HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Development Camp

Old
06-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Animus

vCash: 500
2012 Development Camp

So I (at least) found this pretty interesting this morning when I saw this on the Grand Rapids Griffins Facebook page.

http://detroit.sbnation.com/detroit-...-traverse-city

http://www.theleftwinglock.com/2012/...elopment-camp/

The first link is the actual camp and who they invited and the second link is the 10 free agents that they invited. I guess I don't really pay attention to much to the up and comings (besides the big names that is) but Tvrdon, Sproul, Ouellet and Quine had REALLY good years last year. Never realized that...

Notables missing from the camp: Tatar, Nyquist (maybe cause he already made it) and Jarnkrok

Notables that are there: Dean and Jake Chelois, Michael Babcock and Parker Milner

Questions: Am I the only surprised to see Milner there??? and is Jarnkrok injured??

Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Animus

You got it. No idea why but I guess he wants his son to see what its like.

Animus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Frk It
Improve our defense

Anyone know anything about Kellan Lain? 6'6" 220 lb forward from Lake Superior State, sounds interesting.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:38 PM
ChadS

According to the Left Wing Lock, the Wings have added Estonian forward Robert Rooba to the development camp roster. He plays for Espoo Blues in Finland. Apparently he's Larionov's client which would explain the invitation since I've seen him play a couple of times but don't think he's much much of a prospect. Pretty big kid though and has some skill, so you never now.

http://www.theleftwinglock.com/2012/...t-camp-roster/

ChadS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:48 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
According to the Left Wing Lock, the Wings have added Estonian forward Robert Rooba to the development camp roster. He plays for Espoo Blues in Finland. Apparently he's Larionov's client which would explain the invitation since I've seen him play a couple of times but don't think he's much much of a prospect. Pretty big kid though and has some skill, so you never now.

Does anyone know why Shalimov dropped out? I think actually probably the bigger story for a lot of people around her. This kid certainly lights up the lower level tournaments 19 points in 5 games wow.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:44 PM
lazerbullet

Quote:

OMG! This is a big day/thing for our hockey. Although I have always believed that his upside is decent/good KHLer. Anyway... congrats to him.

lazerbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 04:23 PM
joe89

We've discussed the camp a bit in the prospect thread.. Anyway Jarnkrok asked to stay at home to hit the gym rather than do technique drills at the development camp, and Detroit thought that was a good idea. He'll attend the rookie camp instead.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Z40
High Compete Level

I'm glad to see Luke Glendening get a shot. I watched him play for Michigan for many years. I wasn't aware until I read that article, but he apparently signed a 1-year contract with GR for this upcoming season. Hopefully, he does well.

Z40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Frk It
Improve our defense

Why isn't Shalimov coming anymore? that was my favorite invite...

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:27 PM
joe89

Starts today.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:35 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Don't they usually stream it? I'd be interested in catching a scrimmage or something.

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:41 PM
joe89

Here's the schedule: http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/d...2_Schedule.pdf

Scrimmages Tuesday and Friday.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:54 PM
ChadS

Columbus is streaming their camp right now but I don't think the Wings will do the same? Too bad.

Couple of things from Twitter:
Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings
Red Wings prospect Teemu Pulkkinen prepares to participate in the opening drill of 2012 ‪#DRWDC‬ at Centre Ice Arena pic.twitter.com/oqvyShQx

Red Wings Camps @RedWingsCamps
Rufenach's jersey hanging from the rafters at Centre I.C.E. #drwdc #redwings #walleye #gogrg

Red Wings Camps ‏@RedWingsCamps
Pulkkinen the first skater on the ice ‪#drwdc‬ ‪#redwings

Detroit Red Wings @DetroitRedWings
Members of Team Zetterberg engage in a group stretch before their first on-ice session at 2012 #DRWDC in Traverse City pic.twitter.com/qt9AEiQ3

Old
07-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
So I (at least) found this pretty interesting this morning when I saw this on the Grand Rapids Griffins Facebook page.

http://detroit.sbnation.com/detroit-...-traverse-city

http://www.theleftwinglock.com/2012/...elopment-camp/

The first link is the actual camp and who they invited and the second link is the 10 free agents that they invited. I guess I don't really pay attention to much to the up and comings (besides the big names that is) but Tvrdon, Sproul, Ouellet and Quine had REALLY good years last year. Never realized that...

