HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Barclay's Center & Brooklyn/Queens Talk Part III

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2012, 08:58 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
True. But I have a hard time believing the current Isles regime and Nassau county are talking anything constructive at this time since Wang showed no interest in the current Nassau Hub RFQ/RFP and we still don't have the winner.

Nassau needs the Isles but Mangano is now resorting to trampling tactics to force Wang to sell the Isles to the RFQ/RFP winner. However, Wang has NO duty to sell the Isles to the winning developer nor does he have to negotiate with one.
Ziggy16 posted a new article that's in the NY Post. It's being reported that LaFontaine's been contacted by Euro investors, who want to buy the team and keep them on LI. Wang's price tag is $300m.

If the RFQ/RFP winner wants to buy the team, they have an idea what Wang will ask for to get the team+ the cable deal.

Old
10-01-2012, 09:22 AM
PJGooch

vCash: 500
Quote:
True. But I have a hard time believing the current Isles regime and Nassau county are talking anything constructive at this time since Wang showed no interest in the current Nassau Hub RFQ/RFP and we still don't have the winner.

Nassau needs the Isles but Mangano is now resorting to trampling tactics to force Wang to sell the Isles to the RFQ/RFP winner. However, Wang has NO duty to sell the Isles to the winning developer nor does he have to negotiate with one.
If Wang's ultimate goal is to remain in Nassau, the best card he has to play is the silence card. Let Mangano waste his breath on this and that. Wang is not obligated to respond to Mangano and Newsday fluff. He's a private business owner that's months of continued silence away from having Nassau forced into position to start making real decisions.

Old
10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Isles72

Does Wang even include the cable deal income when balancing the teams books ?

thought I read somewhere that he didnt .

Old
10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Ziggy16 posted a new article that's in the NY Post. It's being reported that LaFontaine's been contacted by Euro investors, who want to buy the team and keep them on LI. Wang's price tag is $300m.

If the RFQ/RFP winner wants to buy the team, they have an idea what Wang will ask for to get the team+ the cable deal.
.....and the rights to the surrounding parking lot he is leasing.

And 72, I know he does not HAVE TO include the cable deal as per GAAP. It was bought with but as a separate asset to the team. It has its own value and in the last labor dispute Wang was reported to list HALF the value in his losses.

So I don't think he includes it in his books.

But Forbes does.

Thus the $20M losses he claimed when he really lost $4M or $12M those years.

Old
10-01-2012, 03:22 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJGooch View Post
If Wang's ultimate goal is to remain in Nassau, the best card he has to play is the silence card. Let Mangano waste his breath on this and that. Wang is not obligated to respond to Mangano and Newsday fluff. He's a private business owner that's months of continued silence away from having Nassau forced into position to start making real decisions.
Exactly. Time is on his side.

Old
10-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Bert Marshall days

There should've been a hockey game tonight in Brooklyn. The only game/arena I wanted to see all year. I hate the powers that be shmucks who ruined this. Would've been a great time.

Old
10-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

So who's excited for tonight's game in Brooklyn?!?!

Old
10-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Isles72

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
.....and the rights to the surrounding parking lot he is leasing.

And 72, I know he does not HAVE TO include the cable deal as per GAAP. It was bought with but as a separate asset to the team. It has its own value and in the last labor dispute Wang was reported to list HALF the value in his losses.

So I don't think he includes it in his books.

But Forbes does.

Thus the $20M losses he claimed when he really lost $4M or $12M those years.
thanks

Old
10-02-2012, 03:50 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles72 View Post
thanks
No problem. I knew he was a ******* when he took over.....and am thrilled everyone sees the CA accounting tricks haunt us today. (it took a while)

Old
10-03-2012, 05:04 PM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

where were we on rumors and thoughts here. this has always been a good read.

FYI: i put on twitter, no merit to Lafontaine group. Whether you like me or not, Randi Marshall of Newsday followed with same thing. Not sure where it came from but doesn't seem on up and up.

Best,
BD

Old
10-11-2012, 04:03 AM
Steve55

This pic may be an indication the Isles are heading to Brooklyn or may just be Nino wanting to wear a Nets sweatshirt.

Old
10-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:

This pic may be an indication the Isles are heading to Brooklyn or may just be Nino wanting to wear a Nets sweatshirt.
Nino must be a Nets fan. Go Nets!!!!

Old
10-11-2012, 08:11 AM
doublechili

Quote:

My guess is Nino didn't care a hoot about the Nets last year. He wants to wear a Brooklyn sweatshirt.

Old
10-11-2012, 09:30 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post
My guess is Nino didn't care a hoot about the Nets last year. He wants to wear a Brooklyn sweatshirt.
Or Nino wants to double his point totals by joining the Nets? (I know, low blow)

Old
10-11-2012, 10:57 AM
OpAck

I know Nino's a basketball fan. He and Streit made it to a few Knicks games last year, if I recall correctly.

Old
10-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Bert Marshall days

RUSH tonight, can't wait to check out the arena as well as the concert.

Going to a KHL game in Brooklyn in January.

Old
10-22-2012, 01:36 PM
19 in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
RUSH tonight, can't wait to check out the arena as well as the concert.

Going to a KHL game in Brooklyn in January.
One thing we can agree on... jealous that I couldnt make the dates, enjoy the concert. Hopefully in a few months you will be able to say Rush, members of the R&R HOF. IMHO a joke they are not in, how many other bands that started in the era can still fill arenas?

Old
10-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
One thing we can agree on... jealous that I couldnt make the dates, enjoy the concert. Hopefully in a few months you will be able to say Rush, members of the R&R HOF. IMHO a joke they are not in, how many other bands that started in the era can still fill arenas?
Yup. Deep Purple, Heart and Joan Jett also nominated for HOF so we'll see. It's just a popularity contest. Have seen RUSH and Joan 30 times each, have seen Purple and Heart like 10 times. All of them are still performing and favs of mine. But RUSH still has the best show.

Hey 19, you might be interested to know even though Barclay's is 7 minutes from my office I'm taking Metro-north/subway as I work from home on monday's. See, when people really want to attend an event, the train/car or long commute doesn't matter much. RUSH is worth it.

Last edited by Bert Marshall days: 10-22-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old
10-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Steve55

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/10/23/...-possible-sale

At a meeting of investors and analysts at Barclays Center Monday, Forest City Enterprises executives said they are "evaluating the economics" of its minority stake in the Nets, indicating Bruce Ratner's parent company may sell.

"We're currently evaluating the economics of the team in Brooklyn," Forest City executive Jim Lester said, according to Atlantic Yards Report, which reported on a webcast of the meeting. "As [arena/team CEO] Brett [Yormark] said, the sales going well. Player salaries are expensive, and the new CBA penalizes franchises for having hefty player salaries, so we're working through that now."..

The Cleveland-based company, run by Ratner's extended family, owns 12.37 percent of the team while other associated investors own a combined 7.63 percent for a total of 20 percent. Mikhail Prokhorov's ONEXIM Sports and Entertainment Holdings USA owns 80 percent of the team. FCE owns 34.01 percent of the arena, associated investors another 20.99 percent and ONEXIM 45 percent. FCE ate tens of millions of dollars in Nets operating losses over the last decade....

Old
10-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Isles Junkie

redundant thread is redundant.

Closed Thread