HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nick Leddy

Old
07-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
Take J. Stoll for Leddy. I mean Stoll is a 3rd line center but hey thats only one line from a 2nd line center, right?

Atleast let the guy hit around 40 for a few years before inflating him value like he is an automatic 40 pt guy.
The point is that Leddy put up those numbers in only his second season, and was only 21. That is very impressive and the raw potential he has in addition to already being a solid player as things stand, well... Leddy's trade value is pretty high.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 08:08 PM
H a w k s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
The point is that Leddy put up those numbers in only his second season, and was only 21. That is very impressive and the raw potential he has in addition to already being a solid player as things stand, well... Leddy's trade value is pretty high.
Actually most of it at age 20.

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 08:11 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
it's completely understandable that they'd want to keep him around though or demand an over-payment to move him. He's young, and still has potential. We (wild fans) demand overpayments every time one of our favorite prospects are brought up so i know how that goes. Coyle for instance hasn't proven anything in the NHL yet, but it would take a lot to pry him out of our grubby little hands.
Right, except that Coyle hasn't proven anything at the NHL level and is just a prospect.

Leddy put up 37 points this year and has shown tons of offensive potential at the NHL level. His value is much better than a guy like Coyle who hasn't done anything at the pro level.

Did you really suggest J. Stoll for Leddy? Leddy had 16 more points than Stoll did. lmao. I think you're just really upset that your team traded him for nothing. You come across as really angry and I was wondering why every post was filled with so much emotion and anger about Nick Leddy. Why would someone care so much? I see now you are a Wild fan though so it makes sense.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
Did you really suggest J. Stoll for Leddy? Leddy had 16 more points than Stoll did. lmao. I think you're just really upset that your team traded him for nothing. You come across as really angry and I was wondering why every post was filled with so much emotion and anger about Nick Leddy. Why would someone care so much? I see now you are a Wild fan though so it makes sense.
It was a different poster who suggested Stoll for Leddy. But on that note the guy you quoted did say he wouldn't trade Brodziak for Leddy straight up - i.e. Brodziak apparently has more trade value than that.

Old
07-14-2012, 08:22 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
i didn't say trade value. i said i wouldn't trade him. I happen to think Leddy is, and always has been over-rated. From where he was drafted, to his year at the U, and honestly he didn't look all that great in any of the Hawks games i watched. LOL better than ur d lulz! yeah, but look at our D. Some guys add more to your team than their stat lines. Brodziak is one of those guys for the Wild.

So, would you say Leddy played sheltered minutes with the Hawks? I swear some nutty stats guy said his qual comp was extremely low. I'm not a stats guy but he made it sound pretty negative.

edit: and thanks for repeating what I already said--Coyle has proven nothing. Neither has Nail, but i really doubt anyone would trade Nail for Leddy.

rynryn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
So, would you say Leddy played sheltered minutes with the Hawks? I swear some nutty stats guy said his qual comp was extremely low. I'm not a stats guy but he made it sound pretty negative.
No, Leddy wasn't sheltered. Player usage charts put him slightly in the "Two-way" category. His Corsi numbers are pretty good.
http://www.hockeyanalytics.com/Resea...harts_2012.pdf

Old
07-14-2012, 08:28 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Wow, he is amazing! I guess i would definitely trade Coyle for him. Hell, Granlund and Coyle. I know neither has proven anything yet, but Granlund should be a second line center and Coyle is big...whaddaya say? fair deal? I'm convinced.

edit: brodziak's magic bubble is way up in the corner...does that mean he's better than Leddy?

Old
07-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Wow, he is amazing! I guess i would definitely trade Coyle for him. Hell, Granlund and Coyle. I know neither has proven anything yet, but Granlund should be a second line center and Coyle is big...whaddaya say? fair deal? I'm convinced.

edit: brodziak's magic bubble is way up in the corner...does that mean he's better than Leddy?
Sarcasm doesn't help prove a point, it just makes you come off negatively. Enough.

Brodziak's bubble better be up there - he was Minny's shutdown center. Someone's got to do the job, and it happened to be him.
You asked whether Leddy was sheltered or not, and I said no and gave you statistical evidence to back it up. Your post doesn't really say anything significant, to be honest.

Old
07-14-2012, 09:27 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

I'm not even sure what point i'm attempting to prove. I don't know if there was a turning point somewhere or what, but it was chicago fans who said he was playing over his head. Honestly, i don't even remember in what context it came up but I think it was mentioned as a reason for some of you guys wanting this defenseman or that in trade proposals--so Leddy wouldn't have to play as many minutes. I know i saw stuff like that several times and it stuck out because his stats are pretty good. Better than McDonaghs IIRC, at a younger age.

by the way that link you sent me wrote in Brodziak as a legitimate top line player. so...yeah. wouldn't trade a second pairing defenseman for a top line player?

Old
07-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Dampland
Heavily Moderated

I would be very interested to see what kind of numbers Leddy could put up on a team where he doesn't have Seabrook & Keith to play with. He is a decent payer, but some of the posters here are portraying him as a lot more valuable that he really is.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 11:10 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
I would be very interested to see what kind of numbers Leddy could put up on a team where he doesn't have Seabrook & Keith to play with. He is a decent payer, but some of the posters here are portraying him as a lot more valuable that he really is.
You're curious to see how Leddy would play if he was playing top pairing minutes at 21? Going out on a limb here, but I'd say he'd probably not be a very good #1 Dman just yet.

Hawks fans believe Leddy has some of the highest potential out of any of our prospects. He looked amazing in the first 30 games of the year but then things just fell apart for the kid. Could be too many minutes, bad d partner, too much pressure, who knows?

Either way, we believe he has the Campbell-esque potential minus the bloated contract. Because of this we don't want to trade him for some temporary solution. This "rumor" makes no sense.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote