HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos/Jets

Old
07-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Hey look....another Boston trade for Kane that doesn't involve Seguin.....awesome
In what dream does Kane get you Seguin?

Take Buff and Lucic out and if you're willing to make a trade with Krejci involved, (I know it will take a LOT more,) then we can talk.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

vCash: 500
As a fan of both teams, I do neither.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyarenadotnet View Post
Absolutely, our Jets are pretty much following your model to a T. Think Toby would be well insulated and protect in Boston though, definately think his stock would rise with some protection.
If you're Jets were following the Boston model to a T then you wouldn't have a need for Enstrom and Byfuglien would be playing 3rd line LW learning the meaning of defense

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 03:26 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Creates a big hole in Boston's top-6. Horton's concussion is also something to think about. If he goes down the top-6 looks like Kane, Bergy, Seguin, Marshmont...&...crap.

Not interested.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 03:34 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Absolutely, our Jets are pretty much following your model to a T. Think Toby would be well insulated and protect in Boston though, definately think his stock would rise with some protection.
enstrom would be a great fit in boston, IMO...but not at the cost of lucic. assume if the jets are out of it this spring and can't sign him, enstrom would fetch a lot at the deadline.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 03:43 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkearney913 View Post
Jets get absolutely hosed.

Krejci's value is incredible low right now because he is clearly a spare part in Boston (with Seguin, Bergeron, Kelly, Campbell and Peverley down the middle).

Both Kane and Byfuglien are clearly worth more than Lucic, so this doesn't happen.

Boston will need to add SIGNIFICANTLY in order for the Jets to even consider. Like Dougie Hamilton-type significantly.
LOL. Glad to see you don't understand Boston's philosophy. The love depth at center and that's what helped us win the cup. Krejci's value is NOT lower because we have lot's of center depth. The reason you see Krejci's name come up in so many proposals is because teams tend to trade from a position of strength. Peverley and Seguin play wing for the Bruins and we could sub someone in to fill for Krejci if he were moved. Seeing as they gave him a ntc and a 5+ million per year contract I doubt the Bruins management view him as a spare part. As you can see from the thread about 1% of bruins fans wouldn't do the trade with the exception of the op. Something tells me bruins fans wouldn't be interested in adding let alone a top end talent. But keep dreaming. I can make stuff up as well if you like. Winnipeg would have to add SIGNIFICANTLY because Kane wants out and Buf is out of shape

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 04:35 PM
PJ StockBB

whats up with Bruins fans putting Lucic in so many proposals lately? maybe its just the OP but it seems i have been seeing it too much lately. not gonna trade him, and i wouldn't expect the jets to make this deal either. Lucic is going nowhere though, there really isn't another guy like him in the league.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
That would imply they're worth the same, which they aren't.

I'm not even sure Id take the OP deal, let alone sub Seguin in for one of them. Think all of us can agree this is a pass for both teams.
Works for me

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 05:06 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Kane and Jokinen for Seguin and Boychuk

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 05:08 PM
hockeyarena

vCash: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
Kane and Jokinen for Seguin and Boychuk
no thanks from a jets fan. Why would we want boychuck?

hockeyarena is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 05:09 PM
b in vancouver

As much as I want the Bruins to add another big-bodied 20-35 goal scorer to their top 9 (Ryan, Nash, Iginla, E.Kane, Doan etc...) in my fantasy world they don't have to give up anyone off their top 2 lines as the only reason I want another player like that is so that they can open up room for Lucic and Horton and really help wear down the opposing teams d-men. To create match-up nightmares so that 2nd pairing d would have to go up against Lucic Krejci Horton line and get worn-down.

Secondly - Why do people think E. Kane would carry anymore value than Lucic? Or that he has more upside? I base value on how I see a player impacting the pace of the game - and I think Jets fans would be thrilled if Kane ever gets to the level of impacting a game as much as Lucic does. I know he's younger and was drafted high but... I personally don't see him being as valuable as Lucic.

Boston's been lucky to have 4 players who consistently impact games these past couple years - Chara, Thomas, Bergeron (finally again) and Lucic (Seguin hopefully over the next few years will cement a place there also).

I like the Jets (I'm from Winnipeg and going there to hang out at my cottage in a few weeks) and was just talking to my brother that I thought they would win their division next year if everything stays the same and do think they are building a team in the Bruins model of balanced scoring and toughness but - there's no way I would trade Krejci and Lucic for Kane and Byfulgien.

b in vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 05:28 PM
BergyWho37

No way I do this !! maybe the value is close to other people but I would much rather have Looch and Krejci hands down

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 05:59 PM
pigeonsonpopcorn

Kane

Let's face it jets Kane wants out . David is the center that you need and may make Wheeler a top winger as DK got the Wheel noticed in the past . I say DK, Caron and a draft pick for Kane as it answers both teams needs !

pigeonsonpopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 06:37 PM
broc

The only way I'd let Kane go to Boston, is in a deal bringing Seguin back.

Either that or a big package coming back that revolves around Hamilton.

But Bruins fans are just as in love with those 2 guys as we are with Kane, so deals are unlikely.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
Originally Posted by broc View Post
The only way I'd let Kane go to Boston, is in a deal bringing Seguin back.

Either that or a big package coming back that revolves around Hamilton.

But Bruins fans are just as in love with those 2 guys as we are with Kane, so deals are unlikely.
Hamilton and Seguin are the two most important players in the whole organization right now.

I'd love Kane on this team, emphasis on LOVE, but he's not vital like Seguin or Hamilton are. Hamilton is our only reliable D prospect for the future and Seguin is our forward for the future. Kane would be a huge luxury on this team, but it's not worth it. We don't need a big, physical offensive-capable winger, we have that in Lucic. Yes, Kane will likely be better than him, but Chiarelli won't give up the future of this team for a luxury.

Old
07-16-2012, 06:49 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
LOL. Glad to see you don't understand Boston's philosophy. The love depth at center and that's what helped us win the cup. Krejci's value is NOT lower because we have lot's of center depth. The reason you see Krejci's name come up in so many proposals is because teams tend to trade from a position of strength. Peverley and Seguin play wing for the Bruins and we could sub someone in to fill for Krejci if he were moved. Seeing as they gave him a ntc and a 5+ million per year contract I doubt the Bruins management view him as a spare part. As you can see from the thread about 1% of bruins fans wouldn't do the trade with the exception of the op. Something tells me bruins fans wouldn't be interested in adding let alone a top end talent. But keep dreaming. I can make stuff up as well if you like. Winnipeg would have to add SIGNIFICANTLY because Kane wants out and Buf is out of shape
No he doesnt. And he's working on it.

Also I agree that these teams make fairly poor trade partners.

sully1410 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 06:55 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
No he doesnt. And he's working on it.

Also I agree that these teams make fairly poor trade partners.
I think you missed where I said if I wanted to make up stuff. I don't believe either to be true but your bad trading partners.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
Boston
E.Kane
D.Byfuglien

Jets
Krejci
Lucic
Why are the Bruins blowing up their team?

07-16-2012, 07:33 PM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Krejci for Kane seems fair.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 07:59 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

No thanks op

Kane goes if high end talent comes back
Sorry lucic and krejci isnt it

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
Krejci for Kane seems fair.
Picture someone skydiving off of a plane after escaping with the world's biggest diamond. After he jumps, he deploys his parachute and throws a piece of titanium into the motor, and the plane explodes, and the thief falls slowly to safety.

This is basically what the Bruins would do to the Jets if that trade went through. I do have too much time on my hands before you ask

Old
07-16-2012, 08:30 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Not a chance, Bruins get fleeced.

I love Kane but that would gut our forwards. Besides, I don't think Byfuglien is all that good.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:45 PM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
no thanks from a jets fan. Why would we want boychuck?
Well, he'd instantly become your #2 defenseman, but I agree, no thanks to that trade or the OP trade.

Lucic > Kane
Krejci > Byfuglien

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:51 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
Well, he'd instantly become your #2 defenseman, but I agree, no thanks to that trade or the OP trade.

Lucic > Kane
Krejci > Byfuglien
Really?

I guess it's one of those agree to disagree things.

sully1410 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Jets
Resident Sieve

Take out Krejci and add in Marchand and McQuaid. Wpg will throw in a pick to balance if need be.

Jets is online now   Reply With Quote