HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2012, 10:07 AM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
From what I've seen, an owner will hear the appeal. I'm unfamiliar with who hands out original discipline and who hears appeals. Any1 confirm?
IN this case it will be heard by the board of governors with Ottawa's Hunt in charge
With discipline matters appeal is heard by Branch ,in other words judge,jury and executioner

Old
08-11-2012, 10:17 AM
aresknights

HL11- handing them additional picks if found innocent gives them an adv over 19 other teams who had nothing to do with this particular circumstance.. Not fair at all.

My gut feels, at best they get the penalty reduced but won't be cleared entirely, at worst it stays status quo.
Well see if the hammer comes down elsewhere.

Old
08-11-2012, 10:17 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
I think the sanctions put on the spits were excessive and unneccessary
To Fine them is one thing but,affecting their future is another
Stripping a team of 1st rders is unconsciencable,afterall they are a teams' lifeblood
My feeling is that they are found innocent by their defence not only should get their picks restored,also the fine returned,half the fine should be added in other words the league pays them 200,000 as well for every draft pick punished an additional pick is awarded to Windsor
Meaning Windsor would get 5 picks plus the ones they were to lose
Such an action u think would deter the league from imposing death like sentences until all is heard including the spits side
I dont know what will happen here
Regardless the Spits reputation has been tarnished whether found guilty or innocent,and if its innocent Branch should resign/fired and the League ponies up in cash and additional picks
In my view this is the worst thing the League could have done not just because of Windsor but every team in the league and unneccessary fodder for the NCAA
I agree with what you have said and what cfaub has said.

Old
08-11-2012, 10:23 AM
hockeylegend11

I am sure many Spits fans are wondering about the teams short term future let along long term which I will get to in a sec
Dealing with now and next year not sure how much of an impact it will have
Having 2 1st rd picks in the Euro draft next year is a good cushion if losing the 1st rder stands,afterall 17 and 18 year olds are generally further along then 16 year olds,so if I were the Spits I would play special attention to Europe,besides u wont have a 1st rder,a 2nd rder has been dealt,so Windsor does pick until the 3rd rd in what is a deep draft of 97 born players from what i have been told by a couple of agents
Now if the Euro Ionin pans out either u keep him or deal him,I am not expecting pavelka back an O/a
If Ionin works keep him and deal 1 of the Euro picks if not cut/trade and take 2 Euros
I say do what u can this year,the team is setup well for next yr,maximize your assets,really keep your eyes on free agents, and the Euro market
2014 is supposed to be a run year anyways mem cup host or not so do the work
Losing the future picks hurts,my feeling cross that bridge as it approaches
Windsor still is the place to develop talent ,it has become more challenging

Old
08-11-2012, 10:25 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
HL11- handing them additional picks if found innocent gives them an adv over 19 other teams who had nothing to do with this particular circumstance.. Not fair at all.

My gut feels, at best they get the penalty reduced but won't be cleared entirely, at worst it stays status quo.
Well see if the hammer comes down elsewhere.
If found innocent not fair to be dragged thru the mud and for ever tarnished
A price has to be paid then
It would teach the league a lesson

Old
08-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Sec108

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
So if the Spits are lucky enough to be awarded a Memorial Cup in the near future..nobody will go? Really?
Im sure ticket sales even for the mem cup will be hurt by this if we get it in 14' as well as reg. season for the spits.Im talking about what we just hosted like the U17 or Prospects.How can Windsor fans support a league and comm. like Branch who openly is trying to hurt Windsor and Boughner and Rychel.this isnt the first time but I wont rehash the history on it, Windsor fans know what went down.

Can't you vision Branch handing a team the Cup on WFCU Centre ice, to a large corrus of boo's.That will look sweet on sportsNet and the NHL Network in the States.

But hasnt Branch really shot himself in the foot.Doesnt the OHL want to attract the best players in the world to develop into NHL players.The NCAA must be laughing at this incident, Branch has helped them retain players for the future beyond anyones expectations.Maybe its Branch that has accepted the brown envelope.

Old
08-11-2012, 10:36 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
But hasnt Branch really shot himself in the foot.Doesnt the OHL want to attract the best players in the world to develop into NHL players.The NCAA must be laughing at this incident, Branch has helped them retain players for the future beyond anyones expectations.Maybe its Branch that has accepted the brown envelope.
Which is why I have stated numerous times..the OHL may have just opened something it is not ready to endure. This appeal could bring out a whole book of corruption the league may never recover from.

Old
08-11-2012, 10:38 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Which is why I have stated numerous times..the OHL may have just opened something it is not ready to endure. This appeal could bring out a whole book of corruption the league may never recover from.
Good pt PP31 with u all the way on this one

Old
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
If found innocent not fair to be dragged thru the mud and for ever tarnished
A price has to be paid then
It would teach the league a lesson
The league is not going to embarrass itself by completely lifting the penalty and then not only paying the Spits back but also giving them more draft picks. No way they do that since then the league is tarnished, not just one team in the league.

Old
RayzorIsDull

Legend the only way I can see this hurting Windsor is if you're not allowed to utilize the gold education package for the 13,14 and 16 1st round picks. If the Spitfires can't transfer that package elsewhere then that truly is a death sentence regardless of utilizing the free agent route or import route. Other teams are jumping for joy and glee but this doesn't help the have nots acquire top tier players it merely will just diminish the type of player Windsor can get to an extent.

