HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Coach for hire: Contact B. Sutter, Red Deer AB

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Coach for hire: Contact B. Sutter, Red Deer AB

So where does Brent Sutter go from here? Is he happy being Lead Cowhand/Owner of the Red Deer Rebels, or are the bright lights of the Big Time beckoning?

The Phoenix Coyotes might be a possibility.

Old
01-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

i have a strong strong feeling he'll end up coaching Calgary. Daryll Sutter will become GM and Brent the coach. There were talks that Daryll didnt want to coach anymore and the two responsibilities are too much for him. So look for the younger bro to take over.

Old
01-04-2005, 10:50 PM
leafaholix*

There will be a vacant spot in Toronto soon.

Old
01-04-2005, 10:51 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDdY
i have a strong strong feeling he'll end up coaching Calgary. Daryll Sutter will become GM and Brent the coach. There were talks that Daryll didnt want to coach anymore and the two responsibilities are too much for him. So look for the younger bro to take over.
I also have a similar feeling. I think the two tandum would work very well because both are similar and would be on the same page, so the team would be built how the coach would want it to be done.

Old
01-04-2005, 10:52 PM
sunb

Ideal team for him would be a team with:

a good defense
a good crop of two-way forwards
a young and physical team

he doesn't need and I think may mishandle:

finesse players
solely offensive players
productive stars

With that being said, San Jose would be the perfect team for Brent Sutter. Fast, feisty and physical players and a great defense. No one great offensively but two-way play of Ekman, Marleau, Cheecho, Sturm and Macauley would be great.

But of the teams that need coaches, I think he could take over in Chicago and do a great job.
A great two-way forward crop with guys like Tuomo Ruutu, Curtis Brown, Matt Barnaby, Kyle Calder, Mark Bell et al.
A rugged defense in Berard, Vandermeer, Klemm, Cullimore, Babchuk and Quint with Seabrook and Barker coming up.

Old
01-04-2005, 10:52 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
I think he might stick around in Red Deer for as long as he can. He's got it made as an administrator and I think he likes coaching the younger guys.

If he was just the coach, the I think he would be chosen ASAP, but I think with all the time, money and effort he has put into Red Deer, he will be there for a long, long time.

Old
01-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

Having him in Toronto will be only be good if we're rebuilding. That i dont think we'll be doing soon.
I agree, Calgary is the best suit for him. He's coaching a Red Deer team, Alberta and has high hopes from a future Calgary star in Phaneuf.

Old
01-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Go Flames Go*

I too think Uncle Sutter will hire his Brother and start the Sutter dynasty takeover here in Calgary. There like twins, they talk the same, act the same, preach the same style of hockey, and Brent has said Darryl has taught him so much. As a Flames fans this would be one of the best scenarios for our team, they are both excellent hockey minds, and Albertans who care about community and our team.

Old
01-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDdY
Having him in Toronto will be only be good if we're rebuilding. That i dont think we'll be doing soon.
The Maple Leafs don't need to rebuild any time soon? I'd like to hear why you think that. This should be good (although probably better suited to a thread of its own).

Old
01-05-2005, 12:46 AM
Go Flames Go*

Chicago and San Jose already have coaches, and why would San Jose fire Ron Wilson when he just won them a division title and a trip to a west final. He may have no class at all, but he was succefull.

The Sutter tandem in Calgary will begin a new Dynasty in the NHL.

Old
01-05-2005, 12:52 AM
Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck
I think he might stick around in Red Deer for as long as he can. He's got it made as an administrator and I think he likes coaching the younger guys.

If he was just the coach, the I think he would be chosen ASAP, but I think with all the time, money and effort he has put into Red Deer, he will be there for a long, long time.
I am tending to agree with you... I think he'll at least stick around in Red Deer until his son has finished playing for him. But you never really know with what any Sutter is gonna do

Old
01-05-2005, 12:54 AM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Flames Go
The Sutter tandem in Calgary will begin a new Dynasty in the NHL.
What happens with Ron?

Old
01-05-2005, 01:03 AM
Go Flames Go*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Repairman
What happens with Ron?
He continues to scout with Darryl, and soon be smart enough to get a job somewhere else.

Old
01-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Ozy_Flame

Ron is a scout, BR.

Old
01-05-2005, 01:10 AM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
Ron is a scout, BR.
Yes of course. But if Brent joined Darryl and Ron it wouldn't be a Sutter tandem, now would it?

Old
01-05-2005, 01:32 AM
Human Megaphone

Not sure about everyone else, but coming from a big family myself I am not sure they would want to be so connected, being GM and coach together might be a bit of a sibling power struggle. Personally I see him striking out on his own before he went to work for a brother. In the end I would think Red Deer would be his best place, isn't he owner, GM and coach...hard to fold when you have all the cards.

Old
01-05-2005, 01:32 AM
Go Flames Go*

Quote:
Yes of course. But if Brent joined Darryl and Ron it wouldn't be a Sutter tandem, now would it?
The whole family will get jobs, and in the summer all the Flames players will get jobs on the Farm. Jarome and Dion can milk cows, while Robyn and Jordan harvest the potatoes, and Mikka and Daymond take thoose John Deeres on joy rides.

Old
01-05-2005, 01:51 AM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Megaphone
In the end I would think Red Deer would be his best place, isn't he owner, GM and coach...hard to fold when you have all the cards.
There's a Globe and Mail article just out that claims that's indeed the case.

Here

That said, a competitive man such as Brent Sutter is always looking for new challenges.

Old
01-05-2005, 02:13 AM
gr8haluschak

This is the type of coach the Oilers need

Old
01-05-2005, 02:22 AM
Go Flames Go*

In all honesty, I want Sutter to remain our coach, but if he does decide to be a GM, then the only 2 people I would like to take over would be Brent Sutter or Jim Playfair. That being said I look at our coaching staff like the New England Patriots Charlie Wiess and Romeo Cernell. 2 Assitants that should have head coaching jobs somewhere else.

Brent is a replica of Darryl.

Old
01-05-2005, 12:40 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8haluschak
This is the type of coach the Oilers need
I think most teams could say that about either Brent or Darryl. I'd love to see Brent coaching the Isles, but I highly doubt it will happen. Needless to say, whatever club does land him as a head coach will be a very happy club.

Old
01-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
There will be a vacant spot in Toronto soon.
not soon enough.

Old
01-05-2005, 12:53 PM
mooseOAK*

Brent Sutter happened to be at the right place at the right time with the WJC, a lot of experienced junior players and no NHL to take his best players away.

Old
01-05-2005, 01:00 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
The Maple Leafs don't need to rebuild any time soon? I'd like to hear why you think that. This should be good (although probably better suited to a thread of its own).
You can start the thread once the Leafs start coming close to missing the playoffs.

Old
01-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Shane

A retarded monkey could have led the Canadian team to gold last night.

Closed Thread