HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos/Jets

Old
07-17-2012, 11:12 PM
CreeksideStrangler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
Boston
E.Kane
D.Byfuglien

Jets
Krejci
Lucic
Not a fan of either team... Boston wins this trade

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
Few weeks back I listed a trade Proposal involving Lucic. Nobody thought he should be traded. Now I add Krejci. Both players are in there early 20's and could play on any teams top line. If anything Boston is giving up the most in this trade. Yes Kane could be Elite someday but were giving you two top 6 forwards. Byfuglien is 33 but still is a great player.
Byfuglien wears #33. His age is 27.

Flyerfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Be a Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
And why would a proposal for Kane involve Seguin?

I wouldnt do this deal from a Boston POV I don't think, I'm kind of on the fence. Kane wouldnt be that much of an upgrade production wise next season for us, and I've never been a huge fan of Buff. I'm still holding out hope that Krejci is the main part of a deal going back to the Ducks for Ryan.

Value looks decent I guess...but I'm gonna say no I think.

yeah right! your line up is so much stronger after this trade think about it ! you guys have all ready seguin bergeron down the middle plus you get a young stud like kane in this deal plus buff i think boston agrees to this deal easy

Be a Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:34 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonsonpopcorn View Post
Hey this for Gump Hasek go back to the article that Ryan Dadoun wrote July 16 2012 7:07 pm EDT pro talk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/16report-evander-kane-doesn't-want-to-negotiate-with-jets Not only do I have facts but I also have a gift from somebodyI know what's in his heart
That article is based upon a tweet from several weeks ago citing an anonymous source, FYI. That hardly equates to Kane wanting out, unless you can also cite and link to a direct quote from either the player or his agent stating that he wants out? The reason I ask is that I'm willing to link to an article quoting the Jets GM that states those rumors were completely false; Kane's agent also denied them IIRC. Hey, it was also reported on Tuesday by both TSN and one of the Winnipeg papers that they are currently negotiating a long-term deal, and they have been since the draft BTW, but if you want to continue to rely upon your magic 8 ball then go right ahead.

Nice use of the smilies though, well done, Son.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 03:13 AM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Quote:
Hey this for Gump Hasek go back to the article that Ryan Dadoun wrote July 16 2012 7:07 pm EDT pro talk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/16report-evander-kane-doesn't-want-to-negotiate-with-jets Not only do I have facts but I also have a gift from somebodyI know what's in his heart
This doesnt even make any sense. You what's in his heart? A special gift?

What does that even mean?

If he didnt want to play in Winnipeg he wouldn't be negotiating a 6yr deal, now would he?

Abd which do you think is a more credible source? NBC, a station in the states that prolly just found out where Winnipeg was because the Jets came back.... Or the local newspaper in a city where hockey is king?

Hmmm.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:40 AM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Buff is too fat to play forward.

I'd rather keep Krejci and Lucic. Lucic especially. Stop talking about trading one of the most feared wingers in the league.

Boston BROin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66theNBERofthebeast View Post
[/B][/B]

yeah right! your line up is so much stronger after this trade think about it ! you guys have all ready seguin bergeron down the middle plus you get a young stud like kane in this deal plus buff i think boston agrees to this deal easy
Um what? No it isn't at all. We're already looking for a top six upgrade, why are we giving up two top six forwards for one? Plus, whos to say Kane will outproduce Lucic next year? I think Kane will be better in the future, but we're trying to win NOW.

This trade leaves our top forwards like this...

Kane Seguin Horton
Marchand Bergeron Peverly
Caron? Kelly ????

Peverley as a top six winger for the entire season wont cut it...this is also assuming Horton stays healthy all year, which is a BIG if as well.

Like I said before, I think the value is fine I just dont think I do it.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:04 AM
jmeehan1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
Byfuglien wears #33. His age is 27.
Ya your Right I looked at his profile quick my bad

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:22 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Winnipeg are losing big time. Doubt that would land Kane alone , he is unmovable from Jets pov. If Boston added Hamilton it would make things closer.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Winnipeg are losing big time. Doubt that would land Kane alone , he is unmovable from Jets pov. If Boston added Hamilton it would make things closer.

Holy overpayment

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:37 AM
416Leafer

At least the proposal includes very significant pieces from both sides. Better than when you read proposals for E. Kane that include a bunch of spare parts.

Krejci would be a huge upgrade for Winnipeg at Centre, and Lucic is an extremely valuable / effective player. I probably wouldn't do it if I were a Winnipeg fan just because Kane is showing that he could be a perennial 30+ goal powerforward, possibly a PPG type of guy, but at least it's not that far off.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:41 AM
Oates2Neely

Kane is a great player. I'd love him in Boston, but the cost to acquire him would be too deep. Same as if Winnipeg came calling about Lucic,, too much. I really do hope Kane signs long term in Winnipeg, the Jets fans deserve to watch Kane lead their hockey team for the next decade, it's great to have a young physical goal scoring leader on your team.

However, Im not a fan of Buff. He's talented, but he's far too much of a wanderer, I fear he wouldn't adapt well to Juliens strict defensive system. And why doesnt this kid work out? He's far too young for man-boobs. Hit the gym son. Zero interest in Big Buff.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
You're saying Krejci and Lucic won't get Kane alone, and adding Hamilton would make it closer? Do you want Seguin and a first added to sweeten the deal? Maybe add Bergeron for the hell of it?

I think you're forgetting Lucic and Hamilton are unmovable from our pov.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:51 AM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Ya ok Brian Burke

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:39 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 1700
Quote:
Let's face it jets Kane wants out . David is the center that you need and may make Wheeler a top winger as DK got the Wheel noticed in the past . I say DK, Caron and a draft pick for Kane as it answers both teams needs !
Quite amazing that the guy who wants out is hammering out details to stay for another 6 years huh?

Quote:
You're saying Krejci and Lucic won't get Kane alone, and adding Hamilton would make it closer? Do you want Seguin and a first added to sweeten the deal? Maybe add Bergeron for the hell of it?
Deal! Wrap it up!

Last edited by WPGNYRFan: 07-18-2012 at 01:45 PM.
WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:50 PM
ORRMAN

Quote:
Hmmm, I think somene's stil butt hurt from the Kessel deal. I doubt Chiarelli would trade Hamilton straight up for Kane, considering Hamilton's upside and Kane's contract demands and attitude issues.

ORRMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 10:43 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRMAN View Post
Hmmm, I think somene's stil butt hurt from the Kessel deal. I doubt Chiarelli would trade Hamilton straight up for Kane, considering Hamilton's upside and Kane's contract demands and attitude issues.
For some reason...I doubt you know what your talking about. Attitude issues? Contract demands? As far as we know he wants to sign long teen in Winnipeg, how is that bad thing?

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 01:36 AM
calgaryflames1212

larceny by boston if that happens imagine a chara byfuglien duo!! :|

calgaryflames1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 01:38 AM
calgaryflames1212

Quote:
we re talking about evander kane there, not sidney crosby or malkin or ovechkin..
dougie hamilton is a future all star.. has the potential to be one.

calgaryflames1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 05:47 AM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Kane for Krejci might be decent value. Kane's single 30 goal season doesn't sell me on him being an elite goal-scorer; there are a lot of players who have had @30 but once or twice in their career before settling into an average of @20. I don't propose this is what will happen with Evander, but I wouldn't treat him as a perennial 30-goal guy until he IS.

As for Bufflin, I enjoy watching him play, he's had some great spells. However, I like watching him play on another team. No way I'd trade Lucic for Bufflin.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 07:05 AM
umwoz

People don't realize how exceedingly rare it is to score 30 goals at the age Kane did. It's something like 10 or 11 players since the lockout have done it, including Kane, and that list is filled with elite players. He projects to be a high production players, he easily has the potential to hit 40+ goals.

If you want to pry away Kane you will need to offer an equally high production player. Neither of Krejci and Lucic fit that bill.

EDIT: Here's a link to that list: http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...order_by=goals

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 07:48 AM
bruinforstanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
People don't realize how exceedingly rare it is to score 30 goals at the age Kane did. It's something like 10 or 11 players since the lockout have done it, including Kane, and that list is filled with elite players. He projects to be a high production players, he easily has the potential to hit 40+ goals.

If you want to pry away Kane you will need to offer an equally high production player. Neither of Krejci and Lucic fit that bill.

EDIT: Here's a link to that list: http://www.hockey-reference.com/play...order_by=goals
You don't think Lucic is equal to Kane?

Don't you realize that what you just described about Kane can also be said for Lucic? Ok, so Kane scored 30 goals at age 20. Lucic did the same at 22. Is there really THAT much of a difference? I'll go even further and suggest that if Lucic had played on a crappy team like Kane did, at age 20, he'd score 30+. To top it off, you have Krejci. 60+ points the past two seasons and he led the playoffs in scoring during the B's cup drive.

I appreciate how much Jet fans value Kane. He's a good, young player with great potential. Will he reach the superstar status that Jet fans seem to think he's already achieved? Than remains to be seen but IMO, I don't see him becoming a consistent 40 goal scorer.

The original trade proposal is a HUGE over payment, IMO. The Jets get two better players in the deal.

If I'm Chia, I offer NO MORE than Krejci, Caron, and a pick for Kane. Jets get back a solid 1st line center, a solid young winger on the upswing, and a pick. More than fair, IMO.

bruinforstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Seanahue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinforstanley View Post
You don't think Lucic is equal to Kane?

Don't you realize that what you just described about Kane can also be said for Lucic? Ok, so Kane scored 30 goals at age 20. Lucic did the same at 22. Is there really THAT much of a difference? I'll go even further and suggest that if Lucic had played on a crappy team like Kane did, at age 20, he'd score 30+. To top it off, you have Krejci. 60+ points the past two seasons and he led the playoffs in scoring during the B's cup drive.

I appreciate how much Jet fans value Kane. He's a good, young player with great potential. Will he reach the superstar status that Jet fans seem to think he's already achieved? Than remains to be seen but IMO, I don't see him becoming a consistent 40 goal scorer.

The original trade proposal is a HUGE over payment, IMO. The Jets get two better players in the deal.

If I'm Chia, I offer NO MORE than Krejci, Caron, and a pick for Kane. Jets get back a solid 1st line center, a solid young winger on the upswing, and a pick. More than fair, IMO.
And, as Chia, you get to hear the phone click and a call back go straight to voicemail.

Last edited by Seanahue: 07-19-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Seanahue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 08:06 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
And the, as Chia, you get to hear the phone click and a call back go straight to voicemail.
Exactly. Why would the Jets even be entertaining offers for a player that isn't for sale in the first place? Boston fans are free to theorize whatever they feel to be fair value in exchange for Kane in a trade, but in reality it is a useless exercise when one considers that the possibility of such a trade ever occurring in the near to intermediate future... is basically zero.

I'm thinking we'll just keep our twenty year old thirty goal scorer.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 08:12 AM
SCP Guy

Kane is the only player in this deal with star potential.....The other players are very good players but none of them will ever be a star IMHO....So the jets say no thanks

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote