HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - St.Louis

Old
07-15-2012, 07:28 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Toronto - St.Louis

To Toronto: David Perron

To St.Louis : Nikolai Kulemin + Stuart Percy + 1st 2013 ? or 2nd 2013 ?

Toronto get a legit top 6 center. St Louis have Backes, Oshie , MacDonald, Steen, Berglund and Sobotka who can all play center so can spare one. Kulemin is a left wing that St Louis are short of. Stuart Percy was a 1st rounder in 2012. Whic pick would make this deal fair? The 1st or 2nd? Thoughts..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:37 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post

Toronto get a legit top 6 center. St Louis have Backes, Oshie , MacDonald, Steen, Berglund and Sobotka who can all play center so can spare one. Kulemin is a left wing that St Louis are short of. Stuart Percy was a 1st rounder in 2012. Whic pick would make this deal fair? The 1st or 2nd? Thoughts..
With the first included that's a pretty decent package but blues have enough depth and aren't looking to trade assets for packages. Perron isn't a center either. If blues Make a trade it should be a 1 for 1 or they should be the ones making the package for a center or lhd. They are in win now mode and this trade doesn't make them better next season.

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:41 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
With the first included that's a pretty decent package but blues have enough depth and aren't looking to trade assets for packages. Perron isn't a center either. If blues Make a trade it should be a 1 for 1 or they should be the ones making the package for a center or lhd. They are in win now mode and this trade doesn't make them better next season.
He played center in junior. He 'd be another option at center like JVR. Young, played center in junior. Worst case if he cant cut it at center , Toronto end up with a better winger. I'm a really big fan of Perron. Obviously Toronto would have to entice ST.Louis , thats why its a nice package.

Old
07-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Dr Robot

vCash: 641
Perron is a left winger not a center. We have too many top 6 wingers and need a top 6 center. The only piece of value to the blues in that offer is the first but its not enough for us to trade Perron. The offer of Percy+Kulemin+1st is actually pretty fair value but the blues decline since its not really what we are looking for as an organization right now. Thanks though.

Dr Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Alklha

vCash: 50
Quote:

Strange post. The Blues are very deep at LW, mainly because 4 players you list as centres play on the LW for us (Perron, McDonald, Steen, Sobotka and we also have Schwartz). Perron wouldn't be able to cut it in the NHL as a centre.

Value wise, you have went to other way from most Leafs proposals are are probably overpaying by a fair bit for Perron. I don't think many Leafs would like the deal!

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:51 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Strange post. The Blues are very deep at LW, mainly because 4 players you list as centres play on the LW for us (Perron, McDonald, Steen, Sobotka and we also have Schwartz). Perron wouldn't be able to cut it in the NHL as a centre.

Value wise, you have went to other way from most Leafs proposals are are probably overpaying by a fair bit for Perron. I don't think many Leafs would like the deal!
Very doubtful Toronto would do this trade and like mentioned in other posts , Perron is a Left Winger not a Center.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:55 AM
CodeBlue*

Quote:

Hell no from the Leafs.

CodeBlue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:56 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

My bad one some of those players mentioned. I thought they were mostly centers cause various sites have them listed as centers. I don't watch many Blues games. Accoding to nhlnumbers.com there all listed as centers..

Old
07-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Dr Robot

vCash: 641
Backes and Berglund are. McD used to be but we moved him to wing a few years ago. Steen was a center in Toronto but we moved him to wing when we acquired him, rumor is he will try his hand at center again this year. If Oshie played any center it wasn't when I was paying attention. Sobotka is a fourth line center who we use on fourth line wing most of the time.

They are/were centers at some point but really we only have 2 top6 centers playing that position right now.

Dr Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Leafsfan381

Without the draft pick, it would be a deal to consider

Leafsfan381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 09:14 AM
kimzey59

Well, at least it isn't another Stewart proposal.

