HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

XBOX 360 GM Connected League. Mike Milbury's Beach house!

Old
08-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Skoal

vCash: 500
Ok cool I'll keep thinkin and we will talk when the game drops

Skoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoal View Post
Ok cool I'll keep thinkin and we will talk when the game drops
Sounds good man.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Vinny Bombatz

COUNT ME IN!

If there is any room left...This is exactly what Iím looking for GT: DaNextOne

Hit me up if you need any help

P.S I've probably played vs. or with most of you through the years in EASHL or vs.

Vinny Bombatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Eternal Sunshine

paging Garfinkel! we need to update the waiting list and who is controlling the islanders

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Eternal Sunshine

also just wondering how many people will have the app on their iOS? i am going to be on the app 24/7

Old
08-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Skoal

I will be for sure except at work no wifi. I hope u can set up matches thru it

Skoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 01:52 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
Hey, looks like I'm on the waiting list for some reason, I'm already the Flames, thanks!

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 03:47 AM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

Ugh. Jesus, where do I (Florida) even start?

Needs:
Second, or First line centre (Leaning towards following players: Zajac, Stajan, Hudler, Horcoff, Lombardi, Connolly, Bozak, Peverly, and O. Jokinen)

Number one goaltender. Essentially looking for overall of approximately 80-90, or whatever. And obviously leaning towards deal with Vancouver for Luongo, or a deal with Pittsburgh for Vokoun. Or in other words, the only two seemingly realistic options that won't hurt the trade partner.

Untouchable(s):
Campbell

Open to serious offers for the right price regarding following players (Near Untouchables):
Gudbranson
Huberdeau
Bjugstad
Kulikov
Markstrom
Petrovic

On the block:
Goc
Skille
Theodore
Howden
Ellerby
Kopecky
Clemmensen

Last edited by EggsBenedict: 08-22-2012 at 04:20 AM.
EggsBenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:41 AM
Eternal Sunshine

anyone had a chance to check out the player ratings in the other thread on this board? I get that EA was trying to make a big gap between stars and average 3rd/4th line type players but it seems like they are underrating a few guys quite severely. And Kronwall is an 88 for me hahha.

Old
08-22-2012, 07:03 AM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

They viciously underrated Campbell, Gudbranson and Theodore in my opinion. And Vermette as a 73? I chose two leagues to be a part of: Florida on one, and Phoenix on the other. I'm hopeful that a few ratings may be improved upon for certain players at some point -- otherwise, I'm going to have a terrible time icing a team that will be able to seriously compete. Fortunately for Florida (and Phoenix, I suppose) I have at least a few prospects capable of being real studs. 'Course, that's assuming they've been given appropriate potential ratings.

Old
08-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Eternal Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticMoose View Post
They viciously underrated Campbell, Gudbranson and Theodore in my opinion. And Vermette as a 73? I chose two leagues to be a part of: Florida on one, and Phoenix on the other. I'm hopeful that a few ratings may be improved upon for certain players at some point -- otherwise, I'm going to have a terrible time icing a team that will be able to seriously compete. Fortunately for Florida (and Phoenix, I suppose) I have at least a few prospects capable of being real studs. 'Course, that's assuming they've been given appropriate potential ratings.
Yeah I think that one is a typo. They can't possibly have Vermette that low. I picture him to be 78-81 OVR, anything less would be insulting.

What did they have your guys at? (Panthers). I'm too lazy to go through that thread and find the page(s) with the info again.

Old
08-22-2012, 07:34 AM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

This is the current make-up of the team.

In theory, I could probably make do with that first line, but I'd like to round out the second line, while maybe adding another first line capable centre if someone were shopping for picks or prospects, or whatever. The bottom six doesn't need a whole lot of help, and the goaltender situation could definitely be improved upon.

Old
08-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Eternal Sunshine

Quote:
This is the current make-up of the team.

In theory, I could probably make do with that first line, but I'd like to round out the second line, while maybe adding another first line capable centre if someone were shopping for picks or prospects, or whatever. The bottom six doesn't need a whole lot of help, and the goaltender situation could definitely be improved upon.
I feel like your first line got shafted a bit overall. Like Versteeg and Weiss should be 84-85 based on last year. And Theo should be 82ish at least. He was very good last season.

Old
08-22-2012, 09:23 AM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

I'm definitely partial to agreeing with that statement.

By EA's logic, apparently a first line player is approximately supposed to be rated between 84-99, and second line players rated between 81-85. Therefore, I'm curious as to how they came up with the idea that Weiss and Versteeg are both second line players.

And apparently Theodore is considered as being a humble backup goaltender.

But, the biggest joke of all, I thought, is Adam freaking Larrson (85) being rated higher than Brian Campbell.

I'm thinking that EA Sports may want to hire more than one guy to scout for them, or go about firing their supposed "Hockey Guru" because they've quite clearly gone insane.

Relevant article:
http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...player-ratings

Old
08-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Eternal Sunshine

Quote:
I'm definitely partial to agreeing with that statement.

By EA's logic, apparently a first line player is approximately supposed to be rated between 84-99, and second line players rated between 81-85. Therefore, I'm curious as to how they came up with the idea that Weiss and Versteeg are both second line players.

And apparently Theodore is considered as being a humble backup goaltender.

But, the biggest joke of all, I thought, is Adam freaking Larrson (85) being rated higher than Brian Campbell.

I'm thinking that EA Sports may want to hire more than one guy to scout for them, or go about firing their supposed "Hockey Guru" because they've quite clearly gone insane.

Relevant article:
http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...player-ratings
Yeah. And I get that some stats like poise, etc. can skew OVR greatly, and that even if x player (young/overrated player) is rated higher than y player, maybe the y player feels/plays better in the actual game. But when you're giving Kronwall, Phaneuf, Hamhuis 88's and Campbell is only 83, you kind of stop and wonder what is going on over at EA.

