HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - islanders

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-15-2012, 03:36 PM
  #1
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Montreal - islanders

Eller, Kristo, Weber, 2nd round pick
or
Plekanec, Kristo, 3rd round pick
to Islanders
--------------
Kyle Okposo
to Montreal


Last edited by Greenstickytoes*: 07-15-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:37 PM
  #2
tututooter21
Registered User
 
tututooter21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: B.C.
Posts: 1,971
vCash: 500
Islanders wouldnt want eller, and hes the only thing of significant value there

tututooter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:40 PM
  #3
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 27,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairygigolo View Post
Eller, Kristo, Weber, 2nd round pick
to Islanders
--------------
Kyle Okposo
to montreal
Gonna easily say no thanks.

Okposo's coming off a career high 24 goals.If he hadn't crapped the bed in his first 15 games,he'd have likely pushed close to 30 goals.

At $2m,he's got the type of team friendly contract Snow needs.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:42 PM
  #4
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 69,564
vCash: 500
it has gotten legs but i think the habs might be a bit annoyed.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:46 PM
  #5
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
it has gotten legs but i think the habs might be a bit annoyed.
do you think its enough given for Okposo?

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:47 PM
  #6
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Gonna easily say no thanks.

Okposo's coming off a career high 24 goals.If he hadn't crapped the bed in his first 15 games,he'd have likely pushed close to 30 goals.

At $2m,he's got the type of team friendly contract Snow needs.
it isnt enough given for Okposo?
What if i switch Kristo to Gallagher?

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:54 PM
  #7
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 27,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairygigolo View Post
it isnt enough given for Okposo?
What if i switch Kristo to Gallagher?

No interest in trading any young,cheap core players for 2-4 lesser pieces.Snow has a glut of unproven kids.If Okposo is dealt,it will hopefully, be as a key to a more talented player.Not a redundant piece.


Eller-nhl+ ahl centers... Tavares,Strome,Brock Nelson,Cizikas,Ullstrom,Sundstrom.

Kristo-wingers Nino,Kabanov and Lee.

Weber-Isles have 4 pmd pushing for nhl spots at Bridgeport.No interest in Weber.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:59 PM
  #8
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 31,521
vCash: 50
Putting contracts aside, I think the value is there.

The Isles just aren't looking for that package. Who is going to replace Okposo. If they bring in a center it will be one on the older side with >2 years on the cheap deal capable of playing top 6 minutes (hard to find), bumping down Nielsen to the third line slot. Also, we need one more large, physical defenseman, who is mobile that can play with one of Streit and Vis. Garth loves his second round picks, but at this stage in the rebuild they don't hold much value (Especially for Okposo). Lastly I don't know much about Kristo to comment.

Okposo, if he doesn't fix his flaws will be available in the future, like when the back loaded part of his contract kicks in and there is a viable replacement (Which I think there will be).

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:02 PM
  #9
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Bandwagon since 2008
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 15,968
vCash: 500
I really, really like Eller. But this trades creates a hole to fill another. Not worth it IMO.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:07 PM
  #10
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 27,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
Putting contracts aside, I think the value is there.

The Isles just aren't looking for that package. Who is going to replace Okposo. If they bring in a center it will be one on the older side with >2 years on the cheap deal capable of playing top 6 minutes (hard to find), bumping down Nielsen to the third line slot. Also, we need one more large, physical defenseman, who is mobile that can play with one of Streit and Vis. Garth loves his second round picks, but at this stage in the rebuild they don't hold much value (Especially for Okposo). Lastly I don't know much about Kristo to comment.

Okposo, if he doesn't fix his flaws will be available in the future, like when the back loaded part of his contract kicks in and there is a viable replacement (Which I think there will be).

With Snow's budget restrictions,you can't really put contracts aside.

There was a similar thread started by SJ fans,about Grabner.
Imo Snow is done stockpiling picks/prospects.
He'd rather have Grabner and Okposo making $2m in 2012-2013 and $3m in 2013-2014,then 3-4 picks/prospects.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:09 PM
  #11
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 31,521
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
With Snow's budget restrictions,you can't really put contracts aside.

There was a similar thread started by SJ fans,about Grabner.
Imo Snow is done stockpiling picks/prospects.
He'd rather have Grabner and Okposo making $2m in 2012-2013 and $3m in 2013-2014,then 3-4 picks/prospects.
I only said that to talk about the package that was offered to explain why it wouldn't work even IF the deal made sense financially.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:13 PM
  #12
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
No interest in trading any young,cheap core players for 2-4 lesser pieces.Snow has a glut of unproven kids.If Okposo is dealt,it will hopefully, be as a key to a more talented player.Not a redundant piece.


Eller-nhl+ ahl centers... Tavares,Strome,Brock Nelson,Cizikas,Ullstrom,Sundstrom.

Kristo-wingers Nino,Kabanov and Lee.

Weber-Isles have 4 pmd pushing for nhl spots at Bridgeport.No interest in Weber.
well Okposo been playing 4 years in the Nhl. hes 24yrs old and his career highest goals is 24 with a +/- of -15 that season.
his highest career points is 52 with a +/- of -22 that season.
i dont know what your expecting you can get for him but all i know is that
all those players ive named with a 2nd rounder i think is easily worth okposo.
even tho Islanders don't need it. its still alot given for a player who hasn't proved
anything yet. its prob an offer no GM would refuse unless you really think that
okposo will be a 80 point 40 goal scoring guy in the next consecutive 5 years.
but i highly doubt that. considering the points he made higher than his last seasons compared to the others before that which werent really high.

