HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos/Jets

Old
07-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
No thanks op

Kane goes if high end talent comes back
Sorry lucic and krejci isnt it
Yeah true being first liners with shiny Stanley cup rings points to being mid to low end talent huh? You can keep Kane, I'd MUCH rather the other Kane anywho

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

op offer might be fair value wise... or favor boston... but as a bruin fan id still be quite unhappy with this much of a shakeup

our team just won a cup with our core and you are doing a massive mixup of the core now.

kane could possibly be a better power forward then lucic over the next 10 years but i have a suspicion kane will command a bigger salary too. lucic has proven he has the ability to dominate a playoff series. he may never be the next cam neely but you can win with lucic on your first line if he is healthy at playoff time.

byfulglin has made a career out of being inconsistient. fans who are upset because lucic had a bad playoff would freak over how byfuglin can disapear for 30-40 games at a time. dude is a great talent when he shows up those other 40 games though and he kills vancouver at playoff time which is a plus

krecji could easily be replaceable in a deal if it was the right deal.. imho seguin should be moved to center... but this wouldnt be the right deal for my money. it would be insane to move lucic in almost any deal cause the guy is monster when healthy. hes a one of a kind talent. gms go down in history as idiots when they trade people like lucic away.

if kane refuses to sign in winnipeg... the jets will ultimately have to make a deal under distress. they wont be getting back anything like seguin for kane. at that point in time maybe a krecji and a first for kane might made some sense for both teams? for now though as a bruin fan i say no to the op proposal

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:17 AM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
Take out Krejci and add in Marchand and McQuaid. Wpg will throw in a pick to balance if need be.
Big NO to Marchand. Talented...but a step in the opposite direction for us. We're trying to get bigger and more physical. Marsh is like 5'9"?
Talented as hell, but too small for us I think.

And I don't like him as a player...but the first point is more important.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 02:19 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
Well, he'd instantly become your #2 defenseman, but I agree, no thanks to that trade or the OP trade.

Lucic > Kane
Krejci > Byfuglien
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a guy like Boychuk on our 2nd pairing, but he can not bring what Bogosian can and I really don't think he is better now. But like I said, I'd love to have him.

Lucic>Kane before this year. Kane is surpassing him as we speak and will soon be long gone. But hey, Lucic is still a 1st line LW that brings a lot more then points.

Krejci scored at a .78 PPG rate this year.
Buff scored at a .80 PPG rate this year.
I'm not even going to try and compare the two because Buff plays such a unique way it's difficult.

Btw, to all the Boston fans that say they'd move Buff to forward, you should know that it was his idea to go back to defense and it has been his choice to stay there.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 02:21 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
Yeah true being first liners with shiny Stanley cup rings points to being mid to low end talent huh? You can keep Kane, I'd MUCH rather the other Kane anywho
Krejci is more ideally a 2nd line center on a top end team, or someone that can split top 6 minutes with another center.

But nowhere in that post did he say Krejci or Lucic were low-end talent.

What does Pat Kane have anything to do with this thread?

Old
07-17-2012, 03:37 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Krejci is more ideally a 2nd line center on a top end team, or someone that can split top 6 minutes with another center.

The last name.

Old
07-17-2012, 03:54 AM
jmeehan1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post

Evander Kane not Pat Kane

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 06:34 AM
bigbadbruins1

I would do something like Krejci, spooner, mcquaid and a pick for kane.
Solid 1b center, good prospect, a tough beat the **** out of you d man and a pick. doubt jet fans will like it but who knows.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 View Post
I would do something like Krejci, spooner, mcquaid and a pick for kane.
Solid 1b center, good prospect, a tough beat the **** out of you d man and a pick. doubt jet fans will like it but who knows.
They won't like it.

Kanes a potential high end elite talent, none of those assets from the Bruins are.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Pretty sure Boston doesn't need to add, holy **** Kane is almost becoming as overrated as Nash on these boards.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 09:19 AM
jmeehan1985

Few weeks back I listed a trade Proposal involving Lucic. Nobody thought he should be traded. Now I add Krejci. Both players are in there early 20's and could play on any teams top line. If anything Boston is giving up the most in this trade. Yes Kane could be Elite someday but were giving you two top 6 forwards. Byfuglien is 33 but still is a great player.

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Pretty sure Boston doesn't need to add, holy **** Kane is almost becoming as overrated as Nash on these boards.
Kane is a 30 goal scorer at 20 years old, hes a stud. Hed look amazing in a Bruins uniform.

I agree tho, I don't think I'd trade this package the OP suggested. It would weaken our forward corp (which could already be weak if Horton isnt healthy). I'd probably do the trade if we included a prospect and a pick instead of one of them, but then the value is most likely not up to snuff.

Bad trading partners me thinks.

