HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver-Philadelphia

Old
07-15-2012, 12:41 AM
palindrom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
To

Edler(assuming he is willing to resign with them)

To

Brayden Schenn
Luke Schenn
I have an idea.

Lets redo this proposal while assuming Edler come back with Vancouver summer 2013 as UFA after 1 years rental with the Flyers.

So what players from the Flyers would you like for Edler? Does it change something?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 12:46 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
I have an idea.

Lets redo this proposal while assuming Edler come back with Vancouver summer 2013 as UFA after 1 years rental with the Flyers.

So what players from the Flyers would you like for Edler? Does it change something?
You brought this up already. I explained my reasoning. Let it go.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 12:52 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
You brought this up already. I explained my reasoning. Let it go.
Most of the value of a player near UFA status reside in the odds a team have to resign him. My goal was to compare the offer if we change these odds to 0% and try to figure out the value of these odds.

Edler value could be 30% in his current contract until he become UFA and 70% about the odds he give up his UFA eligibility and resign with a team. Its fun and all to assume the 70% is garantee and we get full return value for a player in proposal, but its pure speculation.

I thought it would be an interesting experiment as many confusion come from the variance in the value people attribute to ''the odds a player resign with them''

But that's fine we can let it go, maybe i could make a new thread about this concept instead.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 12:08 PM
professorchaos

There are a lot of players on the Flyers that I would like to see in a Nucks jersey, but our assets and theirs are not well matched. Both teams are perennial playoff performers and won't mess around with their solid rosters to bring aboard a player who really is not an absolute necessity.

I would kill to have Hartnell on our team (one of my favorite players in the NHL), it just would take too much to acquire him. It's the same song and dance for Weber. While many, many absolutely delusional Nuck fans think that Weber can be had, they don't consider how the cost will affect the team.

Love the players being discussed, just don't like the scenarios.

Edit: I should add that as far as the original proposal is concerned, Philly won't be shipping the Schenns without at least a trial run IMO. Too many "what ifs" to be considered. My post is more or less aimed at the amendments to the OP's proposal.

Last edited by professorchaos: 07-15-2012 at 12:13 PM.
professorchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 12:41 PM
feedingschennzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorchaos View Post
There are a lot of players on the Flyers that I would like to see in a Nucks jersey, but our assets and theirs are not well matched. Both teams are perennial playoff performers and won't mess around with their solid rosters to bring aboard a player who really is not an absolute necessity.

I would kill to have Hartnell on our team (one of my favorite players in the NHL), it just would take too much to acquire him. It's the same song and dance for Weber. While many, many absolutely delusional Nuck fans think that Weber can be had, they don't consider how the cost will affect the team.

Love the players being discussed, just don't like the scenarios.

Edit: I should add that as far as the original proposal is concerned, Philly won't be shipping the Schenns without at least a trial run IMO. Too many "what ifs" to be considered. My post is more or less aimed at the amendments to the OP's proposal.
I'd give you hartnell and mez for edler

feedingschennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 12:54 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
I understand. You feel the gamble is worth the risk.

What happens if you trade for Couturier, but his heart was set on Vancouver?(I'm just assuming, I don't think his only team would be Van.)

Edit: Yes I'm aware you can say that with Edler too.

I'm not sure what you're asking - could you clarify?

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 12:56 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
I'm not sure what you're asking - could you clarify?
Trade for Weber** my mistake.

KISSland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Bort Sampson

Why are the Flyers dealing two players they targeted in trades, who are both barely over 20 with NHL experience, who are brothers, for a player going to UFA in a year?

It doesn't make sense. If Edler hits UFA, as well as Weber, the Flyers have a shot at adding one (or both) without losing any young roster players (Timonen presumably retires or re-signs for a lower cap hit).

It doesn't really matter who the better player is in this deal (Edler AINEC at this point in time), this is a huge risk for the Flyers.

Respectfully decline, we'll definitely be taking a shot at him next summer, but hopefully won't have to deal with the Canucks to do it.

Realistically, the addition of Edler to the current roster (no losses) would put the Flyers in a great spot. Losing both Schenns at the addition of Edler would make the Flyers solid defensively, but poor at Center, which is generally one of the strong points for most contending teams.

Also no to Couturier. The Flyers know they got a gem with that pick.

Bort Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 11:50 PM
professorchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
I'd give you hartnell and mez for edler
Where do I sign?

professorchaos is offline   Reply With Quote