HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Summer 2012 Free Agency: Holy God, match that offersheet please, Nashville

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

vCash: 500

Last edited by Harv: 07-14-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old
07-14-2012, 04:55 PM
SEALBound

This thread is boring...so I'll spice it up...

Word is the Penguins offer to Doan is 2yr / $10mil. His agent said he would be happy with the salary but wants a longer term of 3-4 years. Penguins are hesitant to give those extra years. Says Penguins are still near the top of the list.

The $7.5mil offer is reportedly coming from Carolina which makes a bit of sense.

Alex Semin's agent said there is no time table yet created for his decision. He is entertaining offers from both NHL and KHL. Several NHL teams have made him short term deals but he is still holding out for a longer term. No word on money.

Penguin's talk with Howson about Nash took place but did not go much further. Claims are Howson was looking at Neal plus several of the Penguin's high profile D-prospects + a roster player. As we can all imagine, the talks stopped there with Shero.

Several teams are interested in Martin. Trades offers have come from Nashville and Detroit has also inquired about his services.

Malkin is said to be enjoying his summer but it is clear he is not working as hard as he was last summer.

With our onslaught of new 4th line signings, there are claims that Shero may try to trade Vitale.

A couple of teams have also inquired about Strait and Bortuzzo as it is no secret that all cant be on the roster come opening night.

There...I feel much better.

Old
07-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Malkin is said to be enjoying his summer but it is clear he is not working as hard as he was last summer.
controversial speculation or most controversial speculation of all time?

Old
07-14-2012, 05:19 PM
zhenya71

Quote:

Word is the Penguins offer to Doan is 2yr / $10mil. His agent said he would be happy with the salary but wants a longer term of 3-4 years. Penguins are hesitant to give those extra years. Says Penguins are still near the top of the list.

The $7.5mil offer is reportedly coming from Carolina which makes a bit of sense.

Alex Semin's agent said there is no time table yet created for his decision. He is entertaining offers from both NHL and KHL. Several NHL teams have made him short term deals but he is still holding out for a longer term. No word on money.

Penguin's talk with Howson about Nash took place but did not go much further. Claims are Howson was looking at Neal plus several of the Penguin's high profile D-prospects + a roster player. As we can all imagine, the talks stopped there with Shero.

Several teams are interested in Martin. Trades offers have come from Nashville and Detroit has also inquired about his services.

With our onslaught of new 4th line signings, there are claims that Shero may try to trade Vitale.

A couple of teams have also inquired about Strait and Bortuzzo as it is no secret that all cant be on the roster come opening night.

Neal+ for Nash? Given their respective ages and contracts, CBJ would be the team adding to that one.

Nash has never had a PPG season, and while Malkin is admittedly a much better center than anybody Nash has ever played with, Neal has already managed that in his short career.

Old
07-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Gooch

Quote:

lol, i woudnt trade Neal straight up for Nash and his bloated contract.

Old
07-14-2012, 05:48 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Howson's lost his mind.

Old
07-14-2012, 05:52 PM
KeepitinPitt

Send a message via ICQ to KeepitinPitt Send a message via AIM to KeepitinPitt
Quote:

Thanks for the update, Seal. With the lack of news coming in, I wasn't getting my rumor fix. This should hold me over for a while.

And Neal + another roster player + mutliple D prospects for Nash? I'd love to be chilling with Howson right now. Sounds like he smokes the good stuff.

Old
07-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-...blockID=740220

Looks like Semin wants a 2 yr 10m deal.

Old
07-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post

I'd do it.

Old
07-14-2012, 06:09 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:

i would do that. heck, i'd offer 2 years for $6M per/$12M total.

Old
07-14-2012, 06:12 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

I find it hard to believe no one has offered him that type of deal yet. His rep must be pretty awful if so.

Old
07-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:

I find it hard to believe that the Pens did not meet that. I bet that sports writer pulled a Rossi and pulled those numbers right out of his ass.

Old
07-14-2012, 06:29 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:

Pull the trigger Shero. Do it now!

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
07-14-2012, 06:45 PM
SEALBound

Source: EklandBound...just FYI...

Old
07-14-2012, 06:46 PM
SEALBound

How can Shero not want to do it for $10/2y? He'd still have $6mil in space for other moves!

Old
07-14-2012, 06:55 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
I find it hard to believe no one has offered him that type of deal yet. His rep must be pretty awful if so.
From what Chesnokov had on Puck Daddy the other day with no time table, it seems like Gandler (his agent) wouldn't mind if he didn't sign til post CBA talks.

Old
07-14-2012, 06:57 PM
mpp9

I think everyone's just waiting for Doan. After he signs, Semin will shortly thereafter.

Old
07-14-2012, 06:59 PM
SEALBound

See to me, that's a mistake. The current split is 57% for the players...and the most recent proposal has it going down to 46% which means the cap will go down which means smaller salaries. Also they want limits on the years, higher ELC's, longer RFA periods.

If I can get Schenn, Couturier, etc (don't know why those names dropped in but...) for longer, I wouldn't be looking for guys like Semin.

I'd rather have the deal in place...but thats just me.

Old
07-14-2012, 07:04 PM
EdwardBlake
This is all a joke.

Quote:
See to me, that's a mistake. The current split is 57% for the players...and the most recent proposal has it going down to 46% which means the cap will go down which means smaller salaries. Also they want limits on the years, higher ELC's, longer RFA periods.

If I can get Schenn, Couturier, etc (don't know why those names dropped in but...) for longer, I wouldn't be looking for guys like Semin.

I'd rather have the deal in place...but thats just me.
Itll most likely end with a 50/50 split. And they are trying to modify contracts in all area's, they will probably get 2 maybe 3 of the modifications they want.

Old
07-14-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post

I saw the Sutter one but not the Vokoun one.

Old
07-14-2012, 07:26 PM
TheRollingPuck
Free fallin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Howson's lost his mind.
He must think he's trading Gretzky to the Kings.

Old
07-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Genetic

Doan is in "i need a cup" mode so i think he would rather take the 2 yr / 10mil in pittsburgh instead of the 7.5 mil from carolina. just saying...

although, parise did say he wanted to win and went to the wild so who the **** knows....

Old
07-14-2012, 07:30 PM
mpp9

"If we do complete a trade, we're trading out a 30- to 40-goal scorer," Howson told TSN's Gino Reda. "Defense is probably the strongest part of our team as we look at it today, so we're looking to get some NHL forwards back first and foremost."

Now can we all move on from the Nash sweepstakes? Ain't gonna happen.

Old
07-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Von Malkin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
"If we do complete a trade, we're trading out a 30- to 40-goal scorer," Howson told TSN's Gino Reda. "Defense is probably the strongest part of our team as we look at it today, so we're looking to get some NHL forwards back first and foremost."

Now can we all move on from the Nash sweepstakes? Ain't gonna happen.
But we have all of those defensive prospects that are priceless!!! Surely we can use one of two of them to acquire someone!

Relax I am kidding

Last edited by Von Malkin*: 07-14-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old
07-14-2012, 08:17 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Malkin View Post
But we have all of those defensive prospects that are priceless!!! Surely we can use one of two of them to acquire someone!

Closed Thread