HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kadri centering the 1st line?

Old
07-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
Then those stats are inaccurate because I distinctly remember seeing him on the ice with them.

@Fireeverybody: No, I agree that bozak's numbers were inflated for sure. I also think at this stage he's a better player than Kadri, and that kadri's numbers playing with kessel and lupul would not be as good as bozak's have been.
What, when Bozak was shifting and then Kadri went on and L+K stayed a bit? Must of had a good thing to happen if that makes you remember it. Bozak is a good 3rd line C, and his style of play reflects it, and a 2C on a bad team. 1st on ours.. but Kadri is still a better player offensively which is what matters more for a top 6, and would of had a way better PPG than Bozak in the # of games.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Funk Volume
Independent Living

I agree with OldTimer. Kids an offensive player, a playmaker AND goalscorer with a filthy pair of mitts.

"But...but he's not 6'4", 225lbs and isn't a Selke guy" who the **** cares? He's a FIRST-SECOND LINE type player. Leave the D for our bottom 6. We're all begging for someone to feed Phil the puck, and saying "oh trade this and this and this" when those pieces could be important pieces in our future. He's the most talented player in our system. Give him a chance to play with our best players, not bottom six garbage.

Funk Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 06:00 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant Gardiner View Post
Just no. Not yet anyway.
According to you.....When does he get his chance??? It's now for Kadri!!!
Kadri has more talent than 95 % of this sorry ass team!!!

Yet people want to keep him down because of his defence...Coaches can teach defence and how to take faceoffs! they can't teach his offensive skill, his vision, his passing, his hockey IQ.

Giver me a break buddy...Time to see what the Leafs have in Kadri.....Even if some people don't like his defence!!!

OlderTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 06:03 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ball Hockey View Post
I agree with OldTimer. Kids an offensive player, a playmaker AND goalscorer with a filthy pair of mitts.

"But...but he's not 6'4", 225lbs and isn't a Selke guy" who the **** cares? He's a FIRST-SECOND LINE type player. Leave the D for our bottom 6. We're all begging for someone to feed Phil the puck, and saying "oh trade this and this and this" when those pieces could be important pieces in our future. He's the most talented player in our system. Give him a chance to play with our best players, not bottom six garbage.
Thank you bro!!! Kadri fed the puck to guys who couldn't hit the ****ing broad side of a barn with a ****ing beach-ball. Kadri needs to play with guys that can finish!

I am willing to bet that Kessel can score more goals having Kadri (left hander) than Bozak ( right hander) giving him the puckl!!! Simple logic!

Last edited by OlderTimer*: 07-14-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old
07-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

vCash: 1020
He plays better on the wing than center. The stats don't lie. But damn, Kadri is pissing me off! Like make the f'in team already!

Jozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 06:13 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozay View Post
He plays better on the wing than center. The stats don't lie. But damn, Kadri is pissing me off! Like make the f'in team already!

Ummm Have you noticed that Ron Wilson never played him at centre??? Sure he'll play better on the wing if he never plays centre!!!! Randy Carlyle told Lupul he would never be a good left winger...he never tried him there! RC come to the Leafs and admits he made a mistake and Lupul is a good left winger!

Old
07-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Heatleys Eye

Positive Kadri perspective - Career points - B. Shenn/Kadri 20/19

Several Kadri threads popping up lately - but I haven't seen much discussion about his actual draft year compared to his peers. Based on his peers who are forwards he's right on schedule

NHL 2009 Draft: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2009e.html

Forwards 5th overall in 2009 and up:

5th Overall - Brayden Schenn - 20 career points - http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=106939

7th Overall - Nazem Kadri - 19 career points - http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=96553

8th Overall - Scott Glennie - 0 career points - http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=106900

Look at the CHL careers of Glennie and Kadri - very similar - 4 years both in the CHL - then it's a big change from there. Kadri has pulled ahead significantly - and has 1 less point than Brayden Schenn in at least 10 games less played.

