HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Libbs

vCash: 500
Let all the other fans come out of hiding and chirp all they want.

I would like to know the actual players this stems over.

Pretty harsh penalty... but don't expect the same to happen to the other teams that do the same thing. You will NEVER see London or Kitchener on the other side of these things.

Old
08-10-2012, 12:05 PM
izzys

wow Good job branch another way to stick it in our a**

If it was anything to do with ho-sang

ill be pissed because it goes on everywhere

and if we dont get the mem cup watch everyone who backs off and dont renew there season tickets

everything windsor did so good building a good system here out the window

Old
08-10-2012, 12:13 PM
SpItFiReZ

Investigation started over a year ago and supposivly will not affect our Memorial cup bid (yeah right)

Old
08-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Libbs

Somehow I doubt this has anything to do with Ho Sang... just look at the draft and the 4 teams ahead of us got the exact player they were in need of.

The only players I can see this being over is between Fowler, Campbell, or Ebert.

Old
08-10-2012, 12:25 PM
DEVSTER

Yo, the recent comment that was posted was my little brother screwing around with my account. I am sorry if he caused you guys any trouble.

Old
08-10-2012, 12:26 PM
bidzey

well, you want to play... you gotta pay!!

so now what with the 1rst and second round picks for the flow with the other teams?

Old
08-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Somehow I doubt this has anything to do with Ho Sang... just look at the draft and the 4 teams ahead of us got the exact player they were in need of.

The only players I can see this being over is between Fowler, Campbell, or Ebert.
Sunaya said ex-players (so no current Spits) and there would be a "Wow" factor to them. I'm guessing Fowler and Campbell. I remember during the Campbell trade issues last season that his family was pretty pissed off. Also the Fowler issue has always been a commonly known rumor reaching outside of the in-the-know folks.

Old
08-10-2012, 12:28 PM
hockeylegend11

I wonder where the 400,000 is going dispersed to other teams so they can buy players just wondering

Old
08-10-2012, 12:49 PM
SpItFiReZ

@sunayas: Windsor Spitfires denying allegations: "We will pursue all avenues of appeal regarding the decision made by the Commissioner, David Branch"

Old
08-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpItFiReZ View Post
@sunayas: Windsor Spitfires denying allegations: "We will pursue all avenues of appeal regarding the decision made by the Commissioner, David Branch"
In other news...water is wet!

Just kidding...you would have figured that was the next course of action.

Old
08-10-2012, 12:51 PM
CR15

Have a hard time fathoming of all the higher end American players that have came to the O in the past cpl seasons the Spits were the only ones not doing it legit.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:04 PM
SpItFiReZ

If this actually sticks, I would love to see Rychel go get Tochinsky so we have some young forwards to build with if we have no picks. Sorry Pav

Old
08-10-2012, 01:15 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpItFiReZ View Post
If this actually sticks, I would love to see Rychel go get Tochinsky so we have some young forwards to build with if we have no picks. Sorry Pav
Spits will appeal but if Branch is the judge, jury and executioner I doubt the ruling gets overturned. If that's the case you trade Braithwaite, Posa, Pavelka, Czinder and any 19 year olds to get picks and start the process over. You can't look to take this year seriously after these allegations and possible penalties.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:23 PM
hockeylegend11

Guess this was not an agreed upon punishment unlike Penn State with the Spits appealing
You would think if they were completly guilty they would take the punishment and regroup
What happens if its proven there was 1 violation do the penalties get sawed in half,just wondering

Old
08-10-2012, 01:25 PM
izzys

I cant wait for branch to come back to windsor .... it will be great

i will have my $8 beer ready to throw at him

hahahahahha

but all in all if this is the case that we lose all these picks we need to trade our high end import picks and get something in return

and from now on windsor will be known as the left overs because that is all we r going to get

thanks branch

Old
08-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Keystone Light

Watson and Fowler maybe?

Old
08-10-2012, 01:29 PM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
I cant wait for branch to come back to windsor .... it will be great

i will have my $8 beer ready to throw at him

hahahahahha

but all in all if this is the case that we lose all these picks we need to trade our high end import picks and get something in return

and from now on windsor will be known as the left overs because that is all we r going to get

thanks branch
Instead of thanking Branch, why don't you thank your management staff for their recruiting blunder/cover-up blunder?

They're the only ones to thank for this.

I love how Windsor posters on a few forums are denying and placing blame on everyone but their own organization.

But you're right, it's Branch's fault your organization inappropriately compensated players to come and play for you and then got caught. Shame on branch, Shame!

Old
08-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Libbs

What this boils down to is a witch hunt. The NCAA watch dog is breathing down the OHL's neck and Branch felt the time was now to put someone's head on a spike!

Old
08-10-2012, 01:30 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Guess this was not an agreed upon punishment unlike Penn State with the Spits appealing
You would think if they were completly guilty they would take the punishment and regroup
What happens if its proven there was 1 violation do the penalties get sawed in half,just wondering
Probably so if it was just 1 violation but like I said if Branch is judge, jury and executioner then your chances of winning an appeal are pretty slim. Rebuild again this year and see what you can do for 2014 and 2015.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Libbs

How about we wait for the appeal process to be finalized first before making any more accusations.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:32 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
How about we wait for the appeal process to be finalized first before making any more accusations.
Other fans just want to put dirt on a grave and yes it doesn't look good but you certainly have to appeal this. This will be the first time an appeal has been heard for something like this, you need to see the process and it has to be proper. If Branch wants to go about things like he has in the past then that's his choice but it will only hurt the league in the long run.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:37 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Other fans just want to put dirt on a grave and yes it doesn't look good but you certainly have to appeal this. This will be the first time an appeal has been heard for something like this, you need to see the process and it has to be proper. If Branch wants to go about things like he has in the past then that's his choice but it will only hurt the league in the long run.
Rayzor

Good pts raised in my mind this only hurts the league

Old
08-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I don't get it. How will it hurt the league if accusations are proven correct? I'd say it levels the playing field.

I can't imagine the league would have announced the sanctions without having sufficient evidence and anticipating an appeal.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
I can't imagine the league would have announced the sanctions without having sufficient evidence and anticipating an appeal.
Yes...because that NEVER happens. You know, laying accusations on someone and not having proper evidence. NEVER!

Old
08-10-2012, 01:42 PM
izzys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Instead of thanking Branch, why don't you thank your management staff for their recruiting blunder/cover-up blunder?

They're the only ones to thank for this.

I love how Windsor posters on a few forums are denying and placing blame on everyone but their own organization.

But you're right, it's Branch's fault your organization inappropriately compensated players to come and play for you and then got caught. Shame on branch, Shame!

Its funny becuase you dont think this happence everywhere ahahahha your a joke if you think windsor is the only one who did this

branch just has a hard on for windsor and it will never change its all good becuase i would still bet that we will be fine

Closed Thread