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:13 PM
  #13
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 31,521
vCash: 50
The bottom line is barring any major changes, Strome will be our second line center in two years so Eller while he is a great player would have no spot. We have PMD up the ass developing in Bridgeport. And we are looking to improve the team now, so a 2nd and Kristo have little value to Garth. This is a bad offer.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:15 PM
  #14
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,299
vCash: 500
Doesn't do anything for the Islanders. At first I thought it was Ellis instead of Eller and was wondering why Islanders fans weren't more irate.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:22 PM
  #15
Sparksrus3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 902
vCash: 500
How about Ullstrum
Cizikas
Macdonald
2nd
For
subban

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:23 PM
  #16
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 31,521
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
How about Ullstrum
Cizikas
Macdonald
2nd
For
subban
You forgot the sarcasm?

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:23 PM
  #17
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 27,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairygigolo View Post
well Okposo been playing 4 years in the Nhl. hes 24yrs old and his career highest goals is 24 with a +/- of -15 that season.
his highest career points is 52 with a +/- of -22 that season.
i dont know what your expecting you can get for him but all i know is that
all those players ive named with a 2nd rounder i think is easily worth okposo.
even tho Islanders don't need it. its still alot given for a player who hasn't proved
anything yet. its prob an offer no GM would refuse unless you really think that
okposo will be a 80 point 40 goal scoring guy in the next consecutive 5 years.
but i highly doubt that. considering the points he made higher than his last seasons compared to the others before that which werent really high.
I don't expect to get anything for him because doubt he's traded.Snow badly needs cheap,team friendly contracts like OKposo's because of Wang's budget.

Snow has been stockpiling pick+prospects for 5 drafts.I don't want more at the cost of young,core players.
Eller isn't bumping Tavares off the 1st line.Is his upside that much higher then Strome/Brock Nelson?

What's Kristo adding that Nino,Kabanov and Lee can't?
What's Weber adding that De Haan,Donovan,Ness and Katic can't?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:23 PM
  #18
Sparksrus3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 902
vCash: 500
Sorry

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:42 PM
  #19
Mahleezer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 219
vCash: 500
Terrible for the Habs.... let's throw in a Pleky and Gally while we're at it.

Keep Okposo, no interest whatsoever from a Habs to be honest!

Mahleezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:50 PM
  #20
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 31,521
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
How about Ullstrum
Cizikas
Macdonald
2nd
For
subban
You forgot the sarcasm?

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:53 PM
  #21
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I don't expect to get anything for him because doubt he's traded.Snow badly needs cheap,team friendly contracts like OKposo's because of Wang's budget.

Snow has been stockpiling pick+prospects for 5 drafts.I don't want more at the cost of young,core players.
Eller isn't bumping Tavares off the 1st line.Is his upside that much higher then Strome/Brock Nelson?

What's Kristo adding that Nino,Kabanov and Lee can't?
What's Weber adding that De Haan,Donovan,Ness and Katic can't?
go search up kristo. tell me what you read and seen about him and come
tell me if all the prospects u named are better than him.

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 05:00 PM
  #22
LotteryForLife
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Value isn't the worst I've seen, but I would still say no thanks

LotteryForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 05:02 PM
  #23
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
How about Ullstrum
Cizikas
Macdonald
2nd
For
subban
subban is wayyyyyy more important than Okposo to a team.
if ur going to use sarcasm do it with the same caliber players
atleast..

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 05:11 PM
  #24
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 27,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairygigolo View Post
go search up kristo. tell me what you read and seen about him and come
tell me if all the prospects u named are better than him.


22 yr old Kristo-5'11 winger.Top 6 potential.
20 yr old Kabanov-6'3 winger.Top 6 potential.
19 yr old Nino-6'2 winger.Top 6 potential.
22 yr old Lee-6'2 winger.2nd/3rd line potential.

I will happily take 24 yr old Grabner,24 yr old Okposo,19 yr old Nino and 20 yr old Kabanov over Kristo.
And that does not mean,I don't consider him to be a quality prospect.However,I think Snow wants to keep his young nhl players+ go with his own quality prospects.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 05:39 PM
  #25
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
22 yr old Kristo-5'11 winger.Top 6 potential.
20 yr old Kabanov-6'3 winger.Top 6 potential.
19 yr old Nino-6'2 winger.Top 6 potential.
22 yr old Lee-6'2 winger.2nd/3rd line potential.

I will happily take 24 yr old Grabner,24 yr old Okposo,19 yr old Nino and 20 yr old Kabanov over Kristo.
And that does not mean,I don't consider him to be a quality prospect.However,I think Snow wants to keep his young nhl players+ go with his own quality prospects.
ok so your telling me just because you think you have depth
with prospects that your willing to refuse 2 other top 6 prospects
plus a defencemen that has potential to become another streit.
on top of that a big 2nd round pick.
just because you want to keep a 52pts career high player that hasnt proved
anything yet for 4 years lollll
ok buddy... you would be an amazing GM in the NHL.
our MTL GM would laugh in your face...

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.