HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal Columbus Blockbuster

Old
07-17-2012, 12:49 AM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
Nash is 28...
Offensive goal scoring wingers peak is 23-28. Any reasonable projection for a guy like Nash says his best level of performance is in the past not the future.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 11:56 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon25 View Post
Nash does not want to go to Montreal

/thread
And i don't want Nash to go to Montreal.Also i rather have P.K.
I have no use for a 8 mil 70 pt player.Jackets can keep him.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:17 PM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
And i don't want Nash to go to Montreal.Also i rather have P.K.
I have no use for a 8 mil 70 pt player.Jackets can keep him.
You know people are going to talk about our 20 pt 8 mil player...dont open yourself up like that!

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
Ok, this is my first trade proposal so go easy on me.

To Montreal:
Rick Nash

To Columbus:
PK Subban

Columbus has been itching to trade Nash who doesn't want to play in Columbus anymore. However, they want a true star talent coming back, not Dubinsky and picks and prospects (no offence to Dubinsky, he's just not on the same level as Nash). Subban is a true star defenseman, and now with Murray, Johnson, and Subban, Columbus will look to have one of the better defenses going into their next era. Defense wins championships.

Murray Subban
Johnson Wisniewski

Pretty sweet.

Montreal apparently doesn't want to give Subban a longterm, high salary deal at this point, as Subban is still very young and has lots to prove. I have a feeling that part of their reluctance is based on the fact that Montreal has oodles and oodles of top defensemen in their system, most notably star junior dman Nathan Beaulieu. Simply put, Montreal can afford to not have Subban, and replace him with a younger, cheaper option. Montreal could, however use a more proven star player. Particularily a forward, particularily a large, all star, powerforward. They would be gauranteed to make the playoffs this season, I think.

Is this even possible?
Aside from value, this doesn't address the need for Columbus. Columbus is already thin up front and taking away the best forward to replace with a defenseman (an area considered to be strong for Columbus) simply doesn't make sense.

That is all....

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

By the way, why not put this proposal in the Nash thread? We've already seen too many Nash threads and completely obliterated all the arguments, counter arguments, sub arguments, etc. This will just bring another fan base into the mix and given Rick Nash hates Canadian teams it would only be more fun to have a new group of posters live this.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Greenstickytoes*

Quote:

To Montreal:
Rick Nash

To Columbus:
PK Subban

Columbus has been itching to trade Nash who doesn't want to play in Columbus anymore. However, they want a true star talent coming back, not Dubinsky and picks and prospects (no offence to Dubinsky, he's just not on the same level as Nash). Subban is a true star defenseman, and now with Murray, Johnson, and Subban, Columbus will look to have one of the better defenses going into their next era. Defense wins championships.

Murray Subban
Johnson Wisniewski

Pretty sweet.

Montreal apparently doesn't want to give Subban a longterm, high salary deal at this point, as Subban is still very young and has lots to prove. I have a feeling that part of their reluctance is based on the fact that Montreal has oodles and oodles of top defensemen in their system, most notably star junior dman Nathan Beaulieu. Simply put, Montreal can afford to not have Subban, and replace him with a younger, cheaper option. Montreal could, however use a more proven star player. Particularily a forward, particularily a large, all star, powerforward. They would be gauranteed to make the playoffs this season, I think.

Is this even possible?
#1. Rick Nash old and expensive.
#2. Subban is worth more.
plain and simple

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:

To Montreal:
Rick Nash

To Columbus:
PK Subban

Is this even possible?
Not gonna happen, first off the Habs would have to give up way more than Just Subban to land Nash. Second I think Nash would get eaten alive in Montreal, and would probably be looking for an out in 2-3 years. Wouldn't want him or his contract anywhere near the Habs.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote