HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: This is the last one, Really!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-29-2012, 07:44 PM
  #801
0point1
Custom User Title
 
0point1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: Mexico
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 813
Anyone want to take a guess on what they will say?

My guess.... two more weeks.

0point1 is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 07:47 PM
  #802
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,753
vCash: 500
I would be surprised if it is something we want to hear seeing that the tease Jude just gave was all about the Cardinals.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 07:53 PM
  #803
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,753
vCash: 500
New at the 6 o clock half hour

Jude talks to Jamison.

Now back to doing something important.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 08:05 PM
  #804
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee
 
TheLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Anxiety Closet
Country: United States
Posts: 3,634
vCash: 500
per Lisa Halverstadt.....

Quote:
Lisa Halverstadt ‏@LisaHalverstadt

Talked to #Coyotes suitor Greg Jamison earlier. Just wrote a story with updates from Jamison, #Glendale and #NHL. Stay tuned for a link.

TheLegend is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 08:26 PM
  #805
0point1
Custom User Title
 
0point1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: Mexico
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 813
Jamison said he has all the funding in place but still needs to work things out with Glendale. Interesting.

0point1 is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 08:32 PM
  #806
Naurutger
Free Max!
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Sounds like progress to me. All I needed was the "funding is in place"

Naurutger is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 08:34 PM
  #807
drgregg
Registered User
 
drgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnaz View Post
Jamison said he has all the funding in place but still needs to work things out with Glendale. Interesting.
Just read about it on twitter, funding is in place and they are ready to buy. Glendale however wants to renegotiatite the lease. What? I am starting to feel like rt, it seems the goalposts keep moving.

drgregg is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 08:38 PM
  #808
0point1
Custom User Title
 
0point1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: Mexico
Posts: 1,211
vCash: 813
Greg Jamison audio on status of sale:
http://audioboo.fm/boos/939347-greg-...status-of-sale

"Phoenix Coyotes suitor Greg Jamison says he's ready to move forward with his bid for the team, but now Glendale says it wants to rework its 20-year, $324 million deal with him."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...#ixzz24zPJOFml

0point1 is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 08:42 PM
  #809
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee
 
TheLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Anxiety Closet
Country: United States
Posts: 3,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Sounds like progress to me. All I needed was the "funding is in place"
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgregg View Post
Just read about it on twitter, funding is in place and they are ready to buy. Glendale however wants to renegotiatite the lease. What? I am starting to feel like rt, it seems the goalposts keep moving.
It's called high stakes chicken boys.....

TheLegend is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 08:59 PM
  #810
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnaz View Post
Greg Jamison audio on status of sale:
http://audioboo.fm/boos/939347-greg-...status-of-sale

"Phoenix Coyotes suitor Greg Jamison says he's ready to move forward with his bid for the team, but now Glendale says it wants to rework its 20-year, $324 million deal with him."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...#ixzz24zPJOFml
I heard this crap before with Reisdorf. Last I remembered, the deal between the city and GJ(if he is for real and some doubt he is) would only get signed once the NHL completed the sale of the team to GJ.

Still waiting for the NHL to make its next move here.


Last edited by Colt45Blast: 08-29-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 09:13 PM
  #811
RR
Moderator
 
RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,082
vCash: 500
I'm guessing the now tenuous sales tax hike was a lot more important to this deal than we were led to believe. And I'm shocked!

RR is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 09:15 PM
  #812
Naurutger
Free Max!
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Well in some ways I cant blame them for trying but if they mess this up I will go bonkers.

Edit: Although reading between the lines, I think Glendale wants to make it clear they are paying for hockey events and want to prevent making the payments if the lockout eliminates games?

Naurutger is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 09:15 PM
  #813
drgregg
Registered User
 
drgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
I'm guessing the now tenuous sales tax hike was a lot more important to this deal than we were led to believe. And I'm shocked!
Agreed, hopefully we will see some closure on that soon.

drgregg is offline  
Old
08-29-2012, 09:34 PM
  #814
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 11,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I heard this crap before with Reisdorf. Last I remembered, the deal between the city and GJ(if he is for real and some doubt he is) would only get signed once the NHL completed the sale of the team to GJ.

Still waiting for the NHL to make its next move here.
I believe Reinsdorf was the one moving the goal posts before to keep the analogy going. I wouldn't blame CoG trying to get the best deal they can, especially if the new CBA gives the team a more favorable financial situation than they have now.

mouser is online now  
Old
08-29-2012, 10:02 PM
  #815
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
I believe Reinsdorf was the one moving the goal posts before to keep the analogy going. I wouldn't blame CoG trying to get the best deal they can, especially if the new CBA gives the team a more favorable financial situation than they have now.
I doubt Glendale can get it any better though despite trying.

Colt45Blast is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 01:28 AM
  #816
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 42,541
vCash: 500
The Doan deadline is what now?

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 02:25 AM
  #817
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
Great re work the lease and risk another referendum

TeamTippett is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 02:30 AM
  #818
theoriginal55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
So Jamison finally talks to the media. Why now? To put pressure on COG. "I'm ready(although I'm sure some will still say he still doesn't have the funds), so hold up your end of the bargain." If this story is true, he and the NHL have now been given a huge "out" by Glendale if one of them chooses to take it.

theoriginal55 is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 02:43 AM
  #819
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee
 
TheLegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Anxiety Closet
Country: United States
Posts: 3,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal55 View Post
So Jamison finally talks to the media. Why now? To put pressure on COG. "I'm ready(although I'm sure some will still say he still doesn't have the funds), so hold up your end of the bargain." If this story is true, he and the NHL have now been given a huge "out" by Glendale if one of them chooses to take it.
From what I've been reading via the grapevine.... CoG had a closed door meeting last week and out of it came a directive to the acting city manager not to sign the lease and AMF agreements without making some tweaks to the deal.

What those tweaks are and why the CoG needed them now is unknown, but I would bet Jamison and the NHL got wind of it and the end result is Jamison making his statements.

TheLegend is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 04:59 AM
  #820
fishbert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
From what I've been reading via the grapevine.... CoG had a closed door meeting last week and out of it came a directive to the acting city manager not to sign the lease and AMF agreements without making some tweaks to the deal.
What the god damn hell are you doing, Glendale?! Sign the damn paper before he changes his mind! ಠ_ಠ

fishbert is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 07:00 AM
  #821
JMT21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
In addition to any amendments which are now on the table..... city administrators have directed the COG that GJ must purchase the team BEFORE the lease agreement is signed.

GJ wants the lease signed first.

Strange days indeed.

JMT21 is online now  
Old
08-30-2012, 08:47 AM
  #822
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 42,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
Great re work the lease and risk another referendum
The last effort didnt even come close. Just sayin....

rt is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 09:10 AM
  #823
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris
 
TeamTippett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phx
Country: United States
Posts: 5,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
The last effort didnt even come close. Just sayin....
You want to gamble? Keep in mind any new ordiance that's passed comes with anther 30 window before going into law.

TeamTippett is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 09:44 AM
  #824
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 42,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
You want to gamble? Keep in mind any new ordiance that's passed comes with anther 30 window before going into law.
They can probably amend it on an emergency basis or some nonsense loophole. Who knows?

rt is offline  
Old
08-30-2012, 10:18 AM
  #825
Naurutger
Free Max!
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
She tweeted it out late last night but at least her hold up is:

Quote:
@clarkjv
I'm sorry but my understanding as a CM was always that lease mgmt agreement was with owner of team.
So it may be the council members opposed to the deal that are leaking out they want a modified lease. The ones for it may just want a signed purchase agreement in place before the lease is finalized. Just my guess.

Naurutger is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.