HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Man of Steel

Old
07-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
It's true, I guess because in some way it's a "passive" form of killing....like "Oh well, you should have broken your fall yourself" that it's okay?

But the problem here with Man of Steel is that hundreds or thousands were being killed by his fooling around with Zod, until finally when it was somehow personalized, he figured out what had to be done.
Well Superman wasn't around when the World Engine was on so there was literally nothing he could do about those lives lost. He busted the machine on the other side of the world and then came back.

The way the battle unfolded, there just was no way everyone was gonna make it out okay. Should he have led Zod out into the country to fight like Goku in DBZ? Totally, but it's not like he suddenly discovered he's gonna have to kill Zod at the end there. It's just the only time he was in a position to actually do it.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 01:25 PM
JS19
Four Kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
Who told you that killing Zod was the "most largest" criticism of the movie?

I know it definitely wasn't for me. It was pretty minor, actually.
You should see the last page or so, someone already debated how Superman killing was a stupid decision, when in actuality comics dating back to the Golden Age, and animated series, and even live-action films HAVE depicted Superman killing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Well Superman wasn't around when the World Engine was on so there was literally nothing he could do about those lives lost. He busted the machine on the other side of the world and then came back.

The way the battle unfolded, there just was no way everyone was gonna make it out okay. Should he have led Zod out into the country to fight like Goku in DBZ? Totally, but it's not like he suddenly discovered he's gonna have to kill Zod at the end there. It's just the only time he was in a position to actually do it.
Except Superman had instances where he tried to take the battle to the skies (hence we see him punch Zod repeatedly in the sky), but Zod returns to the city to continue to decimate buildings and people (even though empty skyscrapers are suggesting that not everyone was killed in the collapses).

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Jussi
Dat Times Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Definitely, I agree. I think I have the Donner Cut DVD.... somewhere. I've never watched it though.
Youtube. Seems to be many clips there.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 02:28 PM
aleshemsky83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post

Cell leveled an entire city on gokus watch dont you remember?

aleshemsky83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 02:30 PM
aleshemsky83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
Who told you that killing Zod was the "most largest" criticism of the movie?

I know it definitely wasn't for me. It was pretty minor, actually.
I think he was referencing my post where my friend told me a bunch of people walked out right when it happened

aleshemsky83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleshemsky83 View Post
Cell leveled an entire city on gokus watch dont you remember?
It was just an example lol sheesh.

And I was referring to Android's 19 and 20

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 04:15 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I enjoyed the movie, I think people were being way to harsh on it. For me personally it was a little too CGI heavy. I liked Cavill as Superman which is important going forward, he did a good job and looked the part, oddly enough I felt the strongest parts of the movie were with Kevin Costner, really liked him, great actor.

Moving forward, you could see some hints towards a Batman movie. For me when General Zod said something along the lines of "I HAVE MASTERED MY SENSES AND YOU HAVE NOT" my brain immediately made a Batman connection. If you recall the over-riding theme in Batman Begins is Bruce Wayne mastering his senses, so I feel like they were planting the seeds there. then you have the Wayne enterprises logo in the film, maybe Clark will start "investigating" them and that's how they are introduced to each other

Last edited by KEEROLE Vatanen: 07-28-2013 at 04:52 AM.
KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 03:40 PM
Vamos Rafa
Ban ADT

Finally saw it!

Spoil:
At the end, when Clark started his new job at Daily Planet, did Lois already know he was Superman? Didn't she keep calling him Clark before? Oh yeah, during the movie, I thought this version wanted to show us that Clark/Superman never worked for the Daily Planet.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 08:39 PM
JS19
Four Kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
Finally saw it!

Spoil:
At the end, when Clark started his new job at Daily Planet, did Lois already know he was Superman? Didn't she keep calling him Clark before? Oh yeah, during the movie, I thought this version wanted to show us that Clark/Superman never worked for the Daily Planet.
Spoil:
Yeah, Lois already knew who Clark really is, so she was quiet/acted differently so as to not blow his cover. It makes the "welcome to the Planet" line that much more effective IMO, especially since it was intended to be a double entendre to Clark.

JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote