Jackals: Elmira or Fold

Old
05-06-2012, 06:47 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Jackals: Elmira or Fold

http://www.stargazette.com/article/2...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

This is the most positive thing we have heard in awhile however I think if Afr is run out he will fold up shop.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 07:20 AM
tazman911

So where in the article did it say they would fold. This is what I read in the article. Sounds to me like hockey will go on in Elmira next regardless of what happens.

Quote:
ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna said the Jackals' Michigan-based owners, Mostafa Afr and his son, Tamer Afr, will continue to operate the team in Elmira regardless of how the arena situation works out.

tazman911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Blue n Gold Forever

Sounded pretty positive about the Jackals playing in Elmira. The only uncertainty appear to be who will operate the arena. I did get the idea that the team was folding from the piece.

Blue n Gold Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:37 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman911 View Post
So where in the article did it say they would fold. This is what I read in the article. Sounds to me like hockey will go on in Elmira next regardless of what happens.
Because if you read the part where Santulli said if they are not here next year it won't be because of us(the County). If Afr isn't awarded back the arena i'm not sure he would still want to operate and it would be up to the new owner if he wanted to do business with the Afr's and if they wanted to do business with the new owners. The county doesn't want to own the place, so the part mentioned about working with the Afr's is misleading. They said they would close it if it had no insurance(which it apparently does), they haven't really stated what will happen if they don't find any buyers.

Old
05-23-2012, 04:00 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Interesting info just appeared on the teams website:

http://www.jackalshockey.com/news/te...meeting-052312

Quote:
Jackals to host town hall meeting to preview 2012-2013 season
Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Elmira Jackals will host a town hall meeting inside First Arena on Thursday, June 7 at 6:30 p.m. to preview the 2012-2013 season, the club's sixth in the ECHL. The general public is invited to attend the event free of charge.

New general manager Matt Hufnagel will discuss improvements to the game-day experience for the upcoming season among other fan-related items. Jackals coach Pat Bingham is also expected to be on hand to recap the 2011-2012 campaign and to look ahead to next season. Fans are invited to participate in a question-and-answer session with club representatives including Hufnagel and Bingham as part of the event.

The meeting will take place inside the seating bowl at First Arena. Fans may enter the building using the Main Street entrance.

Old
05-30-2012, 01:49 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Something is coming today according to our local news. No idea what the update will be on. However my sources have been indicating to me that it sounds like not only is the team staying but that Afr is staying arena owner.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:19 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Staying for a year:

http://www.wetmtv.com/news/local/sto...qpWBb91hg.cspx

The agreement allows for EDA to continue operating the Arena consistent with the current First Arena Management and Operating Agreement but provides that the County shall have identical rights as STED was provided in that agreement to ensure EDA compliance with the agreement during the term of the MOU.

"With litigation still pending it does not make sense for the County to begin the process of securing requests for proposals relative to the sale and management of the facility," said Santulli. "We want the community to continue to enjoy Jackals hockey and until these cases are settled, some of which are subject to appeal, it was necessary to development an agreement so the ECHL and the Jackals could continue preparing for the upcoming season."

Contract goes from Friday to June 1st next year.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Staying for a year:

http://www.wetmtv.com/news/local/sto...qpWBb91hg.cspx

The agreement allows for EDA to continue operating the Arena consistent with the current First Arena Management and Operating Agreement but provides that the County shall have identical rights as STED was provided in that agreement to ensure EDA compliance with the agreement during the term of the MOU.

"With litigation still pending it does not make sense for the County to begin the process of securing requests for proposals relative to the sale and management of the facility," said Santulli. "We want the community to continue to enjoy Jackals hockey and until these cases are settled, some of which are subject to appeal, it was necessary to development an agreement so the ECHL and the Jackals could continue preparing for the upcoming season."

Contract goes from Friday to June 1st next year.
Congratulations to all Jackals Fans. I love to see teams staying in an area for their loyal fanbases at all levels.

Solution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 05:42 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

This looks to be every part of the 1 year deal given and nothing more. I just heard on our local news that the county says they are going to start looking for new owners in October.

Old
07-10-2012, 12:36 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

This came out tonght:

http://www.wetmtv.com/news/local/sto...S5ekfBzdQ.cspx

Had no idea vote was coming on this. Two party members were against it.I'm not surewhat will hppen come ext summer. I have heard things but really nobody knows right now,