Old
08-11-2012, 10:40 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
The league is not going to embarrass itself by completely lifting the penalty and then not only paying the Spits back but also giving them more draft picks. No way they do that since then the league is tarnished, not just one team in the league.
Then whats your solution if the team is exonerated
Sorry guys our mistake its ok
No a price must be paid

Old
08-11-2012, 10:40 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
That's fine I hope Rychel becomes a whistle blower and reports every team that has supposedly done wrong. If it kills a team financially and cripples them for life so be it this is what the board of governors signed up for they should be prepared for the backlash.

Old
08-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Sec108

Quote:
I will agree with you on that.Branch might have bitten off more than he can chew and make the O look like a bunch of idiots.If he was suspecting something from certain teams maybe a behind closed doors would have been enough to warn them instead of making a circus out of the league.Other teams are covering theyre tracks as we speak.

Old
08-11-2012, 10:42 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Legend the only way I can see this hurting Windsor is if you're not allowed to utilize the gold education package for the 13,14 and 16 1st round picks. If the Spitfires can't transfer that package elsewhere then that truly is a death sentence regardless of utilizing the free agent route or import route. Other teams are jumping for joy and glee but this doesn't help the have nots acquire top tier players it merely will just diminish the type of player Windsor can get to an extent.
rayzor

I know what u are saying however outside the 1st rd teams can give the gold package to anyone drafted or free agents
Many teams trade 1st rders ie max Domi and have to keep the designation I dont see the difference

Old
08-11-2012, 10:45 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
No a price must be paid
The OHL would have had every t crossed and i dotted before dropping a bombshell like this. The whole picture has been looked at. To come public with something like this..and jeopordize not only one team but every team in your league and taint your product..you'd better have solid ground. Branch may be a dick...but I don't think he's an idiot. Whether or not he is prepared for what could possible surface..is another question.

Old
08-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
No a price must be paid
If Windsor is found to be innocent they will get the 400k and their picks back, no more. May not be fair but that's life.

Old
08-11-2012, 10:46 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
That's fine I hope Rychel becomes a whistle blower and reports every team that has supposedly done wrong. If it kills a team financially and cripples them for life so be it this is what the board of governors signed up for they should be prepared for the backlash.
I agree if the Spits have knowledge time to whistle blow
nobody can be safe now
Windsor did not start it,but they can finish it if they have knowledge
Prefer not to go that way but to me the punishment is too severe and the league has itself to blame if there is more bloodletting

Old
08-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Sec108

Quote:
nobody can be safe now
Prefer not to go that way but to me the punishment is too severe and the league has itself to blame if there is more bloodletting
I also hope the spits blow the whistle if knowledge is out there.I dont take lightly throwing mud at our brand.We all know this stuff is going on, this has NCAA written all over it.theyre pissed at rhychel for raiding theyre talent pool.He must have pissed in somebodies cornflakes, but if exonerated maybe sueing the league and Branch is in order to stop the Windsor attacks.

I say lets bring everyone into it, they want a war lets give them one.

It should have been $200,000 and a warning that would have sufficed, someone has a vendetta.

Old
08-11-2012, 10:54 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
nobody can be safe now
on the other side of the coin...what if such an appeal does nothing more than solidify the OHL's stance against the Spitfires? That could also happen. Sure the "we've got nothing to lose" approach is commendable..but it could also bite you harder in the ass.

Old
08-11-2012, 10:58 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
on the other side of the coin...what if such an appeal does nothing more than solidify the OHL's stance against the Spitfires? That could also happen.
I am willing accept whatever comes guilty or innocent,now time to name other teams if im windsor guility or innocent only if i windsor have inside info on others
Could use it as a threat to the board to get them to back off
Like u said PP31 what if theres a lot more

Old
08-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Sec108

Quote:
on the other side of the coin...what if such an appeal does nothing more than solidify the OHL's stance against the Spitfires? That could also happen.
I want to see the solid evidence not just heresay Im willing to go for the appeal.The prob. is that under our system now your guilty and have to prove your innocence.Thats backward from what we used to know of how our justice system works.

Old
08-11-2012, 11:08 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Thing is..you'll never know the whole story or what transpired to come to such a penalty. Those aspects will never be revealed and will be sworn to secrecy. The term "violated league policies" is all that will be revealed. If it leads to more teams being outed..so be it. The conclusion drawn, to me anyway, is this league wide investigative board was put in to investigate the entire league, not just solely put into place to tarnish the Windsor Spitfires. Question is...are the Spits the tip of the iceberg..or are they the only team that couldn't conceal it well enough?

Old
08-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Spitsfan67*

There just giving loads of motivation to Bobby and Warren.....Tighten your seatbelts were in for a couple more runs for the cup....were gunna contend every year they lost us a pick just to prove a point....this is what I bielieve warren and bob will do

Old
08-11-2012, 11:43 AM
aresknights

I get fans are pissed. But calls of going the rat route seem the wrong way to go ( just my personal opinion) we don't even know what they are accused of specifically and who blew The whistle.
I get that if penalty stands it hurts the clubs ability to compete, but it doesn't destroy it. They'll have to be creative ( in a league approved way )
They knew the rules, choose to play the risk/ reward game ( or worse didn't understand the rules) and got caught. ( allegedly) If others don't get caught Rychel should be asking how to play the game, manipulate the system and using that rather than trying to throw others under the bus
They are big boys and should know if ya ain't willing to pay the price don't.....
"but they did it too" ain't cool.

Old
08-11-2012, 11:45 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
There just giving loads of motivation to Bobby and Warren.....Tighten your seatbelts were in for a couple more runs for the cup....were gunna contend every year they lost us a pick just to prove a point....this is what I bielieve warren and bob will do
Best way for them to respond, I agree totally. Buckle up get to work and build
It up Again. If ur pissed about it, succeed in spite of it. I'm sure it would even sweeter

Closed Thread