HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Washington - Anaheim

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-15-2012, 01:37 PM
  #51
Spice Trader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
I agree that he's no Perry or Ovechkin. However, he's a consistent player and very close to some of those guys and I know I might get flamed but Ryan > Sedin. He's younger and I believe that he can be mentioned in the same breath as Sedin. Anyway, it doesn't matter what you think about Ryan being good or bad compared to those guys but the value for Ryan is completely off.
Easy there stud.. Hardly anyone in the NHL has matched the Sedins Production the last 3 years. They are the top tier of nhl talent. Ryan is far below them.

Only slightly below the crosby malkin stamkos group. (only because of there physical gifts not hockey skill)

Spice Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 02:00 PM
  #52
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Trader View Post
Easy there stud.. Hardly anyone in the NHL has matched the Sedins Production the last 3 years. They are the top tier of nhl talent. Ryan is far below them.

Only slightly below the crosby malkin stamkos group. (only because of there physical gifts not hockey skill)
While I agree that statement is ridiculously over the top, Daniel and Bobby actually both have 100 goals over the last 3 seasons. <insert Ryan gets no significant power play time argument here>.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 02:34 PM
  #53
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,727
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
Well he's no Cam Fowler,the guy who has a career high of 30 assists. Green has a career high of 31 goals. If I were a ducks fan id be pretty interested in anyone who scores considering the recent cup champs stingy defense.
The issue with Green has nothing to do with his offensive capabilities. It has to do with his health.

And Cam Fowler has nothing to do with this. He's heading into his third year at 20 years old, with lots of development and growth in his future. Taking shots at Anaheim players who play no part in this discussion should be beneath you.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 02:53 PM
  #54
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,727
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
Well since Green is the first player to never recover from an injury in the history of sports...maybe we should trade for that damaged goods Crosby then.

Calling me dumb for pointing out a clear stat. Ok. Green is an awesome hockey player and the prices for high end pmd are astronomical. Good luck ducks,because I see the same lottery team only with a year older Selanne and Koivu. I hope Etem lights it up like he did in the Whl.

Is it dumb of me to assume the ducks will be as bad next year? Who are your centers after Gets becomes a ufa? Speaking of him..im assuming he forgot how to score as well. Maybe its better to be injured and not produce then to be overrated and suck.
Green needs to prove he is completely recovered, and that he can stay healthy -first-. The Ducks would not move a player like Ryan for Mike Green until he does that. Whether or not other players return from injury is moot, because there are examples of other players who never get back to where they were before. The Ducks don't -need- to gamble, so why should they?

No, it's not dumb of you to assume the Ducks will be as bad, but it certainly points to a bit of ignorance on your part regarding the Ducks. As an example, your snarky remark that Getzlaf forgot how to score. He fully acknowledges he had a poor season, and they were well below his averages. There were a number of reasons the Ducks finished where they did. Injuries to Visnovsky and Lydman, for example, who were expected to be Anaheim's top pairing. Hiller's nightmarish first half of the season, trying to get back into the swing of things after his vertigo issues. I could keep going, but the summary is that the Ducks underperformed as a team.

If I'm looking ahead into the next season, I'm not just going to look at the past season and assume it will be the same, especially when considering injuries, or when we're looking at seasons which were anomalies for some of these players, when you look at their career averages. If a player has four straight seasons where he produces a point per game, or more, but one subpar season where he doesn't, why should we assume the one subpar season is the new trend for him? That is incredibly short-sighted, and just plain foolish.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 06:16 PM
  #55
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 14,562
vCash: 500
Even if the abdominal surgery worked for Green's groin (which is a huge if) he also has multiple concussions and has injured his right shoulder several times.

Head and shoulder injuries tend to come back in hockey.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 08:03 PM
  #56
Spice Trader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
While I agree that statement is ridiculously over the top, Daniel and Bobby actually both have 100 goals over the last 3 seasons. <insert Ryan gets no significant power play time argument here>.
Yes and Daniel has 156 assists to ryans 92.. in 18 less games. How exactly is this proving your point?

Spice Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 08:20 PM
  #57
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spice Trader View Post
Yes and Daniel has 156 assists to ryans 92.. in 18 less games. How exactly is this proving your point?
My point was it was ridiculous to say Ryan was as good as Sedin. I was merely pointing out that they've scored the same number of goals, which was an odd coincidence. The last comment was clearly saying that homers would say the amount of difference on the top power plays would mean Ryan was a better goal scorer. Needlessly defensive much?

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 08:25 PM
  #58
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,822
vCash: 545
When Washington fans are jumping on trading Green, you know the deal is lopsided.

No from Anaheim.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 08:30 PM
  #59
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,847
vCash: 500
The Caps won't let Wideman and Green go in the same offseason. They would need to turn around and pick up a $5M PP QB if they did so.

That's no reflection of the merits of this proposal, on value terms, but rather its lack of an answer to what Washington then does for puck movement from the back line.

Without Wideman and Green, the Caps get puck movement from Carlson and Orlov. That's a lot of youth shouldering a major load. I don't think the two young Capitals are ready for that.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.