New Jersey Devils Prospect Rankings
1. Jon Merrill, D (NCAA) University of Michigan, Drafted 38th overall 2010
2. Eric Gelinas, D (AHL) Albany Devils, Drafted 54th overall 2009
3. Scott Wedgewood, G (OHL) Plymouth Whalers, Drafted 84th overall 2010
4. Alex Urbom, D (AHL) Albany Devils, Drafted 73rd overall 2009
5. Stefan Matteau, RW (USHL) U.S. NTDP, Drafted 29th overall 2012
6. Reese Scarlett, D (WHL) Swift Current Broncos, Drafted 159th overall 2011
7. Damon Severson, D (WHL) Kelowna Rockets, Drafted 60th overall 2012
8. Reid Boucher, LW (OHL) Sarnia Sting, Drafted 99th overall 2011
9. Brandon Burlon, D (AHL) Albany Devils, 52nd overall 2008
10. Keith Kinkaid, G (AHL) Albany Devils, Undrafted Free Agent
11. David Wohlberg, C (NCAA) University of Michigan, Drafted 172nd overall 2008
12. Blake Coleman, C (NCAA) Miami University, Drafted 75th overall 2011
This has been done in years past and I always enjoyed seeing how us fans view the organization's top prospects in comparison to HF. Please make sure to post who you voted for and who you nominate to be added to the next poll.
I will be defining prospects based on HF's criteria.
1. If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.
2. An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to
the criteria above.
3. European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.
Here is the list of the organization's prospects that fit the criteria above.
Nominations- Faust (4), Pesonen (2), Kerfoot (3), Thomson, Young, Kelly
Last edited by RogueStatus: 08-10-2012 at 05:14 PM.