HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Underrated/Overated and best fighter in the NHL

Old
07-25-2012, 03:08 AM
billybudd
5 cups pls

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noogies87 View Post
Overrated: Big Mac
He knocked out Ivanans who kept his chin wide open for a shot, got fed like 5 shots to the jaw before he went down. Knocked down a 37 year old Brashear 10 years past his prime. Thats his major NHL highlights in a nutshell. Got tooled by Godard. I still like him though, not #1 in my book though.
Those are his NHL highlights because he's
a) not good enough to play more than 30 seconds every 5 games. Seriously, this guy's the worst hockey player to strap on a pair of skates since Enrico ciccone.
b) nobody will fight him. Seriously: Nobody. Will. Fight. Him. Jody Shelley ran from him for an entire game late last season.

The numbers he's done on AHL goons (who aren't necessarily worse fighters) are absolutely brutal.

And my personal favorite, knocking out that nutbag on the Russian goon team.

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 02:18 PM
ninetynine*

Shelley didn't run from Mac...

He's not afraid of anyone, he's fought everyone. He was even going to go with Mac that game before Harry Z dropped them with Vitalie and got rocked.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 02:20 PM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
If you watch the fight in slow-motion you could see that Milan Lucic didn't land the majority of his punches he threw, but it was indeed a clear win for him but it wasn't a decisive victory. People should give some credit to Patrick Kaleta fighting a decent heavyweight.
Well no he didn't land the majority of his punches.. if he did kaleta would've been missing like 5 teeth. I would've gave kaleta respect if the didn't try to amp up the crowd after getting beaten badly in that fight.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 06:19 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Well no he didn't land the majority of his punches.. if he did kaleta would've been missing like 5 teeth. I would've gave kaleta respect if the didn't try to amp up the crowd after getting beaten badly in that fight.
I've seen Milan Lucic multiple times waving his arms up trying to get the crowd excited after his fights.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 07:31 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
I've seen Milan Lucic multiple times waving his arms up trying to get the crowd excited after his fights.
Ya and he's either won those fights or at least made a better showing than what kaleta did.

Old
07-26-2012, 10:16 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Ya and he's either won those fights or at least made a better showing than what kaleta did.
For Lucic to take on Kaleta and not destroy an agitator who fights about 5 times a year is pretty good. Lucic shouldve pounded him harder than that.

I cant believe you honestly bring up celebrations when youre defending Lucic. Kaleta stepping up to fight Lucic is the weight class equivalent of Lucic stepping up to fight Laraque which didnt happen

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:39 AM
LaPlante94

Since I haven't seen his name I got to say one of the underrated fighters in the league is Colton Orr. I know I'm a Leafs fans but he is a really good fighter. I'm not gonna say he's the best because 1 thing I've noticed is when he fights he's always going for that knockout punch and leaves himself open to get knocked out himself. Very good early on fighter but as fights go on he's worn out for trying to throw so many haymakers early on. Deryk Engelland to me is one of the best fighters in the league now and he's not that bad of a hockey players also. By my all time fav would have to be Domi. Seeing a guy that size take on the best and win is just simply amazing.

LaPlante94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 01:29 PM
billybudd
5 cups pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
Shelley didn't run from Mac...

He's not afraid of anyone, he's fought everyone. He was even going to go with Mac that game before Harry Z dropped them with Vitalie and got rocked.
I was at that game. Shelley ran from MacIntyre all game. Kept trying to go with Engelland (a 15 minute player really shouldn't be fighting a 2 minute player), Mac would come over, Shelley would skate back to the bench. MacIntyre was, quite literally, chasing him all over the ice during their respective limited minutes, slashing him on every faceoff (etc).

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 02:07 PM
bills44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinBruins View Post
Overrated-Scott

]
So Lucic should willingly drop the gloves with Scott, then?

bills44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 02:28 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Major facepalm @ MacIntyre being overrated. Ever see him actually get mad?? He's the best. At least if I had to pick the guy I'd want to **** off least, he'd be it.

Really, don't give anyone an overrated/underrated look. Anyone of them have the balls to at least get killed by a bigger or better monster (at that particular moment, decisions often go both ways).

However, some of our fellow posters probably give Colton Orr the overrated title (not that I actually think he is ).

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 02:42 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

MacIntyre overrated...

Is that a video of him kicking the everloving ******* **** outta two pro hockey players at once??? I think it is!

Old
07-29-2012, 02:44 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Koci might be most underrated, that guy has taken the best from the best...while he won't be winning any, he hasn't exactly lost from what I've seen...

Old
07-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
These guys suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post
That's a ******** edit, obviously from the Montreal media. Kaleta did get dropped at the end, but he dominated the beginning of that fight.
oh yeah?

I'd love to see it, that's the only version of that fight I've ever been able to find.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 03:53 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
For Lucic to take on Kaleta and not destroy an agitator who fights about 5 times a year is pretty good. Lucic shouldve pounded him harder than that.

I cant believe you honestly bring up celebrations when youre defending Lucic. Kaleta stepping up to fight Lucic is the weight class equivalent of Lucic stepping up to fight Laraque which didnt happen
what more do you want him to do? kaleta fell down from getting over powered, so do you want him to pull him back up and keep on throwing or what? when a guy falls thats the end of the fight, not much else can be done. and yea i've seen Lucic pump up the crowd after winning a fight, not after losing one.

i know you are a Lucic hater, for some reason you love to bash him any chance you get. just out of curiosity, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bills44 View Post
So Lucic should willingly drop the gloves with Scott, then?
i find it funny that the sabres had to go out and pick up scott, maybe the worst hockey player in the league because the Bruins push around the sabres so much. i am sure that absolutely useless goon will chase around Chara (top 3 defensemen in the league) and Lucic (probably the best blend of offensive skill and toughness in the league) during their games this upcoming season, and he might actually get one of them to go. however, the guy he should be fighting is Thornton, even though Thornton is also 10 times the hockey player scott is.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 05:10 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Koci might be most underrated, that guy has taken the best from the best...while he won't be winning any, he hasn't exactly lost from what I've seen...

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 08:25 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
I was at that game. Shelley ran from MacIntyre all game. Kept trying to go with Engelland (a 15 minute player really shouldn't be fighting a 2 minute player), Mac would come over, Shelley would skate back to the bench. MacIntyre was, quite literally, chasing him all over the ice during their respective limited minutes, slashing him on every faceoff (etc).
Shelley has fought Boogaard multiple times, Laraque, McGrattan, etc. You're talking through piss/pens-coloured glasses. In fact, it looked like Shelley and Mac were going to go before Harry Z turned into an idiot. I remember from another forum we both frequent, in the thread of that game, you're the only person who actually thought that Shelley ran from Mac. You're talking about, aside from Koci and Boll, probably the most willing fighter of the past 5 years who's not necessarily that good at it, but makes up for it with heart.

Obviously, he's fought better than Mac.

Last edited by ninetynine*; 07-29-2012 at 08:31 PM..
Old
07-29-2012, 08:27 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
KOCI!!! Miss him in the NHL.

Old
07-29-2012, 08:36 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
what more do you want him to do? kaleta fell down from getting over powered, so do you want him to pull him back up and keep on throwing or what? when a guy falls thats the end of the fight, not much else can be done. and yea i've seen Lucic pump up the crowd after winning a fight, not after losing one.

i know you are a Lucic hater, for some reason you love to bash him any chance you get. just out of curiosity, why?
I'm not a Lucic hater or a Kaleta lover, I just think some B's fans are talking up his fight with Kaleta a little too much when he didnt seem to absolutely kill him like he probably should have. I dont know why you think I'm a Lucic hater, I do think he can be pretty cheap at times but I realize his worth as a player. Just because I dont think he absolutely destroyed Kaleta doesnt mean I hate the guy.

I'm not a fan of a big tough guy though suckering guys like he did that one time against Tampa, or Meyer in Atlanta

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 09:18 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
He didn't drop dude! Like I said he takes the best from the best

I love guys like that...and also those like Westgarth.

Old
07-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Banana Sandwiches

Underrated: Chris Neil (he can go against the bigger guys and do well)
Overrated: John Scott (hasn't fought any of the best guys yet)
Best: Brian McGrattan (he's a beast and probably the only person in the league who can beat MacIntyre)

Banana Sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 12:19 PM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
I'm not a Lucic hater or a Kaleta lover, I just think some B's fans are talking up his fight with Kaleta a little too much when he didnt seem to absolutely kill him like he probably should have. I dont know why you think I'm a Lucic hater, I do think he can be pretty cheap at times but I realize his worth as a player. Just because I dont think he absolutely destroyed Kaleta doesnt mean I hate the guy.

I'm not a fan of a big tough guy though suckering guys like he did that one time against Tampa, or Meyer in Atlanta
At times he goes over the line i'll admit that.. but he would've won both of those fights anyways.. its not like he suckered john scott or someone whos a known a fighter and skated away like a princess.

Quote:

Whats destroying? i mean no he didn't seperate kaleta from his sense but he owned him in that fight. He pretty much rag dolled him. And yet another person still brings up the laraque incident. Jesus people he was told not to fight by his coach.. he didn't fight. And i'm sure if looch got beaten by laraque the same way kaleta did he wouldn't try pumping up the crowd. You lost the fight.. shut up and skate to the box. Besides the komisarek fight i'm honestly trying to remember the last time looch tried pumping up the crowd.. nevermind pumping up the crowd after he lost a fight.

Old
07-31-2012, 01:12 PM
211*

lucic is clearly one of the best fighters the NHL has ever seen. along with too too

211* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Cams

vCash: 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 211 View Post
lucic is clearly one of the best fighters the NHL has ever seen. along with too too
I hope you are just displaying some sarcasm with this post. If not....WOW!!!!!

Cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:42 PM
Cams

vCash: 1183
Hard to pick the best nowadays - I mean, guys like MacIntyre, McGrattan, Scott are useless as hockey players go. Are they good fighters, I guess so - look at their size alone - huge advantage. At least a guy like Lucic (even Neil to a lesser extent) can play, but even he can't come close to guys like Wendel Clark, Kocur, Probert, Domi, for example. IMO - maybe a healthy Orr, or Parros

Underrated - I like the Beauchemin pick, but also you'd have to include Rosehill - battled guys like McGrattan, Lucic, Shelley and at least had a draw with them.

Over rated - Again, hard to pick in today's game - I'd say for sure at the top of the over rated list is Carkner, Prust, Scott

Cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 01:51 AM
a mangy Meowth
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Steve Downie. Though I guess he's not really that underrated. What other 5'11" guy do you know who would take on Chara in a fight? He can play hockey too!

a mangy Meowth is offline   Reply With Quote