Kadri is doing just fine for a kid in the Toronto market - big season ahead for him

Kenny Ryan - our second rounder that year on the other hand has a big hill to climb

PS - 'you're welcome'

Last edited by Heatleys Eye: 07-14-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Heatleys Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 06:53 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

trade with ana.

tor gets ryan, toni lydman

ana gets, lupol, percy,colborne, kulimun

jvr-kadri-kessel
macarther-grabo-ryan
connoly-macClement-frattin
karmolov-steckle- brown

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderTimer View Post
Are you Kidding me, Everyone wants to hold Kadri back!..Everyone here states he's not great defensively, Name me one effing player on the Leafs last year who was great defensively??? Yet everyone has this Plug up thier ass worrying about Kadri's defensive game!

Fook it, Play the ****ing kid....His defence is not great....who the **** cares!!!

His OFFENCE is what I want to see!!! Slickest hands on the Leafs...PLAY THE ****ING KID!!!!!
Where exactly did I say bozak was better defensively? I'm talking about offense. Kadri has not shown he can score at anything near 1st line rate in the NHL....bozak has to this point simply been better than him.

Play the kids? Sure, if we want another year of no playoffs.

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 07:10 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Where exactly did I say bozak was better defensively? I'm talking about offense. Kadri has not shown he can score at anything near 1st line rate in the NHL....bozak has to this point simply been better than him.

we still get no playoffs with the others.
maybe the younger players are hungrier.

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 07:11 PM
philer Bozel
It's Playoff Time!

Thank you. People calling Kadri a bust are also calling B. Schenn a bust. Neither are busts.

philer Bozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Count Von Grabo*

I agree he isn't a bust. The development has been a little disappointing imo, but I've seen players go through the same thing and go on to be great players.

Count Von Grabo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 07:23 PM
philer Bozel
It's Playoff Time!

Quote:

Maybe that's because he only gets third line minutes with freaking lambo and Mac. They both were colder the ice they were skating on. Mac is not Crosby he can't make garbage into gold.

philer Bozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 07:25 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

Here's something I wrote about Kadri a little while ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg View Post
If he's such a great player, why does he spend so much time in the AHL, and why are Leafs fans constantly trying to get rid of him in trade proposals?
In 3 seasons since being drafted he went on to destroy the OHL in his first year and has spent 2 partial seasons in the AHL, where he is a near-PPG player both in the regular season and playoffs while getting regular tastes at the NHL level with the big club. He has been putting on weight and bulking up to perform with the Leafs and has been playing at both wing and center after being a center for the bulk of his career. At 21, he still very young and progressing quite well so I'm not sure wtf you're talking about.

Let's look at picks #8 through #20 in that draft (ie. players that Toronto could have drafted at that spot) and see how they are faring thus far:

8 - Glennie - (Most recently scored 12G-37pts in 70gp in the AHL [Kadri scored more in 22 less gp])

9 - Cowen (Cracked the NHL this year, was 5th in ice time among defenseman for the Senators but was one of the only two regular defenseman, along with Gonchar with a minus rating..He was also last among regular defenseman in points)

10 - MPS (A prospect I liked a lot on draft day really lost his way in the NHL this past season scoring 8pts in 41gp for the Oilers and posting just OK stats with the AHL team)

11 - Ellis (Boom/Bust prospect and was expected as a bit of a project.. IMO he is progressing well towards becoming an impact offensive D man..got his first taste of the NHL this season given limited minutes)

12 - De Haan (Recently posted 16pts in his first pro season in the AHL)

13 - Kassian (Near PPG in AHL but only 10pts in 48gp in the NHL .. Still working on transitioning his physical offensive game to the NHL)

14 - Kulikov (Has been rock solid since draft day cracking the weak Panthers roster immediately and progressing well through 3 seasons in the NHL. Only knock would be his weak playoff showing this season, but it's OK he was a playoff rookie )

15 - Holland (Near PPG stats in AHL over past 2 seasons, and had 1G in 4gp with the Ducks)

16 - Leddy (Had a good sophomore campaign this past season with the Blackhawks following up a lackluster rookie campaign in 10/11)

