HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alex Burmistrov

Old
07-14-2012, 08:28 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzard of Oz View Post
Pretty much what I expected.

In his two years in the league, Burmistorv hasn't done very much. He was clearly rushed, showed some potential, and as a ceiling I could see him being a #2 center.

Take Kadri, hasn't done very much in the NHL, showed some potential at the higher level, was a strong performer in the A, and again, as a ceiling I could see him being a #2 center.

Rush Kadri into the Leafs lineup full time, he would have easily put up equal numbers to Burmistrov.

Every post in this thread cries about Burmistrov's potential as being his selling point on the trade block. Can you honestly say any different about Kadri?
Kadri has had all the opportunity to make a leafs team that was crappier then the jets and hasnt....

So not a chance that i want him

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 08:48 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Kadri has had all the opportunity to make a leafs team that was crappier then the jets and hasnt....

So not a chance that i want him
Kadri's been good enough to stick. Management has kept him in the A to work on little things like his defensive play and core strength. Burke's very patient with his prospect's development, and that in no way should reflect poorly on the prospect. Bobby Ryan comes to mind.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Beesfan

He'd be a great fit in Toronto with Kessel because he can cover defensively and keep pace skill-wise.

Hard to figure the price though. Maybe Kadri + Percy + 2nd?

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Beesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Kadri's been good enough to stick. Management has kept him in the A to work on little things like his defensive play and core strength. Burke's very patient with his prospect's development, and that in no way should reflect poorly on the prospect. Bobby Ryan comes to mind.
Agreed. I still think Kadri will be a borderline star player. He's developed just as well as Turris to this point. Has a ton of skill!

Old
07-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
He'd be a great fit in Toronto with Kessel because he can cover defensively and keep pace skill-wise.

Hard to figure the price though. Maybe Kadri + Percy + 2nd?
I'd leave Burmistrov out of the deal and put in Little.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:30 AM
km204

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd really love to have him in Phoenix. Something around Rundblad++ ?
What about something around Gormley?

km204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Seanahue

Quote:

In his two years in the league, Burmistorv hasn't done very much. He was clearly rushed, showed some potential, and as a ceiling I could see him being a #2 center.

Take Kadri, hasn't done very much in the NHL, showed some potential at the higher level, was a strong performer in the A, and again, as a ceiling I could see him being a #2 center.

Rush Kadri into the Leafs lineup full time, he would have easily put up equal numbers to Burmistrov.

Every post in this thread cries about Burmistrov's potential as being his selling point on the trade block. Can you honestly say any different about Kadri?
Yes I can say different. I have seen both play and Burmi is by far the better player. Burmi unfortunately was rushed much like a few other former Atlanta Thrashers. He did not have a very good season last year but he's only 20. He's amazing to watch with the puck. He can dangle around guys that are much larger than he is and make it look like nothing. The knock I have against him is that he will dangle for a good 10 seconds....and then just lose the puck. He has a pretty solid shot that I think he really needs to use more and I would like to see him work on his passing a bit but other than that, it's just experience that he needs.

It's already been said but the kid is amazing on D. I've seen such flashes of brilliance from him but he needs to work on his finish.

I have yet to see anything like that from Kadri.

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Auzzie19

Burmistrov reminds me more of Grabovski than a Datsyuk. No idea where the Datsyuk comparison came from. When Datsyuk came into the league his skill level was unparalleled to any one in the game, the same cannot be said about Burmistrov.

Auzzie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:08 AM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
JVR and Morgan Rielly, in other words.
More like Kadri + MacArthur/Kulemin

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Beesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'd leave Burmistrov out of the deal and put in Little.
Then Toronto would leave Kadri out of the deal.

Old
07-14-2012, 11:13 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
Burmistrov reminds me more of Grabovski than a Datsyuk. No idea where the Datsyuk comparison came from. When Datsyuk came into the league his skill level was unparalleled to any one in the game, the same cannot be said about Burmistrov.
It probably stems from the fact that while he has super soft hands, he's also an excellent two-way player. IMO, he was the best defensive player on the Jets last season and he'll be nominated for the Selke in a few years.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

This is getting good.

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Huffer

Quote:

I guess Brayden Schenn must be worth less than that because he's the same age as Burmistrov and has done even less.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:20 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
Then Toronto would leave Kadri out of the deal.
Good we don't want him anyways

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:35 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Jets fans will probably cry a river but from a neutral perspective

Burmistrov = Kadri + mid/late round pick
Kadri has no trade value, the prospect would have to be better than him. I would like to see Burmistrov in EDM to add some size as he is 6 "1", he is only about 180 but I am sure he will pack on some more size. Would be nice to see him as our number 2 centreman behind RNH. Gagner and PRV for Burmistrov

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Kadri has no trade value, the prospect would have to be better than him. I would like to see Burmistrov in EDM to add some size as he is 6 "1", he is only about 180 but I am sure he will pack on some more size. Would be nice to see him as our number 2 centreman behind RNH. Gagner and PRV for Burmistrov
Little and a 2nd for Yakupov?

Old
07-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Rhaego

Stastny+Barrie+2nd
for
Burmistrov+Enstrom

Barrie could be swapped with Elliott.

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Bure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Little and a 2nd for Yakupov?
Be more like Burmi+1st

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Be more like Burmi+1st
Wasn't ment to be serious :p

Old
07-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Le Golie

Quote:

You haven't watched much of Burmistrov, you're just basing this off points. That's pretty obvious.

Burmistrov is incredibly good defensively and on the penalty kill. He doesn't spend his minutes skating around the ice hoping to get a point. He is a solid contributor every single shift, points or no points.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 06:26 PM
The Instigator

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
There may not be a better example of rushing a player before he was ready than Burmi. Hopefully it won't impact his long term development, but he should have been dazzling the brass in the prospect camp rather than going into year 3 of his ELC.
Gilbert Brule.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Bure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Wasn't ment to be serious :p
Oh ok haha.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Dr Robot

vCash: 641
Any chance little becomes available? I like his game and think he would be good for the blues but I don't know if he is expendable for peg. Since this is a thread about Winnipeg trading a center I figured id ask.

Dr Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 09:26 PM
shatner_rules
You're in Trouba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Robot View Post
Any chance little becomes available? I like his game and think he would be good for the blues but I don't know if he is expendable for peg. Since this is a thread about Winnipeg trading a center I figured id ask.
Sorry Doc, but the only way I see him being moved would be if Scheifele came in and won a centre position at training camp. I just don't see that happening.

Even then I would consider moving Little to right wing which he's played before.

shatner_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 11:01 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by km204 View Post
What about something around Gormley?
I love Gormley and this makes some sense.

Burmi was rushed but does have a really unique skill set. He can be the most breath taking player on the ice when he is on his game but as others have said from the Peg he is inconsistent in his results. The silver lining is that he is not inconsistent in his effort level and that is huge. He is a slick, skilled, very raw offensive talent but he is already a defensive stud. he is still filling out but plays with an edge and will use his body.

My hopes are we play him at centre with Antro and Poni on his wings on the 3rd line this season and he puts up north of 40 points and takes a big step forward in his development.

Phoenix is overflowing with D prospects and Gormely if he was offered would be interesting to say the least.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote