HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

XBOX 360 GM Connected League. Mike Milbury's Beach house!

Old
08-23-2012, 11:35 AM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

vCash: 500
Er, on another note. (paging Garfinkel) Have we decided on how many games in a season there will be? Because I've noticed there aren't exactly too many clubs who are expecting to play the full 82 game schedule. And really, if we want to play for multiple seasons (eg. 4-5 or whatever) it wouldn't seem especially logical to go with the classic schedule, considering there aren't too many people who can dedicate that much time to a single mode, let alone a single game.

EggsBenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:37 AM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticMoose View Post
Has anyone fallen over for you yet? I haven't tested it for myself, but from what I could tell, it seemed to me as though everyone was able to make relatively sharp turns regardless of their skill level. Also, every time you go back to fetch the puck from behind your, or the oppositions net, it just ended up being a bad time overall.

In any case, I guess we'll just have to play it more so as to get used to it prior to it being released. Even then, though, I can foresee a lot of games being hilariously awkward experiences. Maybe Florida/Phoenix won't do so bad after all.
I noticed that Dwight King did fairly slow, wide turns vs. Doughty basically spinning on the spot. So that seems pretty good. But yeah I'm thinking the same about the awkwardness and randomness. I just lost 1-0 on pro but scored 2 goals vs the comp on all-star (0-0 to start pro, lost 1-0. and 4-2 lead to start all-star, won 6-2)

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 01:58 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

vCash: 50
where has garfinkel been? he hasn't been active in this thread for a couple of weeks

InUtero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 04:37 PM
P U L L H A R D

yeah idk where he is. I sent him an XBL friend request ages ago and he never accepted. He had inboxed me asking to be co-commissioner, so I can make the league, etc. if he doesn't show up before sept. 11. I'm sure he will be around, though.

ALSO,
found a glitch goal that has worked for me a lot. Haven't tried it in "game" situation yet, but in free skate mode I take Kopitar around the net from the left, hold L trigger and stop/slow down when I am about to come around the right side of the net, and as I'm making the turn (and turning his body) to come out in front of Quick, pull back for a slap shot and let it rip. Only time I didn't score was because I missed the net wide a few times. Goes in far side every time its on net.

Old
08-23-2012, 10:23 PM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
yeah idk where he is. I sent him an XBL friend request ages ago and he never accepted. He had inboxed me asking to be co-commissioner, so I can make the league, etc. if he doesn't show up before sept. 11. I'm sure he will be around, though.

ALSO,
found a glitch goal that has worked for me a lot. Haven't tried it in "game" situation yet, but in free skate mode I take Kopitar around the net from the left, hold L trigger and stop/slow down when I am about to come around the right side of the net, and as I'm making the turn (and turning his body) to come out in front of Quick, pull back for a slap shot and let it rip. Only time I didn't score was because I missed the net wide a few times. Goes in far side every time its on net.
That sounds logical. Hopefully Garfinkel is able to participate, otherwise we'll probably want to get the word out somehow that there's a spot open in the league.

Yeah, that's one of the exploits that, if you're not sure how to look for it (and defend it), then you're going to have a pretty bad time playing the game I'd say. Unfortunately, much like the wrap around exploit where you go around the net; hold the loose deke button, and let it rip top corner, it can't be patched with a tuner update due in part to it being somewhat of a "grey" area. Or in other words, it's up to you to defend against that mode of attack.

Old
08-24-2012, 10:18 AM
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticMoose View Post
Actually... would Columbus be interested in a trade for Dubinsky? Don't think I'm willing to do anything too crazy like trading away Huby, but I do have a pretty deep prospect pool (see listed names).
I know this is a while back, but I've been without Internet for the past day. Yes I am very interested in moving Dubinsky. I would need to take a roster player back who makes some money (Kopecky maybe?) since with my impending firesale, I'm going to be flirting with the cap floor. After that I might go for someone like Quinton Howden and a pick. I'd like to see how prospects are going to look when the game comes out before agreeing to anything, but just know that I'm open to trading Dubi.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 07:17 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

What do you guys think of the demo so far?

Old
08-25-2012, 08:58 PM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
What do you guys think of the demo so far?
Don't particularly care for it. I appreciate that they are trying to get the physics of skating right, but its going to be a few more years before it isn't annoying/ odd/ obviously artificial. Passing has been slightly weird for me, too. Doesn't always go to the guy I intend, or to anyone at all, despite being fairly accurate (as far as I can tell). Hope that they tweek this demo more before they move out the final product.

How do you feel about it?

Last edited by P U L L H A R D: 08-25-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old
08-25-2012, 09:20 PM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

Yeah, pretty much what Eternal said. I especially don't like the board play this year. At least not thus far, anyway. Essentially it seems as though you can't dig out the puck anymore, so you have to hope the AI picks up on the fact that you have a player pinned to the boards quick enough so that they can dig it out for you.

Gotten a lot more familiar with the passing, though. At first, I was just lobbing them at my teammates, but after a while you realize that isn't such a great idea. Also, passing off the boards, and to your teammates feels a lot better this year. Or maybe it's just more useful now since opposing players can rather easily pick off your passes now.

Old
08-25-2012, 11:10 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

I've gotten used to the skating engine but in my first few games it was pretty hard to get used too. The skating is a huge improvement from NHL 12 although it isn't perfect I do enjoy it. I agree with board play every time I pin a guy against the boards and try to dig for it myself my guy will glitch out and skate back a couple of feet. The hitting needs improvement it feels all over the place I'll hit a guy pretty hard and just bounce off him as he just skates by me and sometimes it feels like I barely touch the guy and he goes flying I had the same issue with NHL 12. I've enjoyed the demo so far and can't wait for the game to come out!

Old
08-26-2012, 01:42 PM
P U L L H A R D

I have a feeling the game will quickly be corrected, if any of the current "problems" remain. There is usually a tuner update within a month or two, is there not? I feel like it will be even faster this year with the added GM Connected feature. All the guys who used to do that offline will now probably move to online, so even more demand for optimal online gameplay experience. So I am confident it will be a lot of fun. I look forward to playing Florida and ...StraightEdge, you're Winnipeg, right? I've forgotten

Old
08-26-2012, 01:50 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Yup haha seems like we're divisional rivals!

Old
08-27-2012, 04:36 PM
ayshplaysh

I'm currently involved in another league so I would like to resign from my spot as the GM of Carolina.

ayshplaysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2012, 05:04 PM
P U L L H A R D

garfinkel emailed me guys! he will be back soon

The K Man = NYI
Raven I = CAR

Old
08-27-2012, 10:30 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

I signed up for another league. I'm glad you can be in more than one

Old
08-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Skoal

Hey guys just wondering what your thoughts are on playing with or without a salary cap? I vote for having one as it would make free agency more competitive

Skoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 05:04 PM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

I'd definitely be in favor for playing with one [a salary cap].

Old
08-28-2012, 05:17 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

I want to play with one

Old
08-28-2012, 05:49 PM
P U L L H A R D

Yep sign me up for having one. Makes things more interesting.

Old
08-29-2012, 07:38 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

FIRESALE!!! ALL PLAYERS MUST GO!!!

Available
Jarome Iginla
Miikka Kiprusoff
Mike Cammalleri
Alex Tanguay
Jay Bouwmeester
Matt Stajan
Juri Hudler
Cory Sarich
Anton Babchuk

Maybe Available
Everyone else, if the deal is right

I need young players with upside ready to step into the lineup and prospects who will be ready for NHL action within a year or two. No draft picks please.

And we should absolutely play with a salary cap.

Last edited by WhereIsIt: 08-29-2012 at 07:44 PM.
WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 08:20 PM
P U L L H A R D

TE's Dad, I want a defenseman. Don't want to pay the price it'd take to get Bouw, so it'd have to be Sarich or Babchuk.

Wings have an abundance of bottom 6/9 forwards. I'm guessing Nyquist will be the prettiest piece I have to offer in terms of what you're looking for.

Old
08-29-2012, 08:25 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

Quote:
TE's Dad, I want a defenseman. Don't want to pay the price it'd take to get Bouw, so it'd have to be Sarich or Babchuk.

Wings have an abundance of bottom 6/9 forwards. I'm guessing Nyquist will be the prettiest piece I have to offer in terms of what you're looking for.
Nyquist fits the bill, we can work something out I think. Are you looking more at Sarich or Babchuk?

Old
08-29-2012, 08:27 PM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad View Post
Nyquist fits the bill, we can work something out I think. Are you looking more at Sarich or Babchuk?
Maybe we could expand the trade so that I could grab both? Like Nyquist + Kindl (depending on their potential, might need to add more/change the deal if their ceilings aren't as high as you'd like)

Old
08-29-2012, 08:33 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

Quote:
Maybe we could expand the trade so that I could grab both? Like Nyquist + Kindl (depending on their potential, might need to add more/change the deal if their ceilings aren't as high as you'd like)
Yeah, we can figure something out like this.

But don't pencil them into the lineup just yet because my Xbox just got the 3 red rings of death. Like, right now. Seriously.

Old
08-29-2012, 08:35 PM
P U L L H A R D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad View Post
Yeah, we can figure something out like this.

But don't pencil them into the lineup just yet because my Xbox just got the 3 red rings of death. Like, right now. Seriously.
Hate that. I'm on my 3rd or 4th 360. My current one has been good for the last several years, so knock on wood mine holds up. Good luck on yours getting better ASAP