17 - Rundblad (Couldn't crack the NHL, and looked pretty good in limited time with Phoenix's AHL affiliate)

18 - Leblanc (Played half a season with the Canadiens this season was given 4th line minutes and scored 10pts in 42gp)

19 - Kreider (Spent last 3 years at College and got first taste of the NHL this past playoffs for the Rangers, scoring at 31pt pace over 82gp but looking pretty good for a rookie)

20 - Josefson (9pts in 41gp in the NHL for the Devils this past season and was only played for 6gp of their playoff run in limited minutes too)

So tell me my small-minded friend, where does the hate come from? Who on that list has so severely outplayed Kadri that he "has no value". The only players you could even argue are defenseman, while even in that case aside from Leddy and Kulikov every player has been taking the exact same route as Kadri.

These guys are young and just recently drafted! They have big time potential and are expected to fill top 6 and top 4 roles on their respective teams. The only way they can make a smooth transition from OHL --> AHL --> NHL is by slowly progressing and allowing for their games -- and minds to mature gradually.

HockeyThoughts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 07:36 PM
DPyro

I think Kadri could get 35-40 points this year.

DPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 07:53 PM
superrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
trade with ana.

jvr-kadri-kessel
macarther-grabo-ryan
karmolov-steckle- brown
That would be just terrible... and you spelled half the names wrong.

superrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Funk Volume
Independent Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
trade with ana.

jvr-kadri-kessel
macarther-grabo-ryan
karmolov-steckle- brown
LOL we could get Ryan for Percy, Colborne and Kulemin(note the spelling there bud) alone, yet we're adding Lupul(again, work on your spelling) just to gain Toni freaking Lydman?

Also, that team will lead us directly to the prize.....of Nathan Mackinnon.

Funk Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 08:11 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
According to you.....When does he get his chance??? It's now for Kadri!!!
Kadri has more talent than 95 % of this sorry ass team!!!

Yet people want to keep him down because of his defence...Coaches can teach defence and how to take faceoffs! they can't teach his offensive skill, his vision, his passing, his hockey IQ.

Giver me a break buddy...Time to see what the Leafs have in Kadri.....Even if some people don't like his defence!!!
burke even said kadri has become a much better complete player. so defensive game is not an issue anymore

mikebel111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:

Well, if Bozak is the number one C, they are not going anywhere either. Kadri has way more upside, he just needs an opportunity to prove it.

Suntouchable13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 08:21 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Well, if Bozak is the number one C, they are not going anywhere either. Kadri has way more upside, he just needs an opportunity to prove it.

kadri was playing at a near PPG in his last stint. stone hands lambo just couldn't finish his beauty passes

mikebel111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 09:31 PM
HocKEyFrEaK99

Quote:
Are you Kidding me, Everyone wants to hold Kadri back!..Everyone here states he's not great defensively, Name me one effing player on the Leafs last year who was great defensively??? Yet everyone has this Plug up thier ass worrying about Kadri's defensive game!

Fook it, Play the ****ing kid....His defence is not great....who the **** cares!!!

His OFFENCE is what I want to see!!! Slickest hands on the Leafs...PLAY THE ****ING KID!!!!!
agree!! he'll get bigger he's got 1 1/2 years before we see him again..

HocKEyFrEaK99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:15 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

lol i have to many fights with my friends who think he is a bust. kid will be a stud, watch

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
He's had opportunities lol. He can't even score consistently in the AHL for ****s sake, and he's been completely mediocre in every NHL callup, and he has played significant minutes with good players.

Don't get me wrong, I want him to succeed as much as anyone...but do we want a meritocracy or not? Because throwing Kadri on the first line when he hasn't earned it is contrary to that ideal...

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
I think Kadri could get 35-40 points this year.
He would have to earn a NHL roster spot and at this point I'm sure where he is being penciled in at present.

Burke just added 2 more forwards JVR and McClement and we know they both have spots, which makes the task a little more difficult.

07-14-2012, 11:12 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

So going from not being good enough for the NHL to being the best center on the NHL team based on what?

Leafs' fans have to be more patient with prospects.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote