HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top Under 25 Players: Vote for Karlsson!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-16-2012, 10:52 PM
  #26
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
^This.

The poll is right after Karlsson won the Norris, he should win the poll hands down.

Who knows what happens next season. Maybe Karlsson has as good a year as he did this year, but what if someone has an even better season? Doesn't mean Karlsson is all of a sudden not as good because he didn't win consecutive Norris'.

It may shock some Sens fans, but Karlsson isn't going to win the Norris every season from now until he retires.
Lol, there is NO way that if Karlsson has a better season than this year that anyone can top it. I know that wasn't your point but just throwing that out there incase others get the wrong idea, haha.

Also, on the late point. GTFO!!

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:13 PM
  #27
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
^This.

The poll is right after Karlsson won the Norris, he should win the poll hands down.

Who knows what happens next season. Maybe Karlsson has as good a year as he did this year, but what if someone has an even better season? Doesn't mean Karlsson is all of a sudden not as good because he didn't win consecutive Norris'.

It may shock some Sens fans, but Karlsson isn't going to win the Norris every season from now until he retires.
Exactly, who knows. But who's your pick for Norris? Who in your opinion has a better chance of winning the Norris than Karlsson?

No freaking one. 21 year old winner. He's the favorite right now, and predicting someone else to win it is playing against the odds.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:31 PM
  #28
2Cowen
Registered User
 
2Cowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Exactly, who knows. But who's your pick for Norris? Who in your opinion has a better chance of winning the Norris than Karlsson?

No freaking one. 21 year old winner. He's the favorite right now, and predicting someone else to win it is playing against the odds.
Weber would of been my vote but since Suter left it will be very interesting to see how good he is without his partner.

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:45 PM
  #29
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson View Post
Weber would of been my vote but since Suter left it will be very interesting to see how good he is without his partner.
the same can be said for karlsson, btw.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:49 PM
  #30
2Cowen
Registered User
 
2Cowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
the same can be said for karlsson, btw.
True, but IMO Kuba's impact on Karlsson's play is not as high as most posters think.

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:53 PM
  #31
Liliaceae
Sens ❤
 
Liliaceae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,789
vCash: 500
Voted a few times today

Liliaceae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:23 AM
  #32
TrueGrit
Registered User
 
TrueGrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Letang is a damn good D-man. Maybe top 5 and maybe a Norris contender if he stays healthy.

But you guys are right, I'm just mad everyone is so down on Karlsson.
Why does something so insignificant make you mad?

TrueGrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:45 AM
  #33
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueGrit View Post
Why does something so insignificant make you mad?
Mad is a strong word. More like annoyed. Karlsson has trended upwards his entire career and you guys are putting him down.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 08:41 AM
  #34
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'
 
Marty Straka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson View Post
True, but IMO Kuba's impact on Karlsson's play is not as high as most posters think.
Funny cause Karlsson himself said his impact was a reason for his development

__________________
Marty Straka
Twitter: @JT_YosH
Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 08:50 AM
  #35
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post

It may shock some Sens fans, but Karlsson isn't going to win the Norris every season from now until he retires.
Or will he?

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 08:53 AM
  #36
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Funny cause Karlsson himself said his impact was a reason for his development
You're a 21 year old getting accolades at an age that only Potvin and Orr achieved. If the kid has been taught ANYTHING over the past couple years it's that he ensures he passes around praise and admits he hasn't done this alone.

That's young sports phenom 101.

I agree Kuba's impact has been overrated...not that it isn't worth mentioning. Kuba did a great job, but I think there's tons of Dmen out there on a similar payscale that could have done a very similar or even better job.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 09:34 AM
  #37
mcnorth
Registered User
 
mcnorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,021
vCash: 500
Doughty lost round one. Silly.

Also, we're going to miss Kuba's cool. Underrated attribute - guy never panicked.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 09:54 AM
  #38
Flamingo
Registered User
 
Flamingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 3,570
vCash: 500
Karlsson's eked out a small lead, it seems.

If you want some perspective on these contests, imagine how Pietrangelo's fans feel about their 2nd-round match-up.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:09 AM
  #39
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Most important attribute Kuba had was never getting flustered. He could make a terrible play and it wouldn't get him down. That's why I don't think Cowen is quite ready for the job.