Old
07-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
Few weeks back I listed a trade Proposal involving Lucic. Nobody thought he should be traded. Now I add Krejci. Both players are in there early 20's and could play on any teams top line. If anything Boston is giving up the most in this trade. Yes Kane could be Elite someday but were giving you two top 6 forwards. Byfuglien is 33 but still is a great player.
This is where you're wrong. Krejci isn't even OUR top center, and I could name many teams where he wouldnt be the first line center. They could both be in any teams top six most likely, which is a very different statement than top line.

Kane is WPGs future franchise face, if he isnt already. He isnt worth Seguin, but hes worth a pretty penny, which is why I can understand WPG fans being reluctant to trade him for the presented package.

Old
07-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonsonpopcorn View Post
Let's face it jets Kane wants out . David is the center that you need and may make Wheeler a top winger as DK got the Wheel noticed in the past . I say DK, Caron and a draft pick for Kane as it answers both teams needs !

Let's face it, you should inform yourself prior to making such specific and definitive statements.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...162690176.html

If Kane wanted out, why would he currently be negotiating a long term deal with the Jets?

Last edited by Gump Hasek: 07-17-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: spelling
Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Buff's 33 now? That's interesting....

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 08:19 PM
pigeonsonpopcorn

For Gump Hasek

Hey this for Gump Hasek go back to the article that Ryan Dadoun wrote July 16 2012 7:07 pm EDT pro talk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/16report-evander-kane-doesn't-want-to-negotiate-with-jets Not only do I have facts but I also have a gift from somebodyI know what's in his heart

pigeonsonpopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 08:34 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
Quote:
Evander Kane not Pat Kane
Thought I'd help explain it there. lol

Old
07-17-2012, 09:06 PM
agreen23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkearney913 View Post
Jets get absolutely hosed.

Krejci's value is incredible low right now because he is clearly a spare part in Boston (with Seguin, Bergeron, Kelly, Campbell and Peverley down the middle).

Both Kane and Byfuglien are clearly worth more than Lucic, so this doesn't happen.

Boston will need to add SIGNIFICANTLY in order for the Jets to even consider. Like Dougie Hamilton-type significantly.
I wasnt going to post in this thread because a lot of dumb things were being said but this absolutely takes the cake. Pure ignorance.

Krejcis value is incredibly low? I didnt know teams dont want a 26 year old center who has finished top 5 in selke voting and has 3 seasons of 60+ points out of his 4 seasons including a season of 73 points.

Kane and Byfuglien are clearly worth more than Lucic? What world do you live in? Kane is more valuable because he has a higher ceiling but no way in **** Byfugliens value is even in the same REALM as Looch's. Looch is 24 and has had back to back 60+ seasons and is feared around the league. His presence cannot be denied nor replicated. GMs around the league are trying to find the "next" Lucic. Not a single player in the league has the same skill set as Looch.

This trade will not happen. But the value is there. I cant believe you think Dougie would be added to this.

agreen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 09:15 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Why not just a deal around krejci and Buff?

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Why not just a deal around krejci and Buff?
Value may not be too bad, but I don't think buff would go in very well into the bruins system, obviously he is very talented, but his questionable defense makes him a tough fit, not to mention we are looking for a skilled winger not a bruising hybrid (not that there wouldn't be a place for him)

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Buff's 33 now? That's interesting....
You're too hard on him, say it like it is.

I am not buying warranties from him.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreen23 View Post
I wasnt going to post in this thread because a lot of dumb things were being said but this absolutely takes the cake. Pure ignorance.

Krejcis value is incredibly low? I didnt know teams dont want a 26 year old center who has finished top 5 in selke voting and has 3 seasons of 60+ points out of his 4 seasons including a season of 73 points.

Kane and Byfuglien are clearly worth more than Lucic? What world do you live in? Kane is more valuable because he has a higher ceiling but no way in **** Byfugliens value is even in the same REALM as Looch's. Looch is 24 and has had back to back 60+ seasons and is feared around the league. His presence cannot be denied nor replicated. GMs around the league are trying to find the "next" Lucic. Not a single player in the league has the same skill set as Looch.

This trade will not happen. But the value is there. I cant believe you think Dougie would be added to this.
I don't care to get in a pissing match about value, but I'd like to point out that Buff is also a one of a kind talent in the NHL. People around these parts like to act like he has negative value. He put up 53 points in 66 games as a defenseman. He's got amazing hands for his size and is unmatched physically when he wants to push guys around. On top of all that, his defensive woes are waaaaaaay overstated.

I'd never trade Buff in a million years if his perceived HF value is anywhere near how actual GMs would value him.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Fastasaurus

Kane for Krejci,Knight,Krug and a 1st. Lol K's

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 11:01 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
You're too hard on him, say it like it is.

I am not buying warranties from him.
Huh?

Buff is like 26 or something. His number is 33...

Old
07-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Fastasaurus

Dustin byfuglien
defenceman - wpg
video
number: 33
height: 6' 5"
weight: 265
shoots: Right