Old
08-22-2012, 09:50 AM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Yeah. And I get that some stats like poise, etc. can skew OVR greatly, and that even if x player (young/overrated player) is rated higher than y player, maybe the y player feels/plays better in the actual game. But when you're giving Kronwall, Phaneuf, Hamhuis 88's and Campbell is only 83, you kind of stop and wonder what is going on over at EA.
The Hamhuis rating is definitely bewildering to me. I mean, he's a great d-man and all, but I can't objectively say that he's on the same level as someone like Suter. As for Phaneuf, I can't judge it as I don't watch a lot of east coast games, but the general consensus appears to be that there absolutely no logical reason for him being rated that highly.

Old
08-22-2012, 01:07 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:
Ugh. Jesus, where do I (Florida) even start?

Needs:
Second, or First line centre (Leaning towards following players: Zajac, Stajan, Hudler, Horcoff, Lombardi, Connolly, Bozak, Peverly, and O. Jokinen)

Number one goaltender. Essentially looking for overall of approximately 80-90, or whatever. And obviously leaning towards deal with Vancouver for Luongo, or a deal with Pittsburgh for Vokoun. Or in other words, the only two seemingly realistic options that won't hurt the trade partner.

Untouchable(s):
Campbell

Open to serious offers for the right price regarding following players (Near Untouchables):
Gudbranson
Huberdeau
Bjugstad
Kulikov
Markstrom
Petrovic

On the block:
Goc
Skille
Theodore
Howden
Ellerby
Kopecky
Clemmensen
Nik Antropov+ for Versteeg?

InUtero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 12:41 AM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
Nik Antropov+ for Versteeg?
Hm, this is somewhat enticing. Would you be open to a multi-player deal that would include one of your wingers? Because if I trade Versteeg, I'll then have a pretty big hole on one of my wings that I'm not exactly clear on how I'll go about filling. And objectively speaking, Mueller is a second line right winger/maybe centre at best.

Cheers.

Old
08-23-2012, 01:37 AM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

Actually... would Columbus be interested in a trade for Dubinsky? Don't think I'm willing to do anything too crazy like trading away Huby, but I do have a pretty deep prospect pool (see listed names).

Last edited by EggsBenedict: 08-23-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old
08-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Eternal Sunshine

anyone check out the demo yet? I just played it. Can't say I am overly enthusiastic about it

Old
08-23-2012, 10:39 AM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

It certainly takes some getting used to. Main issue was the passing I thought; no one seemed capable of receiving a pass.

Old
08-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Eternal Sunshine

Quote:
It certainly takes some getting used to. Main issue was the passing I thought; no one seemed capable of receiving a pass.
I had that issue, too. I just think its so weird how everyone is bent over like its their first time on skates and they are huge ankle benders. Makes no sense at all. I get that players have a slight hunch when they are controlling the puck, but it looks comical. And the whole skating backwards thing is going to be way over done this year. Just giving you guys a heads up, I will be using the L trigger to score cheese ball goals on you

Old
08-23-2012, 11:10 AM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

EA is already addressing known exploits.

Source:

Other known exploits that are currently known should be easy to defend against if the person you're playing against isn't completely ********. However, you are right, the backward skating is, without a doubt, going to be overused. And I believe that the EASHL especially is going to be significantly more annoying than previous years. Not looking forward to that, to say the least.

Oh yeah, and considering you're Detroit, I figure you might be interested in Ellerby considering I had a look at the Florida board and he seems like a guy that could use a change of scenery. One place they suggested was Detroit. Supposedly Ellerby is supposed to be a pretty good d-man, but Florida has no room for him, and he's thus being wasted sitting in the press box as the 7th d-man. I figure you may have already heard about it, but I thought I'd run it by. Overall, I'm especially curious to see how they rated all of my prospects. And I'm also hoping that the rumor about the posted ratings not being 'complete' is true. Otherwise, at least a few teams are going to have a bad time.

Last edited by EggsBenedict: 08-23-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old
08-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Eternal Sunshine

Quote:
EA is already addressing known exploits.

Source:

Other known exploits that are currently known should be easy to defend against if the person you're playing against isn't completely ********. However, you are right, the backward skating is, without a doubt, going to be overused. And I believe that the EASHL especially is going to be significantly more annoying than previous years. Not looking forward to that, to say the least.
That's good. I just think the whole thing is silly. I like that it is more apparent than in previous years, but I used to always press/hold L to square up to the puck/net when on offense, but now its going to do the opposite (turn away from defenders/goalie). And it makes the game feel like every player is Jeff Skinner who used to figure skate ffs. I was using Willie Mitchell in the demo,and although slow, the guy could probably go to the olympics for figure skating

Old
08-23-2012, 11:28 AM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
That's good. I just think the whole thing is silly. I like that it is more apparent than in previous years, but I used to always press/hold L to square up to the puck/net when on offense, but now its going to do the opposite (turn away from defenders/goalie). And it makes the game feel like every player is Jeff Skinner who used to figure skate ffs. I was using Willie Mitchell in the demo,and although slow, the guy could probably go to the olympics for figure skating
Has anyone fallen over for you yet? I haven't tested it for myself, but from what I could tell, it seemed to me as though everyone was able to make relatively sharp turns regardless of their skill level. Also, every time you go back to fetch the puck from behind your, or the oppositions net, it just ended up being a bad time overall.

In any case, I guess we'll just have to play it more so as to get used to it prior to it being released. Even then, though, I can foresee a lot of games being hilariously awkward experiences. Maybe Florida/Phoenix won't do so bad after all.