HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Wild one in Edmonton...

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2005, 12:31 AM
Orv

vCash: 500
Wild one in Edmonton...

Did anyone see the game between Edmonton and St. John's tonight? Wow it was fight night. I only caught the last 5 minutes or so which actually took about a half hour. I caught some highlights and I guess it started when David Ling kinda hit Rocky Thompson low who proceeded to sucker punch him in the back of the head and then all hell broke loose.

I'm not sure who Thompson paired off with but I think it was Robb Palahnuk, but I'm not sure. Poor, poor Matt Stajan got tangled up with Rick Mrozik and took a serious pounding. I also heard that someone followed Thompson into the Roadrunner dressing room and had a little tussle. I didn't catch who it was though. This all happened at 16:07 of the 3rd.

At 16:39 Jason McDonald and Jason Platt got into it in front of the Roadrunner net and as they were about to go Tyler Moss came in and gave McDonald a little Aunt Jemima to the face. That didn't stop McDonald and Platt from exchanging some serious punches. Both were bloodied up, Platt looked like he got the worst. As McDonald was leaving the ice he gave it to the Roadrunner bench then he tried to get at Kelly Buchberger on the Edmonton bench.

Next bout featured Clarke Wilm who came out ready to beat down someone. Jeff Woywitka got in his way and recieved a knuckle-sandwich for his troubles. This was at 16:51.

Then Nathan Perrott crosschecked Sean McAslan from behind into the Leafs net then McAslan got up throwing bombs and they exchanged a few. At 17:33.

Then things slowed down for a minute or so until Matt Hubbauer and Mathieu Roy mixed it up a bit. Roy might have landed a few mostly because Ben Ondrus had Hubbauer's hand tied up but nothing major connected. While this went on Ian White and Jamie Wright tossed a few with Wright landing on top of White and landing a few punches at the same time. Moss also got into the mix a bit and was ejected for his troubles. This was at 19:49.

JJ Hunter looked to be trying to get something going at the end of the game with Marc Moro but nothing came of it although Moro got a roughing penalty.

Like I said it was wild and it took a long time to play out the end of it all.

Old
01-11-2005, 01:13 AM
Saprykin Fan

hey

was at the game and it was just wild, best game i have seen in a long time, i do not miss NHL hockey now, i feel ahl is more exciting!!!!!

Old
01-11-2005, 01:53 PM
mackdogs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saprykin Fan
was at the game and it was just wild, best game i have seen in a long time, i do not miss NHL hockey now, i feel ahl is more exciting!!!!!
Looks like the rematch should be even more fun
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/AHL...11/894819.html

Old
01-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Avery4Byng*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackdogs
Looks like the rematch should be even more fun
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/AHL...11/894819.html
And once again it will be on sportsnet

Old
01-11-2005, 07:52 PM
leafaholix*

The St. John's Maple Leafs have a record of 11-3 against the 3 Canadian teams.

vs. Hamilton: 4-1
vs. Edmonton: 5-0
vs. Manitoba: 2-2

Hmm... I'm guessing the Leafs win tomorrow.

Old
01-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Verbal Kint*

Man did Stajan take a beating. Did what any average joe in his right mind would do. And for the record, Perrott threw the first punch. He was just begging for an excuse to fight.

Old
01-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Avery4Byng*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Puppets
Man did Stajan take a beating. Did what any average joe in his right mind would do. And for the record, Perrott threw the first punch. He was just begging for an excuse to fight.
Yeah Stajan even forgot to drop his left glove....

Old
01-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray
Yeah Stajan even forgot to drop his left glove....
Yeha I notiuced that. Not exactly what you'd call a heavyweight.

Old
01-21-2005, 05:50 PM
tippycanoe2

Send a message via MSN to tippycanoe2
poor Matty

Matt Stajan has never dropped the gloves in his life! He is the type of player that says sorry when he strips a guy of the puck, or slams him into the boards! He's just an all around nice guy. He didn't want to fight, and the fact that he got kicked out of the game (the whole 4 minutes there was left!) is rediculous! He had 14 minutes in penalties up to that point, and that night he ended up with 17 minutes! I can't imagine he will get in a fight again any time soon. Anyone who watched the game, would remember that after the guy sucker punched Matty, and they "fought" Matty talked to him and said "you didn't have to do that bud! I was just holding you back!" I never really liked the road runners, but I didn't realize how many dirty players they have! What's with Rocky Thompson? Good thing he has to wear a helmet, because if he charged anyone with his mohawk, that could be dangerous!

Closed Thread