HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
09-01-2012, 12:07 PM
youngblood10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
That's a good point but I think any additional offense from the blueline it will have to be acquired via trade. Ebert is their most gifted blueliner offensively. Braithwaite and Posa are both OA's and offense is not their game at all. Maybe Sieloff will help a bit but I think he really just wants to have the shutdown role and won't have many chances to pitch in offensively. After that you're left with Bateman and Devlin if they both make the jump and help it could happen but there aren't many options on the blueline.
Last season's roster didn't have that natural threat on it, but before making any kind of deal, I'd wait to see if one of two things happen. One can it come from committee and play progression. Second, does someone unexpected grows into a larger production role, 5 on 5 or on the powerplay.

Old
09-01-2012, 02:51 PM
johnnydrum

Hello all!
Hope you are all excited...were out of August, and Hockey is getting closer.!!
Any sightings of Ionin yet?
Didnt see him named in any of the Rosters; I had presumed with him being over so frequently, that he would be in camp?
Has anyone saw him play yet?

Old
09-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
Hello all!
Hope you are all excited...were out of August, and Hockey is getting closer.!!
Any sightings of Ionin yet?
Didnt see him named in any of the Rosters; I had presumed with him being over so frequently, that he would be in camp?
Has anyone saw him play yet?
Hey JD.

It seems Ionin has a hand injury.

Old
09-01-2012, 02:58 PM
johnnydrum

Hiya Libbs!
Gosh.
was hoing to get some info on him.
I was really shocked when they took him, as I knew nothing about him at all (not that Im wise lol...its just that I have a eye on Euros)
Was hoping that he could really be a surprise.

Old
09-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Libbs

You'll have to wait for one of the other guys...wasn't home this year to take in training camp.

Old
09-01-2012, 10:36 PM
spitz fan 4ever

plymouth 3 windsor nil

Old
09-02-2012, 10:56 AM
RayzorIsDull

Can't win games if you don't score goals.

Old
09-02-2012, 11:01 AM
RayzorIsDull

nm..

Old
09-02-2012, 11:49 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Can't win games if you don't score goals.
But you could conceivably get 68 pts and a 1st round home advantage.
I also have some prime swamp land available in Florida.

Old
09-02-2012, 12:55 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
But you could conceivably get 68 pts and a 1st round home advantage.
I also have some prime swamp land available in Florida.

I mean it's only one game but Vail, Johnson, Maletta, Ho-Sang, Czinder that's almost half your forwards they should at least pop one. I prefer the swamp land near the Everglades.

Old
09-02-2012, 01:12 PM
ImaBullsfan

Is that the same Danny Elser that played for the bulls last year then was released? I thought he resurfaced in the Q?

Old
09-02-2012, 01:27 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Is that the same Danny Elser that played for the bulls last year then was released? I thought he resurfaced in the Q?
That would be the one, played for London and dressed for Da Bulls. IMHO has not shown much here. We are still at 30-31 players.

Old
09-02-2012, 01:30 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
That would be the one, played for London and dressed for Da Bulls. IMHO has not shown much here. We are still at 30-31 players.
Thanks punch! Ya he had alright speed but IMO he just didnt give it his all, all the time.

Old
09-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Jackman

Are they going to publish the rosters before game time today?

Have they made any more cuts?

Old
09-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackman View Post

You're into the exhibition schedule now... there will be game day programs.

Old
09-03-2012, 12:08 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackman View Post

If it's anything like the Blue-White game you pay $1.00 for the line-up. Gotta make up the $400,000.00 one loonie at a time.

Have they made any more cuts? Hell they haven't had the decency to announce the cuts they made after the Blue-White game.

Jim Parker was away during training camp and no one at the star picked up the slack. If he'd been around I'm sure we'd have heard the reasoning behind Billings and Loiselle getting cut.[certain 48 hrs had a lot to do with it].

Old
09-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Libbs

I feel you were trying to be humorous... but it's been $1 for game day programs for as long as I've been going to games.

It's $2 here in Halifax... but it's a nice 4 page colour spread with proceeds going to Special Olympics.

Old
09-03-2012, 02:20 PM
scokan

ya sure it was $1 for the program at the door, but once your inside to your delight there were stacks of them for free around the concesssions.. that was the case at the blue white game..

