HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PK Subban being shopped ?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2012, 08:36 PM
  #351
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,504
vCash: 500
Subban for Ryan is fair value for me, maybe small +. I'm biased though. That being said, no team does this.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 08:42 PM
  #352
Selanne138
Registered User
 
Selanne138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairygigolo View Post
Subban has unlimited potential. its hard to find a Defensemen that
has amazing stick handling that can carry the puck from end to end,
that has a great shot and great speed.
Hes also big, Hits hard and most of all he makes players go nuts,
gets them out of their game. you can put him on the PK and
make him play for over 25min easy per game.
Subban is a Unique defensemen. thats why hes worth so much.
in my opinion i would never give Subban for Bobby Ryan.
Bobby Ryan wont give to a team as much as Subban will.
even if Ryan scores 35 goals makes 60 points per season.
thats the only thing hell do. Hes not recognize to play on the PK.
so if he doesn't put any points on the board will he fight, Hit or play gritty?
i dont know if hes that kind of player.
And again don't get me wrong, hes an amazing power forward.
but if we compare the effectiveness to a team.
Subban will bring more. especially to the Habs...
I laughed at a number of things in this post.

1. hairygigolo
2. PK playing on the PK
3. Ecerything in this post being shifted to the left.
4. Bobby Ryan also plays penalty kill.
5. Bobby Ryan is in the top ~100 of NHL forwards in hits. I understand its an objective stat, but he does play physical.
6. You talk about everything you "can do" with Subban, and use all these words to describe him, but dont give any reasoning other than your opinion. But you just describe Ryan as simplay a 35/25/60 player. I doubt you watch any Ducks games, but Ryan gets 2nd line PP time. If Ryan gets 1st PP minutes he is a 40 goal scorer. And probably around an 80 point scorer, depending on ES linemates. Maybe get a little more informed on Ryan before posting about him next time.

Selanne138 is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 08:46 PM
  #353
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,424
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Perhaps, but his analysis of PK's play and abilities are exactly what we see from him night in, night out. I don't think it's a stretch to see him with multiple Norris nominations by the end of his career, at the very least.
At this point? I certainly think it's a stretch, as he is not a Norris caliber defenseman. You're extrapolating a curve in his development based on your own expectations. It's easy to see the best in a young player you're cheering for. He might fulfill those expectations, but for my money the top young defensemen, looking forward, are young defensemen like Pietrangelo, OEL, Doughty, Karlsson, etc... Defensemen who are not only younger than him, but already a step ahead. Frankly, the one characteristic they all share, that I think will hold Subban back, is hockey IQ. The best defensemen are typically the smartest as well.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:05 PM
  #354
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
I laughed at a number of things in this post.

1. hairygigolo
2. PK playing on the PK
3. Ecerything in this post being shifted to the left.
4. Bobby Ryan also plays penalty kill.
5. Bobby Ryan is in the top ~100 of NHL forwards in hits. I understand its an objective stat, but he does play physical.
6. You talk about everything you "can do" with Subban, and use all these words to describe him, but dont give any reasoning other than your opinion. But you just describe Ryan as simplay a 35/25/60 player. I doubt you watch any Ducks games, but Ryan gets 2nd line PP time. If Ryan gets 1st PP minutes he is a 40 goal scorer. And probably around an 80 point scorer, depending on ES linemates. Maybe get a little more informed on Ryan before posting about him next time.
Bobby Ryan is amazing but he wont bring as much as subban
will to a hockey team. especially for the habs.
Even if you take Bobby Ryan out the Ducks Lineup,
You will still have your Pillars on offense which is
Perry and Getzlaf.
if you take out Subban off of our Lineup. Theres nothing left...
But Markov but hes always injured so...

Greenstickytoes* is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:09 PM
  #355
hail2ducks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairygigolo View Post
Bobby Ryan is amazing but he wont bring as much as subban
will to a hockey team. especially for the habs.
Even if you take Bobby Ryan out the Ducks Lineup,
You will still have your Pillars on offense which is
Perry and Getzlaf.
if you take out Subban off of our Lineup. Theres nothing left...
But Markov but hes always injured so...
and you are saying this like its the ducks fault you aint got nothing else, obviously the trade will not work for both parties, but dont go out saying that PK Subban has more value then Bobby Ryan, come on dude PK Subban aint Weber, Suter, Doughty etc. take those biased glasses off

hail2ducks is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:26 PM
  #356
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
At this point? I certainly think it's a stretch, as he is not a Norris caliber defenseman. You're extrapolating a curve in his development based on your own expectations. It's easy to see the best in a young player you're cheering for. He might fulfill those expectations, but for my money the top young defensemen, looking forward, are young defensemen like Pietrangelo, OEL, Doughty, Karlsson, etc... Defensemen who are not only younger than him, but already a step ahead. Frankly, the one characteristic they all share, that I think will hold Subban back, is hockey IQ. The best defensemen are typically the smartest as well.
listen i was one of the first ones to want to trade subban.
but im not going to agree with you on your comment.
all the defensemen you named are all amazing defensemen.
Subban is as important as all of them. hes just different.
its all about opinion when it comes to there. some GMs would
prefer subban over pietrangelo. some wouldn't.

