HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sharks-Senators

Old
07-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Sens Mile

vCash: 500
Sharks-Senators

To Ottawa: Andrew Desjardins

To San Jose: Erik Condra

Ottawa needs more team toughness on their roster with the loss of Carkner and Konopka. Desjardins would serve that role nicely and would fit in well with the Senators framework as an energy foward.

San Jose gets a guy who can play a solid two way game and can play on any of the top four lines. Is versatile and would be the equivlency of a decent position player in baseball.

As always flame on

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:40 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Mile View Post
To Ottawa: Andrew Desjardins

To San Jose: Erik Condra

Ottawa needs more team toughness on their roster with the loss of Carkner and Konopka. Desjardins would serve that role nicely and would fit in well with the Senators framework as an energy foward.

San Jose gets a guy who can play a solid two way game and can play on any of the top four lines. Is versatile and would be the equivlency of a decent position player in baseball.

As always flame on
Although the prospect of losing a center would probably give Wilson chills, he is addicted you know... He would pull the trigger on this trade

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Rickety Cricket

Someone tell me about Condra and why I shouldn't immediately say yes

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:49 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
He is the Sens top pker

Old
07-16-2012, 11:50 PM
CaptainGiggles
Summer Can Distract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
Decent defensive player, good on the pk. Zero offensive/physical upside. Ugly as sin.

CaptainGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:52 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieforever11 View Post
Decent defensive player, good on the pk. Zero offensive/physical upside. Ugly as sin.
Murray would have sold DW after saying good on pk

Old
07-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

I actually like Desjardins on as the 4th/3rd line center. Condra is good but we don't have any other bottom line centers.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:38 AM
TSA0402

Rather keep Condra. Great guy to have 4th line PKer. Ottawa really doesn't have alot of good replacements for him.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
I actually like Desjardins on as the 4th/3rd line center. Condra is good but we don't have any other bottom line centers.
James Sheppard...the Sharks have invested a decent bit in him.

07-17-2012, 11:17 AM
JackBauer

The best proposals are the ones in which both fanbases have never heard of the players involved and automatically say "sure, why not"

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 11:23 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Rather keep Condra. Great guy to have 4th line PKer. Ottawa really doesn't have alot of good replacements for him.
O'brien?

Hoffman can PK, is much more skilled, not ugly, and can PP quarterback.

Zibanejad can PK.
Silfverberg can PK.

I think we do have replacements for the PK.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 11:23 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
I want to say no just because I love Mr. 69 too much.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
The best proposals are the ones in which both fanbases have never heard of the players involved and automatically say "sure, why not"

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Ice View Post
James Sheppard...the Sharks have invested a decent bit in him.
Well, if we keep Desjardins, we hopefully won't have to see Handzus play.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 11:46 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
O'brien?

Hoffman can PK, is much more skilled, not ugly, and can PP quarterback.

Zibanejad can PK.
Silfverberg can PK.

I think we do have replacements for the PK.
Paul MacLean can PK. Doesn't mean I want him on the ice when the opposition has a power play.

I'd want Condra, not O'Brien, not Hoffman.

Old
07-17-2012, 11:54 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
Paul MacLean can PK. Doesn't mean I want him on the ice when the opposition has a power play.

I'd want Condra, not O'Brien, not Hoffman.
Obrien had way better PK numbers...so i don't know why you'd rather condra over o'brien.

You'd rather have 7.58GA/60min on the pk with condra then 4.52GA/60min with obrien? I don't know what to tell ya.

Old
07-17-2012, 11:59 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Obrien had way better PK numbers...so i don't know why you'd rather condra over o'brien.

You'd rather have 7.58GA/60min on the pk with condra then 4.52GA/60min with obrien? I don't know what to tell ya.
I'd rather make a judgement on a guy who plays more than 30 games in a season. Not someone who joins once the team improves. Those numbers look staggering, however. O'Brien really doesn't look that good on the ice, at all.

Old
07-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Maybe a Sharks fan could fill us in on how Desjardins plays?

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:03 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
I'd rather make a judgement on a guy who plays more than 30 games in a season. Not someone who joins once the team improves. Those numbers look staggering, however. O'Brien really doesn't look that good on the ice, at all.
What do you mean "once the team improves". Weren't we first or second in the east in november? Or top 5 in january? The team started to struggle...then he was brought in when they did some juggling to turn the ship back around.

Yet you made it seem like we sucked at the start of the year and then started to dominate and obrien tagged along for the ride...when it's quite the opposite. We started strong, and then started to sink...obrien was brought in and did well. I don't even like the guy. lol. He's just as ugly as condra...though more symmetrical.

And about this 30 game sample thing...O'brien was a good PKer in highschool, in college, in junior, and in the AHL. Then he comes up to the NHL and does well on the PK. Why would he all of a sudden forget how to PK. If anything, we should expand his role on the PK because he keeps showing to be a great PKer at every level.

Just because you aren't firmiliar with o'brien's PK abilities doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to fill condra's shoes on the PK. He already showed great abilities last year. Perhaps he was being groomed to replace condra's pk all along,while also bringing more to the table in other areas such as size, forecheck, and hidden offensive potential. He's also 3 years younger then condra which fits in with the rebuild.

I think o'brien's awkward stride is throwing you off. You say he doesn't "look that good on the ice"...He looks like he can't skate properly...despite being deceptively fast and moving around the ice quite quickly. He definitely doesn't have a smooth stride like a havlat/hossa/fisher does which we're used to.

Last edited by jbeck5: 07-17-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old
07-17-2012, 12:12 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
What do you mean "once the team improves". Weren't we first or second in the east in november? Or top 5 in january? The team started to struggle...then he was brought in when they did some juggling to turn the ship back around.

Yet you made it seem like we sucked at the start of the year and then started to dominate and obrien tagged along for the ride...when it's quite the opposite. We started strong, and then started to sink...obrien was brought in and did well. I don't even like the guy. lol. He's just as ugly as condra...though more symmetrical.
Yea we started real strong. We were great at losing five games then winning six. The close to Boston comment has more to do with an epic collapse on their part than Ottawa being world beaters.

He was along for the ride, he wasn't that impressive. For a fourth liner he was alright, but nothing more. Those numbers are over a 28 game span. If he can keep it under 5 goals for a full season, thats very impressive. Also Ottawa has enough centers. In fact too many that, some might convert to wing.

Old
07-17-2012, 12:18 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Just because you aren't firmiliar with o'brien's PK abilities doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to fill condra's shoes on the PK. He already showed great abilities last year. Perhaps he was being groomed to replace condra's pk all along,while also bringing more to the table in other areas such as size, forecheck, and hidden offensive potential. He's also 3 years younger then condra which fits in with the rebuild.

I think o'brien's awkward stride is throwing you off. You say he doesn't "look that good on the ice"...He looks like he can't skate properly...despite being deceptively fast and moving around the ice quite quickly. He definitely doesn't have a smooth stride like a havlat/hossa/fisher does which we're used to.
No, the fact he doesn't do very much for this team is what throws me off.

I suppose you're going to show me that O'Brien was PKing against top players too, because I can't remember him being used as a primary, at all. What was his PK TOI per game compared to Condra?

Old
07-17-2012, 12:18 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Yea we started real strong. We were great at losing five games then winning six. The close to Boston comment has more to do with an epic collapse on their part than Ottawa being world beaters.

He was along for the ride, he wasn't that impressive. For a fourth liner he was alright, but nothing more. Those numbers are over a 28 game span. If he can keep it under 5 goals for a full season, thats very impressive. Also Ottawa has enough centers. In fact too many that, some might convert to wing.
I feel like randomly putting my lines since i have yet to do so.

Michalek-spezza-silfverberg(silf would be rotated out depending on how he does)
latendresse-turris-alfredsson
Greening-smith-Regin
Zibanejad-o'brien-neil

Switch around regin/zib if needed...roll 2 3rd lines. I see condra and butler battling it out for the 13th spot with the loser getting traded or put on waivers. Maybe zibanejad starts in the AHL with butler/condra fighting for the 12th and 13th spots.

Either way,i see butler/obrien/condra as expendable for guys like stone/petersson/noesen/puempel in the next year or two.

Old
07-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
If Condra is in your top 6, you're in trouble.
Great energy guy though!

Do Make Say Think is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 12:24 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
No, the fact he doesn't do very much for this team is what throws me off.

I suppose you're going to show me that O'Brien was PKing against top players too, because I can't remember him being used as a primary, at all. What was his PK TOI per game compared to Condra?
Condra played a bit over 30 seconds more. I don't have the stats open anymore but it was something like.

2:35 per game with condra an 1:57 with o'brien...these are rough estimates**

Nothing significant. Both in the top 3 Forwards if i recall correctly.

Old
07-17-2012, 12:25 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
I feel like randomly putting my lines since i have yet to do so.

Michalek-spezza-silfverberg(silf would be rotated out depending on how he does)
latendresse-turris-alfredsson
Greening-smith-Regin
Zibanejad-o'brien-neil

Switch around regin/zib if needed...roll 2 3rd lines. I see condra and butler battling it out for the 13th spot with the loser getting traded or put on waivers.
Alot of this is dependant on Alfredsson. This lineup is going to look drastically different without him.