HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: This is the last one, Really!

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Lisa Halverstadt ‏@LisaHalverstadt
Council agenda shows #Glendale wants arena management fee to #Coyotes suitor Greg Jamison to decrease to $10M this year.
Quote:
One of the three budget scenarios to be presented also considers an #NHL lockout and the loss of $2.5M in #Coyotes-related revenue.
Quote:
Two scenarios also consider #Glendale collecting only $8M of projected $22M in revenue from 0.7 percentage-point sales-tax hike.
Yeah, this will end well.

Old
09-11-2012, 03:59 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
http://www.glendaleaz.com/Clerk/agen...91212-01SW.pdf

Oh wow. Wow.

Old
09-11-2012, 04:01 PM
awfulwaffle

Geesus, Glendale is in a world of hurt right now.

Old
09-11-2012, 04:12 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT21 View Post
Can you enlighten me as to what this means?

I'm assuming you've paid for your season tickets in advance. You have a choice between receiving an interest cheque every month equal to 2% of what you paid for your ST........ or getting 5% each month of Coyotes cash...... is that some kind of currency only used at Jobbing or when purchase Yotes merchandise?

I'm not from the area some I'm curious as to how it works for you guys.
Yep, my tickets are mostly paid for, so they have my money. So if there is a lockout and games get cancelled (say for argument sake the whole season is lost) I can opt to have them pay me interest on my money that they are holding. 2% per month.

The letter also said that if there is a lockout they will stop processing payments on amounts still due on the payment plans until the lockout is over; interest only paid on amounts they have received.

Or I could opt for the 5% Coyote cash which would accrue at 5% per month, but would not actually be disbursed until AFTER a new CBA is reached.

The letter says the Coyote cash is only good for tickets and concessions, so I do not expect it would be good for merch such as merch sold in the team shops.

Old
09-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

So no Doan?

Old
09-11-2012, 04:34 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
So no Doan?
I'm thinking no, not unless they can pull a rabbit out of their hats. And knowing the COG, I just don't see that happening. Not enough competence or political will to make it happen.

Old
09-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Just got my letter regarding the lockout. At least the cease collecting payments while in a lockout...

Old
09-11-2012, 07:15 PM
ScottsdaleYote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I wouldn't be so sure, unless you have a very highly paid staff. The previous City Manager (Ed Beasley) for Glendale was making >$225k in salary and benefits.
Seriously?! Well I know where I'd come up with the first $125k or so in budget cuts...

Skeete is screwing this up left and right. They came to an agreement, and now he wants a do-over. Unless you do PR for him, it's hard not to see that. Others messed this up for years yes, but he's following in their footsteps.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:16 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
So no Doan?
He's gone man. CoG wants to completely rework the lease, by the looks of it. Dropping the payment to 10m the first year, at least. This is going to take a Hell of a lot longer than tomorrow and the next day to figure out.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:27 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

I feel bad for Doan. He's been so patient and loyal only to be screwed over by some guy who wasn't even elected to the office.

I did feel earlier that it would be horribly sad to see him leave, and that it would be hard for fans to accept it. Now I've come to the conclusion that he's more than earned the right to play somewhere where there is stability and a good team on the ice - it seems like he's always had one or the other, but never both. He's given everything we could possible ask of him - and more - and it's not appreciated by the people who control the purse strings.

I will still be sad to see him go - but I will wish him all the best and I really hope to see him lift the cup, no matter what team he is playing for over the next few years. I have a sneaking suspicion that many other Coyotes fans will feel the same way, and are sad to see it play out this way, while harboring no ill will towards him. We all know where his heart is.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownquestion View Post
I feel bad for Doan. He's been so patient and loyal only to be screwed over by some guy who wasn't even elected to the office.

I did feel earlier that it would be horribly sad to see him leave, and that it would be hard for fans to accept it. Now I've come to the conclusion that he's more than earned the right to play somewhere where there is stability and a good team on the ice - it seems like he's always had one or the other, but never both. He's given everything we could possible ask of him - and more - and it's not appreciated by the people who control the purse strings.