Notables missing from the camp: Tatar, Nyquist (maybe cause he already made it) and Jarnkrok

Notables that are there: Dean and Jake Chelois, Michael Babcock and Parker Milner

Questions: Am I the only surprised to see Milner there??? and is Jarnkrok injured??
Jarnkrok is hitting the weights to get bigger and be better prepared for NHL action, the Wings gave him their blessing.

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Columbus is streaming their camp right now but I don't think the Wings will do the same? Too bad.

Couple of things from Twitter:
Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings
Red Wings prospect Teemu Pulkkinen prepares to participate in the opening drill of 2012 ‪#DRWDC‬ at Centre Ice Arena pic.twitter.com/oqvyShQx

Red Wings Camps @RedWingsCamps
Rufenach's jersey hanging from the rafters at Centre I.C.E. #drwdc #redwings #walleye #gogrg

Red Wings Camps ‏@RedWingsCamps
Pulkkinen the first skater on the ice ‪#drwdc‬ ‪#redwings

Detroit Red Wings @DetroitRedWings
Members of Team Zetterberg engage in a group stretch before their first on-ice session at 2012 #DRWDC in Traverse City pic.twitter.com/qt9AEiQ3

Run the Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Z40
High Compete Level

Exciting! Would love to be able to watch these guys play.

Old
07-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Trvp Lord

Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
I wonder how Rasmus Bodin looks?

Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Z40
High Compete Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
I wonder how Rasmus Bodin looks?

Old
07-07-2012, 05:11 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

I am more worried about how Babcock's son is doing, I think we draft him next year in the 1st round

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:28 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
How good is Babcock's son supposed to be?

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:45 PM
irishtemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
How good is Babcock's son supposed to be?

Trust me he isn't that good...I saw his stat-line at Detroit Catholic Central from this past year (he was a sophomore I believe) and he should be no-where near a first round pick if he was barely .5 ppg in the catholic league. I mean this is the same team that let Greg Holland (ken's son) play goal for 2+ seasons when he was this smurf of a kid who couldn't stop a beachball.

If he was really a good hockey player he wouldn't have been playing for their team. For instance, when I was a frosh and sophomore there was a kid in our class who was awesome at hockey named Ben Ryan who was too good to play for our team so he played for team usa and transferred out after sophomore year to play juniors and was drafted by Nashville in the fourth round.

irishtemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Rzombo4 prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtemper View Post
Trust me he isn't that good...I saw his stat-line at Detroit Catholic Central from this past year (he was a sophomore I believe) and he should be no-where near a first round pick if he was barely .5 ppg in the catholic league. I mean this is the same team that let Greg Holland (ken's son) play goal for 2+ seasons when he was this smurf of a kid who couldn't stop a beachball.

If he was really a good hockey player he wouldn't have been playing for their team. For instance, when I was a frosh and sophomore there was a kid in our class who was awesome at hockey named Ben Ryan who was too good to play for our team so he played for team usa and transferred out after sophomore year to play juniors and was drafted by Nashville in the fourth round.
Have no clue how good he is, but I think Cedar Rapids took him in the USHL futures draft a couple of years back. Like Cheli's kids he his clearly there because of the family connection.

Rzombo4 prez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:47 PM
ahtikullervo

How has Robert Rooba (64) looked like? In comparison with the others, specially with Pulkkinen (62)? Any chance there is serious interest from Red Wings side? Pictures from the camp have been cool. Would be really interesting to get some lines about players and their doings!

ahtikullervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 01:48 PM
ChadS

I'll post this over here as well.

Malik posted his first report of team Zetterberg's morning session: http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...g_off_on_the_/

I'm suprised how well Pulkkinen speaks English. It's not perfect but suprisingly good for a Finnish hockey kid.

I'm thinking B.Smith might be one of the future leaders for the Wings. He seems like a really good kid and always described as a leader at the prospect camps. Also him coming to this camp, even though he's been there for ~5 years, shows that Holland and co. see him as a role model for the others.

Last edited by ChadS: 07-08-2012 at 02:08 PM.