Notices

[#1] HFStars 2012 Top-20 Prospects - Discussion Only

Old
07-20-2012, 05:36 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

vCash: 157
Missed it, but I'll share what I think still.

#1 has to be Campbell for me. No one has his kind of potential, and he really is one of a kind. I also like the risk surrounding him as well, and think he's tremendously better than what most people say.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 07:08 PM
ginblossoms

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Forumwalker View Post
Only place? Everyone that's even talked about the draft or Campbell has noted his potential is of the franchise variety.
To me, Campbell's "franchise" status stems mainly from his superlative performances at the U20s, stepping up his game in high pressure situations. That lifted his draft stock and ultimately convinced Dallas to pick him in 2010's 1st round. Since then, he hasn't met the developmental expectations of a "franchise" goalie, both statistically and by accounts I've read from hockey "experts."

Goalie projections are so volatile that I'd very rarely put one atop any prospect rankings. For every Brodeur or Luongo, you have your Brent Krahn's and Brian Finley's.

That said, Campbell's still young enough to recover. His performance this coming year with an improved team in front of him should greatly affect any subsequent projections or "ceilings."

ginblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote