HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Avalanche remaining moves

Old
07-13-2012, 09:28 PM
hawkeyguru93

vCash: 500
Avalanche remaining moves

Obviously the Avs still need to resign O'Reilly but I think that they are one or two players away from becoming a contender for the Northwest.

I believe that if they can lure Semin in and can make a trade without moving a core piece of their NHL team, that they can win the northwest and make a strong playoff push.

So my 4 moves for the Avs to be a contending team is:
1. Re-Sign O'Reilly
2. Sign Alexander Semin and Gilbert Brule
3. Trade for Yandle.

Thought?

hawkeyguru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Puckstop40
Registered Avs Fan

I still think we are a season or two from legitamately competing. We need our young guys to continue to develop and to aquire a top pairing d-men to play with EJ. With what you listed, that would definitely make us a threat in the West.

Puckstop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:36 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyguru93 View Post
Obviously the Avs still need to resign O'Reilly but I think that they are one or two players away from becoming a contender for the Northwest.

I believe that if they can lure Semin in and can make a trade without moving a core piece of their NHL team, that they can win the northwest and make a strong playoff push.

1. Re-Sign O'Reilly
3. Trade for Yandle.

Thought?
What non-core pieces do you think can be moved for a guy like Yandle?

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:36 PM
hawkeyguru93

I agree that if the Avs Roster stays how it is now we should be able to sneak into the playoffs but arent yet a legitimate contender. But getting a trade done for Yandle is definitley not impossible and Semin would add another 30-35 goals to our team. That has to put us up there with the likes of Vancouver in the NW

Old
07-13-2012, 09:37 PM
DatsyukOwns
Hero

For us, it will take more then that. Can o'reilly perform like he did did last season? can Duchene return to form?Can landeskog expand on his season? Can downie and Mcginn peform like they did before? You also say we should trade for yandle without give a key piece and it won't happen like that. He is a big part of the yotes and it will take a lot to get him.

But its always nice to think about.

DatsyukOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Xgp

vCash: 50
I'm not sure how we could realistically acquire yandle. Without creating a new hole to fill.

Xgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I don't see them contending for the NW title yet. But the Avs are my favourite team in the division, and I like your future better than Minnesota's.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:43 PM
hawkeyguru93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
What non-core pieces do you think can be moved for a guy like Yandle?
Pheonix is probably going to end up losing Doan and if they can get back some young prospects that will be developed enough in a year or so to be everday players then I believe they would do it.

Avs can offer guys like Barrie, Elliott, Gaunce, or O'Byrne on defense and guys like Kobasew, Mcleod, Olver, Hishon, or Sgarbossa on offense.And I wouldnt even mind if they sent one of Pickard or Aittokallio either. Not to mention draft picks are always coveted by cap floor teams like the Yotes. put a package of a few of these good young players and a draft pick or two and Pheonix might pull the trigger.

Old
07-13-2012, 09:46 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
No point in trading for Yandle, we might as well be patient and hope that one of Siemens/Elliott/Barrie becomes good enough to play beside EJ.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:47 PM
hawkeyguru93

Oh and lets not forget about them having Rundblad and Gormley who are going to be good defensemen in the NHL very soon

Old
07-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

Why Gilbert Brule?

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 09:55 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
Why Gilbert Brule?
Because I am a fan of his, so Sherman needs to sign him to make up for the SOB re-signing.

Old
07-13-2012, 09:56 PM
hawkeyguru93

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
Why Gilbert Brule?
Solid center, thats good defensively and can put the puck in the net occasionally, that will give Olver some competition in camp and if he can return to the form he was in 2 years ago for Edmonton we have another potential 15 goal scorer. He will come pretty cheap as well and could be McClements replacement on the PK.

Old
07-13-2012, 10:13 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Quote:
Solid center, thats good defensively and can put the puck in the net occasionally, that will give Olver some competition in camp and if he can return to the form he was in 2 years ago for Edmonton we have another potential 15 goal scorer. He will come pretty cheap as well and could be McClements replacement on the PK.
We already signed John Mitchell to be our 4th line center.

Old
07-13-2012, 10:19 PM
DesertDawg

I do not believe that the Avs will acquire Yandle. The asking price would be too much for the Avs and the Coyotes are not shopping Yandle. The prospects listed on the Coyotes are likely to play in the "A" for at least the start of the season.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:34 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
My thoughts are that only one of those will happen (guess), and that Gilbert Brule would be the worst forward on an Avalanche team that has Cody McLeod.