Greenstickytoes* is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:28 PM
  #357
Gliff
Wild Bill
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
no way the habs add + in a Subban/Ryan swap. I wouldn't even touch it 1-for-1.

yes, Ryan is more "established", but top-pairing minute eating 2-way dmen are worth more than 30g/65pt forwards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
If Montreal was trading P.K. Subban to the Ducks I would want Corey Perry coming back and nothing short of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Subban for Ryan is fair value for me, maybe small +. I'm biased though. That being said, no team does this.
Wow the hilarity of this thread has just gone to a whole different level.

Gliff is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:32 PM
  #358
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2ducks View Post
and you are saying this like its the ducks fault you aint got nothing else, obviously the trade will not work for both parties, but dont go out saying that PK Subban has more value then Bobby Ryan, come on dude PK Subban aint Weber, Suter, Doughty etc. take those biased glasses off
i think you should take your biased Bobby Ryan glasses off buddy.
i'm saying what is man.
if Subban was on the Market you would be surprised of what teams
would offer for him. I dont think you know what he brings to a team.
I NEVER said he was better than suter or Weber but i am ready to Bet
my house
that in 2-3 years from now he will be as important as both of them
are right now to their own respective teams. Hes different.
Not the same type of defensemen also.

Greenstickytoes* is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:38 PM
  #359
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2ducks View Post
and you are saying this like its the ducks fault you aint got nothing else, obviously the trade will not work for both parties, but dont go out saying that PK Subban has more value then Bobby Ryan, come on dude PK Subban aint Weber, Suter, Doughty etc. take those biased glasses off
and btw i never said it was ducks fault we don't have better players.
my point was that if subban was in ANA hed be playing on the
1st wave of PP. which bobby ryan doesnt ...
btw Bobby Ryan is good but he aint no stamkos either buddy..
relax a little..

Greenstickytoes* is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:41 PM
  #360
hail2ducks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairygigolo View Post
i think you should take your biased Bobby Ryan glasses off buddy.
i'm saying what is man.
if Subban was on the Market you would be surprised of what teams
would offer for him. I dont think you know what he brings to a team.
I NEVER said he was better than suter or Weber but i am ready to Bet
my house
that in 2-3 years from now he will be as important as both of them
are right now to their own respective teams. Hes different.
Not the same type of defensemen also.
same can be said about cam fowler for us, doesnt mean i put him anywhere near the level of Weber, Suter, Doughty, Karlsson, here in 3 years he might be as good, but in 3 years he might not even be in the league ( injury, regression etc )
TO YOU AND YOUR TEAM he is the face of your franchise, i thought Carey Price was? i guess i was wrong...whatever man, we agree to disagree, im sure if you put a poll out there with Bobby Ryan and PK Subban and ask who would you take right now, im sure Bobby would win!!

hail2ducks is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:45 PM
  #361
hail2ducks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairygigolo View Post
and btw i never said it was ducks fault we don't have better players.
my point was that if subban was in ANA hed be playing on the
1st wave of PP. which bobby ryan doesnt ...
btw Bobby Ryan is good but he aint no stamkos either buddy..
relax a little..
Bobby doesnt play 1st pp minutes because we have that one guy called Selanne, you know the pp specialist, if he scores 12 more pp goals he will be # 3 all time ( ALL TIME ) in case you didnt read it , and then you add Perry you know, rocket winner, hart winner, only 50 goal scorer in the 2010-2011 season, you know the season he out goaled stamkos??? yeah those guys. dude, watch some western conference hockey before you talk crap.

hail2ducks is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:47 PM
  #362
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2ducks View Post
same can be said about cam fowler for us, doesnt mean i put him anywhere near the level of Weber, Suter, Doughty, Karlsson, here in 3 years he might be as good, but in 3 years he might not even be in the league ( injury, regression etc )
TO YOU AND YOUR TEAM he is the face of your franchise, i thought Carey Price was? i guess i was wrong...whatever man, we agree to disagree, im sure if you put a poll out there with Bobby Ryan and PK Subban and ask who would you take right now, im sure Bobby would win!!
PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDN'T JUST COMPARE CAM FOWLER TO SUBBAN !!
wow you are biased buddy. im not even going to answer your comments
anymore....