Also, only Doug Harvey (4, 3), Pierre Pilote (3), Bobby Orr (8), Denis Potvin (2), Rod Langway (2), Ray Bourque (2,2), and Nik Lidstrom (3,3) have won consecutive Norris Trophies. There is definitely a chance of doing it but since 1990 only Lidstrom has. Its a tall order.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:32 AM
  #40
Sureves
Registered User
 
Sureves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 7,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Most important attribute Kuba had was never getting flustered. He could make a terrible play and it wouldn't get him down. That's why I don't think Cowen is quite ready for the job.

Also, only Doug Harvey (4, 3), Pierre Pilote (3), Bobby Orr (8), Denis Potvin (2), Rod Langway (2), Ray Bourque (2,2), and Nik Lidstrom (3,3) have won consecutive Norris Trophies. There is definitely a chance of doing it but since 1990 only Lidstrom has. Its a tall order.
Next year's Norris battle might be the most entertaining I've ever seen (born in 1990).

Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Letang, Weber, Chara, Doughty, OEL as a darkhorse all have a real solid chance at winning the trophy.

That's 6 for sure's, and 1 maybe, and you could also say Suter but I think he's going to be much ado about nothing now that he's not with Weber.

As for the thread, it's Karlsson at this point. Everyone is quick to say "Letang because he's almost as good offensively and much better defensively" when he gets to play with a ridiculously talented group of players and still got beat out by I believe .16 points per game by EK and their qualcomp numbers and GA/ON 60 are very similar.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:49 AM
  #41
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
Next year's Norris battle might be the most entertaining I've ever seen (born in 1990).

Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Letang, Weber, Chara, Doughty, OEL as a darkhorse all have a real solid chance at winning the trophy.

That's 6 for sure's, and 1 maybe, and you could also say Suter but I think he's going to be much ado about nothing now that he's not with Weber.

As for the thread, it's Karlsson at this point. Everyone is quick to say "Letang because he's almost as good offensively and much better defensively" when he gets to play with a ridiculously talented group of players and still got beat out by I believe .16 points per game by EK and their qualcomp numbers and GA/ON 60 are very similar.
Letang is okay defensively for a 1st pairing guy. Karlsson is below average defensively for a #1 guy. Not much of a gap for him to close. Letang is incredible and I put him in a top group for sure (I have no 1,2,3...) but its more because of his offensive ability while simply not being a liability.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:55 AM
  #42
PatrickEaves
We Lost
 
PatrickEaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
the same can be said for karlsson, btw.
That being said, Suter is still way better than Kuba.

__________________
No, I'm not a girl. Stop asking!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBlQ4ybRWH8
PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:58 AM
  #43
2Cowen
Registered User
 
2Cowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Funny cause Karlsson himself said his impact was a reason for his development
Of course he is going to say that, don't think anyone would expect him to say anything else. My point is that Kuba's skill or "presence" can be replaced much easier than that of Suter's

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 11:06 AM
  #44
mcnorth
Registered User
 
mcnorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,021
vCash: 500
I like EK's chances since he's won one now. Seems a lot of voters vote based on rep - here's hoping EK can become the 'safe' pick.

mcnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:04 PM
  #45
Sureves
Registered User
 
Sureves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 7,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Letang is okay defensively for a 1st pairing guy. Karlsson is below average defensively for a #1 guy. Not much of a gap for him to close. Letang is incredible and I put him in a top group for sure (I have no 1,2,3...) but its more because of his offensive ability while simply not being a liability.
I agree for the most part, Letang is who I have in the #2 spot, but my rankings do fluctuate throughout the year because there's 6 guys who are all amazing in their own right

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 01:07 PM
  #46
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Looks like our boy won

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 02:43 PM
  #47
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,710
vCash: 500
yep, but I dont see him beating out giroux.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 03:01 PM
  #48
KarlssonMarx
Be Red
 
KarlssonMarx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
The final will probably be Eberle vs. Hall cause Edmonton fans have nothing better to do

KarlssonMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 08:09 PM
  #49
Grewuponthesens
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson View Post
True, but IMO Kubina's impact on Karlsson's play is not as high as most posters think.
Fixed

Grewuponthesens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 08:42 PM
  #50
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront
 
QuietOnTheFront's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
I don't see how there's an argument..

Karlsson won the Norris and he's only 22.

In summation..

Karlsson = Norris, Letang = No Norris.

QuietOnTheFront is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.