HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saad to play center?

Old
07-14-2012, 10:12 AM
rick hawk

vCash: 500
Its funny but Shaw and Sharp have a lot of experience at center so you put them on wing. Kane, Saad, Frolick and even, Mayers are wingers so you try to make them centers

rick hawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:25 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
No, he isn't. He has a better shot, that's about it. Having a better shot =/= being a better goal-scorer though.
This Kruger you and Bubba speak of had better stand up soon.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:39 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
What Kruger am I speaking of? Kruger is better than Pirri, it's that simple. They're both average sized, slight, playmaking centres. Niether of them are poor skaters but neither have breakaway speed. Pirri has a better shot, Kruger has a better nose for the net. Pirri plays no defense and Kruger plays excellent defense for his age. That is what seperates them and that's why Pirri was in the AHL last year and Kruger in Chicago.

What do some of you do, look at the stats and assume Pirri must be better? Kruger was one of the best players in Sweden before he came to the Hawks and produced alot of points in the SEL.. but, Kruger sucks offensively right? Or is it that he's only good on bigger ice? Or, could it simply be that he was above his head at this point in his developement in being a top-6 centre on an NHL team? Hmm.. I don't know.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:46 AM
rick hawk

[QUOTE=Kruger has a better nose for the net. QUOTE]

Based on what??? Some of your points are valid. However, when you make statements like that as if they were absolute truths you display a huge bias IMO>

Old
07-14-2012, 10:52 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick hawk View Post
Based on what??? Some of your points are valid. However, when you make statements like that as if they were absolute truths you display a huge bias IMO>
Go watch Brandon Pirri play. Almost all of Kruger's goals this year came from him getting to the net and putting home a rebound or loose puck. I'm not saying Pirri only ever stays on the perimeter, but Kruger very clearly is the more willing of the two to get involved in the dirty areas.

Old
07-14-2012, 10:57 AM
rick hawk

All of Kruger's goals??? He hardly ever scored. I don't see how you can make such a sweeping statement out of such a small sample. I see a guy who struggles to score not a guy with "a nose for the net" Some nose.

Old
07-14-2012, 11:06 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
All of Kruger's goals??? He hardly ever scored. I don't see how you can make such a sweeping statement out of such a small sample. I see a guy who struggles to score not a guy with "a nose for the net" Some nose.
Such a "sweeping statement"? Kruger has a better nose for the net. Claming either one to be significantly better is a sweeping statement. Saying Kruger has a better nose for the net, because he does, is just a fact. Perhaps I worded it wrong, but it was suppose to mean Kruger is more willing to get involved in the tough areas of the ice.

Old
07-14-2012, 11:12 AM
rick hawk

Ok, I can accept that. I can also accept the fact that Kruger is better than Pirri defensively. I won't accept that Kruger is better than Pirr offensively at this point, however. Not based on what I have seen.

Last edited by rick hawk: 07-14-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old
07-14-2012, 11:16 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Toews gets injured, it becomes obvious who our second best 1C is, but he's not good enough for 2C. Ok.

Last edited by deytookerjaabs: 07-14-2012 at 12:24 PM.
deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:07 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Sharp played center his first two years for chicago. Most had him pegged as our third line center of the future after his first 40 games for Chicago. He also made Frolik look like a sniper with how snakebit he and Curtis Brown were.

Just a bit of perspective.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 12:14 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Quote:
Pirri is no better than Kruger. No better, at all. Just worse defensively.
This is just out and out false.

Old
07-14-2012, 12:19 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Pirri is just as willing to go to the dirty areas to score, he just doesn't have too unlike Kruger.

Pirri and Morin both have tried to play a gritty physical game in their limited nhl minutes. They need to focus on playing their game.

Old
07-14-2012, 12:37 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Pirri is just as willing to go to the dirty areas to score, he just doesn't have too unlike Kruger.

Pirri and Morin both have tried to play a gritty physical game in their limited nhl minutes. They need to focus on playing their game.

I agree. Neither should change to the style they think they need to play, especially Morin. Play responsibly on the defensive side and gritty certainly, but don't go out of the way to prove anything physically and consequently take away from your own (offensive) game in doing so.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 02:56 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
It's really not.

Old
07-14-2012, 03:33 PM
DontToewzMeBro

I think Pirri is a more creative player. While Kruger is better defensively.

Pirri ->Ganger esc type player offensive flair shifty and elusive, still young. Has an incredible slap shot for a forward and decent wrister

Kruger- Confidence when gained you see some offensive flair, potential is there to be a good playmaker.
Good defensively but not miles ahead of anyone. Works hard but panics when pressured.

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

All I can say is that Brandon Pirri would certainly have gotten more than a measly 26 points if he played more than half of the season with Sharp and Hossa and had consistent PP time too. Things that Kruger had.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 03:37 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Quote:
I list three alternative centers the Hawks have/will have available, in order of draft year, and you single out Pirri? From what I've seen Pirri has it all over Kruger offensivly.

Quote:
You would think that putting Pirri with Hossa and Sharp that it would cover up for some of his defensive weaknesses. God knows Kane isn't exectly a defensive powerhouse at center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post

Agree with both statements.

Quote:
What Kruger am I speaking of? Kruger is better than Pirri, it's that simple. They're both average sized, slight, playmaking centres. Niether of them are poor skaters but neither have breakaway speed. Pirri has a better shot, Kruger has a better nose for the net. Pirri plays no defense and Kruger plays excellent defense for his age. That is what seperates them and that's why Pirri was in the AHL last year and Kruger in Chicago.

What do some of you do, look at the stats and assume Pirri must be better? Kruger was one of the best players in Sweden before he came to the Hawks and produced alot of points in the SEL.. but, Kruger sucks offensively right? Or is it that he's only good on bigger ice? Or, could it simply be that he was above his head at this point in his developement in being a top-6 centre on an NHL team? Hmm.. I don't know.
Pirri plays bigger than Kruger. I've coached high school players who are obviously stronger on their skates than Kruger seems to be. I've seen nothing of Kruger's playmaking abilities, either.

Quote:
Such a "sweeping statement"? Kruger has a better nose for the net. Claming either one to be significantly better is a sweeping statement. Saying Kruger has a better nose for the net, because he does, is just a fact. Perhaps I worded it wrong, but it was suppose to mean Kruger is more willing to get involved in the tough areas of the ice.
Doesn't help going to the tough areas when you're knocked on your arse 75% of the time you're there. Kruger's only offensive play is going to the net.

Quote:
Ok, I can accept that. I can also accept the fact that Kruger is better than Pirri defensively. I won't accept that Kruger is better than Pirr offensively at this point, however. Not based on what I have seen.
Quote:
Again, both true.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 03:50 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

At this point, it's humorous.

P.S, I never said Kruger is better than Pirri defensively. Everything between the two is marginally better/worse except for Pirri's shot and Kruger's defensive play.

Old
07-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Marotte Marauder

Pirri, Saad or Kruger as 2C= Lousy.

Kruger as 4C= Lousy.

If any of it shakes out this way, it's going to be a long winter.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Tomahawk Patch

i swear Kruger must work for Al Qaeda
Attached Images
File Type: gif 20774d1134590211-hijack-thread-hijack.gif‎ (79.1 KB, 4 views)

Tomahawk Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 04:30 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk Patch View Post
i swear Kruger must work for Al Qaeda
haha made me lol

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 05:35 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Quote:
Quote:
... Pirri plays no defense and Kruger plays excellent defense for his age. That is what seperates them and that's why Pirri was in the AHL last year and Kruger in Chicago....
Quote:
At this point, it's humorous.

P.S, I never said Kruger is better than Pirri defensively. Everything between the two is marginally better/worse except for Pirri's shot and Kruger's defensive play.
Hmmm...just in this thread alone there are two statements contradicting your last statement. That doesn't include the countless other posts in countless other threads where you've claimed the same.

BTW, my original post in this thread (post #41 http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7&postcount=41 ) made no mention of Kruger. You're the one that brought him into the thread (your post #44, the first quote listed above).

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr View Post
Hmmm...just in this thread alone there are two statements contradicting your last statement. That doesn't include the countless other posts in countless other threads where you've claimed the same.

BTW, my original post in this thread (post #41 http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7&postcount=41 ) made no mention of Kruger. You're the one that brought him into the thread (your post #44, the first quote listed above).
It's even hard for Hoss The Boss to read his posts.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 06:23 PM
clydesdale line

Quote:
Niether of them are poor skaters but neither have breakaway speed.
Pirri is definitely a better skater though.

clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

Pirri, next to Kruger, is elite offensively. I highly doubt anybody here other then me has seen Pirri play last year.

Marcus Kruger is a waste of a roster spot. He is horrible in the offensive zone while an average defensive player. This team doesnt need Pirri for nothing other then offense, put a line out there with Sharp and Hossa, and his defensive short comings, and he is rough defensively, could be covered up considering how both are above average defensively. You put Kruger in that role, and you have one of the worst second line centers in the NHL. Pirri will produce, Kruger has shown he cant do anything in the offensive zone then get run over at will.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote