HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Pens sign forward Benn Ferriero

Old
07-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityassault View Post
Easily.

My prediction for Opening night will be

Letang-Orpik
Martin-Niskanen
Engelland-Strait
Bortuzzo

As we've waived Lovejoy who gets claimed on waivers by a Nashville/Florida/Winnipeg (if we haven't traded him for a 5th/6th round pick before that), and we sent down Dylan Reese who cleared waivers, and will be our 1st call up on D
I would be very surprised if Despres isn't on the opening night roster. I would be completely shocked if he isn't the first call-up otherwise. I predict Dylan Reese sees exactly 0 games in the big club this year.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I would be very surprised if Despres isn't on the opening night roster. I would be completely shocked if he isn't the first call-up otherwise. I predict Dylan Reese sees exactly 0 games in the big club this year.
Well Picard and Sneep played for the Pens last year so you never know.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Well Picard and Sneep played for the Pens last year so you never know.
You're right, but I think it would take a lot to get him here.

Letang
Orpik
Martin
Niskanen
Engellend
Despres
Strait
Bortuzzo
Dumoulin
Morrow
Sneep

I figure our depth chart looks something like that with McNeill just before or after Sneep. We never got that deep last year I don't think. Either way, my point is that he isn't near the top of our call-up list imo.

Old
07-18-2012, 04:12 PM
steelcityassault

Quote:
Well, Despres doesn't have to clear waivers. So unless we trade two to three of our defensemen, he'll start in WB/S.

He'll be the 1st call up if that's the case. Reese will almost certainly see some NHL games with Pittsburgh. They'll call him up before Morrow and Dumoulin, etc while they are just getting into the pro game and Reese is a 6-year pro

steelcityassault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Well, Despres doesn't have to clear waivers. So unless we trade two to three of our defensemen, he'll start in WB/S.
I doubt it. He is that much better than Strait and Bortuzzo imo. He's forcing his way onto the opening night line-up.

Quote:
He'll be the 1st call up if that's the case. Reese will almost certainly see some NHL games with Pittsburgh. They'll call him up before Morrow and Dumoulin, etc while they are just getting into the pro game and Reese is a 6-year pro
If we need a guy really early, maybe. We'd need to have at least three or four injuries before Dumoulin and Morrow get acclimated to the system. By the half way point of the year I expect both Dumoulin and Morrow to prove that they are considerably better than the rest of the defense in WBS despite being less experienced.

Old
07-18-2012, 06:14 PM
bigd

Quote:
You're right, but I think it would take a lot to get him here.

Letang
Orpik
Martin
Niskanen
Engellend
Despres
Strait
Bortuzzo
Dumoulin
Morrow
Sneep

I figure our depth chart looks something like that with McNeill just before or after Sneep. We never got that deep last year I don't think. Either way, my point is that he isn't near the top of our call-up list imo.
As of right now Lovejoy is still on the team.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd View Post
As of right now Lovejoy is still on the team.
ya but its not actually possible for Lovejoy, Strait and Bortuzzo to all be on the roster without getting rid of somebody else is it? I guess if we send Despres down AND keep 8 D with the team.