Blues say no.
We aren't moving one of our core young forwards unless we are getting an upgrade to our current NHL team. We aren't interested in "futures". This trade doesn't upgrade us, so it's a no go. If you want Perron, the "lowest" player we'd consider as a viable return would be Grabovski and Toronto would understandably consider that a non-starter.

As for the center issue; Oshie hasn't played center since High School, Perron hasn't played center since he was 16(and even then spent the bulk of his time on the wing), Sobotka doesn't have the offensive game to play center in a top 9 role(might be the best offensive 4th line player in the League, though) and neither McDonald or Steen have played center since before the 2008-2009 season(though it appears one of them will be put back there this coming season with Steen being the favorite given our current lineup). That leaves us Backes and Berglund as legit top 9 centers. The Blues don't have a surplus at center, in fact we're currently 1 short. Tons of depth on the wing to deal from, but center is a weak spot on this team.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 09:23 AM
TimtheDJ84

vCash: 560
Quote:

Perron isn't a center, but even if he was St.Louis wouldn't deal him. They just signed him to a sweet 4 year deal and after coming back from the concussion he looked amazing. He is projected to be their leading goal scorer if he sticks to the pace he has set.

TimtheDJ84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 09:35 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:

Honestly, I just don't think the Blues would be looking to downgrade at any position even if it got them nice prospects. This is a team that is going to trying to win the Cup next year, they won't be trading a member of the team without it being what they see as an upgrade immediately.

This deal very well could be an upgrade in the future but the window for the Blues to win is right now regardless of their showing against the Kings in the playoffs.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 10:20 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
He played center in junior. He 'd be another option at center like JVR. Young, played center in junior. Worst case if he cant cut it at center , Toronto end up with a better winger. I'm a really big fan of Perron. Obviously Toronto would have to entice ST.Louis , thats why its a nice package.
Why would Toronto pay a very large price to fill their hole at center with a player that isn't a center? If I told you Kulemin played some center in bantam hockey, would you plug him in as no1 C?

Edit: just saw OPs reply about not knowing Perron was a winger.

>let this thread prove as an example to why you shouldn't propose trades if you are admitting you don't watch the other team play before the thread hits 2 pages in length.

jmart21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Ricky Bobby

Perron isn't what the Leafs need.

Value wise the Leafs are overpaying. Perron is a very good player but he also comes with a very serious concussion risk that affects his value.

Kulemin and Perron are both left wingers. Even the most biased St. Louis fans can't believe that the difference in value between these 2 is a very recent 1st round pick in Percy + another 1st rounder in the upcoming draft.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Christ

Leafs would be retarded to make that deal.

Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 11:06 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Unless we are getting an upgrade, we won't be making a trade.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 11:08 AM
SirPaste

Neither team does this

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 11:24 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:

You're joking right? how is Perron a legit #1 C??? please don't drop off your resume to MLSE.

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 11:29 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
My bad one some of those players mentioned. I thought they were mostly centers cause various sites have them listed as centers. I don't watch many Blues games. Accoding to nhlnumbers.com there all listed as centers..
Nice to see you like Perron so much but never watch him play

Old
07-15-2012, 11:30 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Neither team does this
I'm sure the Blues take it and run. Essentially 3 1'st rounders (mid to late) for Perron.

Old
07-15-2012, 11:32 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Lock???

Old
07-15-2012, 11:34 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
I'm sure the Blues take it and run. Essentially 3 1'st rounders (mid to late) for Perron.
How does it help us win now. Kulemin is not a piece that we'd want. We need offensive minded players because we already have Kulemin type players. Percy has no use for us because he does not fill our LH dman hole and we have plenty of defensive prospects, and I'm sure the 1st round pick will be good value, but we don't need it.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 11:35 AM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Yikes no way

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Ignore42me*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
No i seriously doubt we would take this package and run. Perron could get a much better return that actually filled the teams needs.

Ignore42me* is offline   Reply With Quote