Greenstickytoes* is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:50 PM
  #363
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Wow the hilarity of this thread has just gone to a whole different level.
perhaps you should watch Subban play a bit more

i've seen a good amount of Ryan over the years, nothing there to indicate he's worth a top-pairing future stud that Subban clearly prohjects to ve

Miller Time is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:51 PM
  #364
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2ducks View Post
Bobby doesnt play 1st pp minutes because we have that one guy called Selanne, you know the pp specialist, if he scores 12 more pp goals he will be # 3 all time ( ALL TIME ) in case you didnt read it , and then you add Perry you know, rocket winner, hart winner, only 50 goal scorer in the 2010-2011 season, you know the season he out goaled stamkos??? yeah those guys. dude, watch some western conference hockey before you talk crap.
OKAY!? and whats your point LOLLL ???
im talking about bobby ryan not perry????
if bobby ryan isnt on the first PP its because hes obviously not
the best player on your team.
If Subban was in ANA he'd be on the first PP wave.

wow what are you kids on?
im not insulting your team, im just saying that subban is more
important for a team then Bobby Ryan is. lollll
relaxxxxxx kids, relaxxxxxxx lollll

Greenstickytoes* is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:54 PM
  #365
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Wow the hilarity of this thread has just gone to a whole different level.
How is it hilarity if I admit I'm biased and that habs need to add?

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:55 PM
  #366
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?
 
Four Boilermakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,175
vCash: 500
If the Ducks are trading Ryan to the Canadiens, I'd imagine Plekanec would be part of the package going to Anaheim.

Four Boilermakers is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:58 PM
  #367
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
If the Ducks are trading Ryan to the Canadiens, I'd imagine Plekanec would be part of the package going to Anaheim.
I'd be okay with that, but unforunately for Montreal, I see them liking someone like krejci more.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:58 PM
  #368
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
How is it hilarity if I admit I'm biased and that habs need to add?
habs wouldnt need to add in my opinion.
Ducks with subban, without Ryan will be a better team.
Habs with Ryan, without Subban wont be a better team.

Greenstickytoes* is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 09:59 PM
  #369
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahleezer View Post
Don't know if this has been offered already or discussed but here goes.
This is my second post ever... so take it easy on me!

We all know the rumours that P.K Subban may be on the block because of contract talks between him and the Habs club not being too positive.

And we all know the constant rumours of Bobby Ryan being on the block as well.

To Anaheim:

P.K Subban D
Alex Avtsin RW
Darren Dietz D
2nd in 2013

To Montreal:

Bobby Ryan


Although the Habs create a hole in their Top 4 at Def, they do fill a hole on their Top 6 forwards. Bobby can fit nicely on the left of Pleky and Gionta.

Anaheim get their PMD with a gritty side to his game to slot into their top 2/4 and would also replace the loss of Vishnovski.

Discuss!

Where did you read that contract talks weren't going good between PK and the Habs? Sounds more like speculation rather than fact.

sheed36 is online now  
Old
07-18-2012, 10:00 PM
  #370
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairygigolo View Post
habs wouldnt need to add in my opinion.
Ducks with subban, without Ryan will be a better team.
Habs with Ryan, without Subban wont be a better team.
yes they would. The problem is, we need subban more than they do. Subban's value may be high, along with Ryan but Ryan is the more proven player right now and all that aside, they just would rather forward pieces i'm sure. Think of guys like krejci and such who might fit their needs better than subban.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 10:01 PM
  #371
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Where did you read that contract talks weren't going good between PK and the Habs? Sounds more like speculation rather than fact.
Well, he rejected his QO offer(obviously) then the rumour was he wanted a long term deal, habs wanted something shorter. They'll figure it out.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 10:11 PM
  #372
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Chacal667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,956
vCash: 500
That thread should be on plekanec in a good package deal for ryan. Forget subban...

Habs have a bunch of good prospects incoming and plecky is a pretty good second line center who play with consistency.

Chacal667 is online now  
Old
07-18-2012, 10:12 PM
  #373
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
Enough of all this crap.How about we keep P.K and you guys keep Ryan.
I know as a Habs fan i will be quite happy keeping P.K over Ryan. C- Ya

mytor4* is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 10:16 PM
  #374
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2ducks View Post
Bobby doesnt play 1st pp minutes because we have that one guy called Selanne, you know the pp specialist, if he scores 12 more pp goals he will be # 3 all time ( ALL TIME ) in case you didnt read it , and then you add Perry you know, rocket winner, hart winner, only 50 goal scorer in the 2010-2011 season, you know the season he out goaled stamkos??? yeah those guys. dude, watch some western conference hockey before you talk crap.
Well thats two players out of 5 you named on the PP. Who's the other 3 .
Maybe you should name your 5 PP guys and cut the crap by just naming two.
I want to know who the other 3 great PP that your puting out before the great B.Ryan.P.K is on our 1st pp unit.

mytor4* is offline  
Old
07-18-2012, 10:23 PM
  #375
hail2ducks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Enough of all this crap.How about we keep P.K and you guys keep Ryan.
I know as a Habs fan i will be quite happy keeping P.K over Ryan. C- Ya
I agree, i rather keep Ryan then have PK Subban, we dont need him, we have our equivalent in Cam Fowler...we both are happy!!

and to your next question the pp

Getzlaf, selanne, perry, Fowler and Lubo last season, this season it looks like its going to be Getzlaf, Selanne, perry, fowler and Souray...on paper that looks pretty good, so you are saying?

hail2ducks is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.