendale city officials have estimated it would cost them $3.6 million a year to provide more police and public safety services around the casino, Franks said. He referred to a study by Elliot D. Pollack and Co. that found the casino would only generate about $172,500 annually for Glendale. A group called Keeping the Promise, of which the Gila River Indian Community is a member, commissioned the study.
Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...#ixzz22zCj37Ao

But its probably more of a marketing plan similar to the way Casino Arizona and Talking Stick Resort markets to Suns fans.

Naurutger is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 03:30 PM
  #572
BuffaloAZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Or it could be a slap to the face to the Tohono tribe?!

BuffaloAZ is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 05:03 PM
  #573
pfp
Registered User
 
pfp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
I'd be much more impressed if this was a new sponsor. I suspect they offered a great deal to the current sponsors to try and get someone to bite.

pfp is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 06:58 PM
  #574
kihekah19
Registered User
 
kihekah19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 2,221
vCash: 500
We're in "soon" mode BABY!

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/n...-track-as.html




this would be different than "two weeks"


Last edited by kihekah19: 08-08-2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Add the dadgum link!
kihekah19 is offline  
Old
08-08-2012, 07:07 PM
  #575
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!
 
GiveAFlyingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gila River Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,806
vCash: 655
13 days, maybe?

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.