Given that Colorado has so many solid-but-unspectacular defensemen on it's roster, it'd be nice to see them make a move for an All-Star blue liner. But with limited means to acquire such a caliber of player, I seriously doubt we see a big move for a blue liner - or any other big move - this off-season.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 10:57 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

number 1 is the only one I see happening

and it's not quite as bad as usual (the PAP signing everybody saw coming), but the avs moves tend to come out of nowhere...yandle makes too much sense (well other than the fact we don't want to give up what it will take to get him), and if semin is as lazy as hit teammates say, he really doesn't fit into the character of the team.

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:01 PM
KodiakArrest
MacWinnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconski View Post
number 1 is the only one I see happening

and it's not quite as bad as usual (the PAP signing everybody saw coming), but the avs moves tend to come out of nowhere...yandle makes too much sense (well other than the fact we don't want to give up what it will take to get him), and if semin is as lazy as hit teammates say, he really doesn't fit into the character of the team.
The lazy Semin stereotype is really getting beaten to death. The guy is a great scorer and teams simply don't score when he is on the ice. If you want to continue beating a dead horse go ahead, but it's an ignorant stereotype.

I guess people take what idiots like Marc Crawford say to heart.

KodiakArrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2012, 11:50 PM
PAZ

Not this season. If Michalek had a random desire to go to the Colorado (assuming Shero let him pick his team), we'd be in a pretty good position.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:16 AM
CobraAcesS

Yeah G. Brule is a waste of time..

Beyond that even if we could move Stastny for Yandle we would have to add and end up without a 3rd line center.

A guy like M. Staal is more realistic, hes very good but more of a shutdown guy and a hell of a lot closer in value to Stastny than Yandle is.

If something could be worked out with NYR where we add to get Dubinsky in the deal that could work. A scenario where we trade a center for a defender and the deal is big enough to bring back a solid third line center could work..

Something around Stastny + for Enstrom + Burmistrov/Little is another realistic scenario as well.

The most likely scenario is that they do nothing until the trade deadline when we have a better idea of where to rank each one of our centers in the lineup. At that point it may not cost as much to acquire a guy like Enstrom with only part of a year left on his contract. At least not one of our core players anyways and then we could either stand pat with that move or actually trade a center for whichever piece we couldn't pickup between a defender or a top line winger.

Get ready to be disappointed if you expect to much more at this point.

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 07-14-2012 at 12:38 AM.
CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 04:05 AM
ronaldo123

Quote:
Originally Posted by FjordToBoard View Post
The lazy Semin stereotype is really getting beaten to death. The guy is a great scorer and teams simply don't score when he is on the ice. If you want to continue beating a dead horse go ahead, but it's an ignorant stereotype.

I guess people take what idiots like Marc Crawford say to heart.
I would take the youngest Jack Adams trophy winner and a Stanley Cup winning coach over some random HF poster. These guys are professionals, they know something about the stuff happens behind closed doors

ronaldo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 04:09 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo123 View Post
I would take the youngest Jack Adams trophy winner and a Stanley Cup winning coach over some random HF poster. These guys are professionals, they know something about the stuff happens behind closed doors
how do you know that for sure?

Crawford may have won a cup with our stacked team but he has never coached nor played with Semin so I'm not really sure how it was a fair critique of Semin's character regardless of his qualifications.

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 04:10 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:

1. Re-Sign O'Reilly
3. Trade for Yandle.

Thought?
I hope we get Semin, but we don't need (or want) Brule.

And considering Yandle, I don't see Colorado trading for him given his price tag, Enstrom could be a target if Jets are willing to take non-core players, picks and prospects for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo123 View Post
Crawford is a joke.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 04:30 AM
ronaldo123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
how do you know that for sure?

Crawford may have won a cup with our stacked team but he has never coached nor played with Semin so I'm not really sure how it was a fair critique of Semin's character regardless of his qualifications.
He has a lot more credibility than a bunch of people on an internet forum. How can we say that Semin is not lazy and we have no qualifications

ronaldo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 05:58 AM
klozge
Avs

I think Avs are done until training camp. If they can sign Semin for little money and a healthy term they'll possibly do that but I get the feeling they are satisfied with the team. O'Reilly will be re-signed, of course.

klozge is offline   Reply With Quote