I will still be sad to see him go - but I will wish him all the best and I really hope to see him lift the cup, no matter what team he is playing for over the next few years. I have a sneaking suspicion that many other Coyotes fans will feel the same way, and are sad to see it play out this way, while harboring no ill will towards him. We all know where his heart is.
I feel bad for Doan and I feel bad for the Fans, but at the same time no one is forcing Doan to sign with another team and nor is he being forced out by the franchise or trying to screw him over. At the end of the day this is his decision and whatever he decides to do is all on him.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:15 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I feel bad for Doan and I feel bad for the Fans, but at the same time no one is forcing Doan to sign with another team and nor is he being forced out by the franchise or trying to screw him over. At the end of the day this is his decision and whatever he decides to do is all on him.
The CBA is.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:23 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I disagree that his hand isn't being forced. He'd be nuts to go into the abyss without a contract. He has no choice.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I disagree that his hand isn't being forced. He'd be nuts to go into the abyss without a contract. He has no choice.
He does have a choice. Either he signs with the Coyotes and risk being on a team that could be relocated or sign with another team. No one is pointing a gun to Doans head on what to do.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
He does have a choice. Either he signs with the Coyotes and risk being on a team that could be relocated or sign with another team. No one is pointing a gun to Doans head on what to do.
No gun, just the future of his family. This isn't about hockey anymore, it's about his life.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
No gun, just the future of his family. This isn't about hockey anymore, it's about his life.
Of course as Doan has his own reasons and his own choice to decide.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:45 PM
lockstock

Quote:
Am I the only one that wouldn't be surprised if Doan just says F%#* it and signs with us anyway? I'm sure he's talking about it with his family. He clearly wants to be here.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:47 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Even if somebody has a gun to your head you still technically have a choice, don't you?

I'm not talking about technical choices, I'm talking about practical, sensible, responsible choices for a professional with a career and a family to make.

Jump into the void of the labor dispute completely unprotected with no contract of any kind and risk who knows what kind of unseen consequences, or take care of what you need to take care of before you can't take care of it anymore.

He has no choice. He has to sign a contract on Friday. Could he sign with the franchise currently located in Glendale Arizona? Sure. Would anyone who cares about him recommend it? Probably not.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
Am I the only one that wouldn't be surprised if Doan just says F%#* it and signs with us anyway? I'm sure he's talking about it with his family. He clearly wants to be here.
Who knows!!!! It could be that way after all. We will know one way or another.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
Thay would be great, but it looks pretty vlear that isn't in his plans

Old
09-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Even if somebody has a gun to your head you still technically have a choice, don't you?

I'm not talking about technical choices, I'm talking about practical, sensible, responsible choices for a professional with a career and a family to make.

Jump into the void of the labor dispute completely unprotected with no contract of any kind and risk who knows what kind of unseen consequences, or take care of what you need to take care of before you can't take care of it anymore.

He has no choice. He has to sign a contract on Friday. Could he sign with the franchise currently located in Glendale Arizona? Sure. Would anyone who cares about him recommend it? Probably not.
Fair enough but that doesn't mean that everyone in his shoes would do the same thing or any choice he makes is a bad one for that matter. For some, they could still keep the family in AZ while they play where ever the team is home to and find a way to make it work seeing there are plenty of athletes who's families don't live in or near where the athletes play.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:56 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

It would be pretty darn tough to "make it work" when living in Quebec City, if your family is in Phoenix, though, wouldn't it?

Old
09-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
It would be pretty darn tough to "make it work" when living in Quebec City, if your family is in Phoenix, though, wouldn't it?
Long distance relationships are very tough but that doesn't mean it won't work. There are lots of familes where the bread winner often has to travel overseas(I.E. Military) in order to make a living but it still happens and things do work out at times.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 09-11-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old
09-11-2012, 09:11 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

The latest from Lisa Halverstadt http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blo...insider/171859

Quote:
Skeete says Jamison has yet to sign off on that amount.

He said the $10 million outlined ahead of Wednesday’s budget session was just a number used to demonstrate the city’s economic picture if Glendale voters reverse a sales-tax hike projected to bring in more than $20 million.

“There’s no agreement yet,” Skeete said.

Still, he holds out hope a deal can be reached, perhaps even by Wednesday morning.

“Hopefully some of the uncertainty and some of those numbers will clarify themselves overnight,” he said.

Last edited by Naurutger: 09-11-2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Gotta leave something to click on so the site gets paid:)
Old
09-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

I dont even know what to think anymore hahaha.

Closed Thread