HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: This is the last one, Really!

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2012, 10:04 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
Am I the only one that wouldn't be surprised if Doan just says F%#* it and signs with us anyway? I'm sure he's talking about it with his family. He clearly wants to be here.
The only problem with that is the "How would it look if I signed after saying I wouldn't." Pride can make you do dumb things sometimes.

I think it's about a 10% shot that he stays. Drop it by 3.3% each on Wed, Thurs and Fri.

I so want to be wrong.

Old
09-11-2012, 10:44 PM
clayman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
The only problem with that is the "How would it look if I signed after saying I wouldn't." Pride can make you do dumb things sometimes.

I think it's about a 10% shot that he stays. Drop it by 3.3% each on Wed, Thurs and Fri.

I so want to be wrong.
Exactly what I was thinking...

Old
09-11-2012, 11:13 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
Am I the only one that wouldn't be surprised if Doan just says F%#* it and signs with us anyway? I'm sure he's talking about it with his family. He clearly wants to be here.
No, I feel it will come down to a 1 year deal if the saga isn't finalized or multi if it is...

Old
09-11-2012, 11:17 PM
cobra427

The 10 million short fall for one year from the original AMF is not insurmountable by JIG and the NHL. I think they can work around it. Can they get it completed by Friday so Doan stays, I am not sure of that, but they could. Even if Doan leaves, I don't think it is the end of the world for the team. His production has been fading and is likely to continue fading over the next few years. His leadership skills will be missed though, and that will be harder to replace then his production. Lets hope he stays, fingers crossed....

Old
09-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Naurutger

vCash: 1329
I dont know, from that last article it sounds like reducing the amount down to 10 million would only be the case if the sales tax is reduced or perhaps if the lockout takes the whole year. I could be wrong.

Old
09-11-2012, 11:58 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleYote View Post
Seriously?! Well I know where I'd come up with the first $125k or so in budget cuts...

Skeete is screwing this up left and right. They came to an agreement, and now he wants a do-over. Unless you do PR for him, it's hard not to see that. Others messed this up for years yes, but he's following in their footsteps.
Skeete is acting on the direction from the City Council.

There was closed door session in which Skeete was directed not to sign the agreement and negotiate some changes to the AMF taking in the pending sales tax initiative vote into consideration.

Old
09-12-2012, 12:01 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
I dont know, from that last article it sounds like reducing the amount down to 10 million would only be the case if the sales tax is reduced or perhaps if the lockout takes the whole year. I could be wrong.
The AMF is front loaded. It could be they want to rework the numbers and take the front loading off to ease things if the sales tax gets rolled back.

The question would then be can Jamison live with that?

There's a good chance Mayor Scruggs would flip her position back and support it.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
I'd like to think Doan is mature enough for that not to be an issue.

Old
09-12-2012, 02:12 PM
clayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I'd like to think Doan is mature enough for that not to be an issue.
Maturity and pride, as in having giving your word to do something, are two different things. Doan seems to be a man of his word and I have to believe this would weigh heavily on his decision.

Old
09-12-2012, 02:43 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:

I so want to be wrong.
He has never said he wouldn't sign with the Coyotes if the Coyotes don't get a new owner by the 15th! he only said that he needs to sign a contract by then. If he does eventually sign a contract with the Coyotes without new ownership taken over, it would most likely be a 1 year contract with a very limited trade option.

Old
09-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Naurutger

http://glendale-az.granicus.com/Medi...p?publish_id=4

Listening to the exciting action. Skeete said he was trying to negotiate the AMF to $72 million for the first 5 years ($14.4 a year). Not finalized, just negotiating but wants it to be finalized this week.

They showed a slide real quick so I read it to be (in millions):
$13 FY13
$14 FY14
$14 FY15
$15 FY16
$16 FY17

Quote:
@LisaHalverstadt
Skeete: If I can't renegotiate a deal with Jamison, I cannot present a situation where I can recommend keeping the #Coyotes.

"The fact that we continue to talk gives me hope that we can come to an understanding of city's position, the city's requirement for us to be successful in signing the deal. If we cannot get to that place, I will let you know as soon as possible."

Last edited by Naurutger: 09-12-2012 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Updates
Old
09-12-2012, 04:08 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Oh boy. So, we are essentially just tossing the last agreement right out the window and starting all over again? Haha. I suppose this means that it's got to go to a vote from the council again. I guess they'll call an emergency vote. Then, it only makes sense that the old Coots will petition that the agreement needs to go to the ballot and will be out collecting signatures in no time. Maybe this time around, though, they'll be able to correct their past mistakes and do a proper job of it.

09-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Naurutger

I am not sure about re-voting, I have heard different versions of it and I would hope we could avoid another round of votes but what I find interesting is this:
Quote:
SECTION 1. That it is deemed in the best interest of the City of Glendale and the citizens thereof to grant a leasehold interest within the Arena Lease and Management Agreement with Arizona Hockey Arena Partners, LLC and Arizona Hockey Partners, LLC. The agreement, in substantial final form, is now on file in the office of the City Clerk of the City of Glendale to the Exclusive Team Space, which is defined in 1.1 of the Arena Lease and Management Agreement as “the portions of the Arena Facility designed and constructed for the exclusive use by the Team Owner, including the team locker room (the space in the Arena Facility designed and constructed for the exclusive use by the Team Owner as a home team locker room, including dressing, locker, shower, lounge, training, exercise and video coaching areas), the Team Owner’s office, the Team’s storage areas, and the Team Retail Stores.”
http://www.glendaleaz.com/clerk/agen...tes/060812.pdf

Substantial-of ample or considerable amount, quantity, size, etc.: a substantial sum of money.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/substantial

So would reducing the amount require a new vote, would it substantially change the deal or could it be considered minor? About a 24% decrease for this year but only a 4% decrease over the life of the lease's average (14.4/15)

Last edited by Naurutger: 09-12-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old
09-12-2012, 04:42 PM
awfulwaffle

It's over. Let's face it guys, Glendale is bleeding money, they have overspent on sports and entertainment.

Even with the sales tax initiative, they are having to search for places to cut spending, to borrow money, etc.

Old
09-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
It's over. Let's face it guys, Glendale is bleeding money, they have overspent on sports and entertainment.

Even with the sales tax initiative, they are having to search for places to cut spending, to borrow money, etc.
Its doesn't help when the asking price isn't moved as well.

Old
09-12-2012, 07:44 PM
KingSalamon

It's not over yet guys... now if Doan is sticking to his word this time and will sign by the 15th, well perhaps Doan is going somewhere else... however, the sale isn;t dead so perhaps there is still reason for hope.

Stay strong!

Old
09-12-2012, 07:59 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
It's not over yet guys... now if Doan is sticking to his word this time and will sign by the 15th, well perhaps Doan is going somewhere else... however, the sale isn;t dead so perhaps there is still reason for hope.

Stay strong!
Look at the City financials. The ONLY way I see it being somewhat possible is if they do pass the sales tax initiative, but if it's on the ballot, who in their right mind would vote for more taxes?

Old
09-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Naurutger

Part of new also wonders if this is a negotiation ploy. Just watching it I could not shake that idea.

Old
09-12-2012, 08:14 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Again folks the sales tax initiative is only prospectively moving forward. I know what SGN suggests but it's not constitutional. In law you really can't challenge the constitutionality of something until its been acted upon

Old
09-12-2012, 09:59 PM
drgregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
Again folks the sales tax initiative is only prospectively moving forward. I know what SGN suggests but it's not constitutional. In law you really can't challenge the constitutionality of something until its been acted upon
The amount of confusion on this point is stunning. Whether the initiative is retroactive or not is something I would assume would be pretty straightforward, but apparently it depends on who you ask.

That said, I am actually feeling more positive after today's meeting than I was feeling earlier in the week. Doan may still be gone, but the sale seems to still be progressing. I can't wait until I can stop caring about Glendale politics, yeesh.

Old
09-13-2012, 03:36 AM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
One of the reasons why the AZSC did not comment when refusing to hear the arguments to reverse the appeals court ruling.

Old
09-13-2012, 07:28 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

It would be nice if the NHL would just drop the purchase price $10 mil to help bridge the gap in this whole mess. They would still be getting more than the team is valued at and the Jamison group could rework the $10 mil into their financials over the first 5 years to lower the management fee for the city.

Old
09-13-2012, 07:38 AM
DancesWithWookies

vCash: 907
I guess I'm just a little confused but maybe you can help clear it up:

1) Jamison has the $170 million. So is the only thing holding up the purchase Glendale wanting to rework the arena management agreement?

2) How bad will the probable lockout be for Glendale regarding debt? Will it cripple them? I read that the lockout will cost the Jets millions in debt payments, staff salaries etc.

3) Is there no other place to move the team in Phoenix or Arizona?

4) Are there any polls indicating the likelihood of the ballot tax increase passing?

5) Whats the deadline for the current NHL ownership? I think it was extended, but if Glendale wont do anything until the tax increases passes, will the NHL hold on to ownership until then, wether the NHL plays or not?

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited by DancesWithWookies: 09-13-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Corrected team
Old
09-13-2012, 10:09 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

1. That's the rumor.

2. How can anyone know?

3. Absurd. The brand new, bazillion dollar arena is in Glendale. That's all there is to it.

4. Not that I've seen. My guess is that Glendale is a little small for unofficial polling on tax initiatives

5. Only Gary Bettman knows

Old
09-13-2012, 11:38 AM
turbodaze

nhl lockout and jobing.com arena

will this nhl lockout hurt the team very badly if no one can go to nhl hockey this year and fill the arena up?

They have lost so much money so far.

Doesn't Glendale have to pay 20 million per season to keep the PHX Coyotes around?

Closed Thread