Old
09-03-2012, 02:34 PM
RayzorIsDull

Hickey and Elser cut. Spits sign Mitchell Graham

2-0 Plymouth just got an update

Old
09-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scokan View Post
ya sure it was $1 for the program at the door, but once your inside to your delight there were stacks of them for free around the concesssions.. that was the case at the blue white game..
Thats because it was the blue/white game lol. I've NEVER seen that happen during a real game.

Old
09-03-2012, 02:47 PM
SpItFiReZ

Ho Sang already has people going oooo. He is a speedster, excellent puck control, great vision. Small ad timid right now. Almost scared to get hit.

Ionin-limited view so far but good sized winger. Skating isn't bad but isn't the typical russian skater. Decent hands but very hard to tell.

Sandivo - he is going to be very good in a shut down role once he continues to bulk up. Skating isnt bad but isn't up to par to stop speedy OHL wingers.

Smith - skating is better but still going to hinder him. Has made a couple decent back checks so far.

Maletta - cant wait to see him this year. Good skating, big and hopefully healthy.

Old
09-03-2012, 04:17 PM
RayzorIsDull

Last update I had was 5-1, took Windsor until the end of the 2nd to get their first goal. Not pretty from what I hear.

5-3 final

Last edited by RayzorIsDull: 09-03-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old
09-03-2012, 05:08 PM
hullsy47

Quote:
Last update I had was 5-1, took Windsor until the end of the 2nd to get their first goal. Not pretty from what I hear.

5-3 final
ho sang best player on the ice ......showing hes the real deal ......lots of floaters first half of the game ,hunter smith cant skate ,maybe 4th line
i liked verbeek ,hes a typical beeky ,plays the game with passion ,a real good find ,dekort looks ready ......seiloff is a conerstone ,build the defence around him ,he just a solid player , ionin reminds me a north american power forward ,big ,can turn on a dime and has hands
overall ,if ebert can bounce back and play hockey the way he can ,the spits will surprise ,defense is their strong suit ,big and mobile ...forwards ,kirby needs another 40 goal campaign

Old
09-03-2012, 05:13 PM
OHLTG

Plymouth 5 Windsor 3 final.

Ho Sang had three points for Windsor.

Only one fight...Bowen and Wilson, I believe. A decent tilt with neither really getting the edge.

Windsor's PP struggled...still can't really find their groove. Too wrapped up in systems play, from what I can see. The "get someone in front and shoot, shoot, shoot" philosophy hasn't grabbed on quite yet. My buddy said "they look like the five-side of a dice."

Plymouth's PP was far better, clicking a few times.

As far as players:

Ho-Sang - he's finding his groove a bit more. While he started the game really tentatively, he got the moves down a bit and was seeing the ice better as it wore on. Looks like he's going to be just fine.

Smith - I'm not sure what to do with him. His skating is better, but he looks like he's going through the motions. Did he just have a growth spurt?

Sanvido - Going to be fun to watch as the years progress. He's not flashy, but you're not going to move him, either.

Old
09-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Windsor Chief

Pretty lopsided would be a fair assessment - all Plymouth early with a Windsor edge late.... too late

With 10 defensemen on the current roster Windsor is deep Sanvido and Brown are likely ninth and tenth for depth and should at least start the season at JrB.
Bowen and McNaughton likely seventh and eighth for depth, and both could use icetime somewhere. That said I think 3-4 of them could play defense in the OHL either this year or next. Braithwaite, Posa, Sieloff, Devlin, Ebert and Bateman likely in the topsix mix.

Up front with 15 still on current roster there are alot of options. Has Czinder improved his conditioning and fitness levels, he'd look superlative for a shift last year and then dissappear, so consistency should improve with conditioning.
McCann is a solid penalty killer. Johnson and Vail were both solid last year, and Rychel was a 40 goal scorer. Will Marchese prove to be in shape ? Bilcke looks somewhat improved over last year. Clarke may be our top faceoff man now. Maletta will need to find his comfort zone, because he looked good on some shifts. Studnicka looks to be fighting for a place on the team. Ionin appeared lost today and may need to really work to earn icetime. Graham was out of place on the left wing today, I'd like to see him play on the right side. Smith was dissappointing today, lacking both footspeed and toughness. Verbeek looked like he belongs.

Dekort looked strong in net today, which is a relief.

Either things mesh and work out quickly or the veterans will need to make way so the kids can play.

Closed Thread