HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phoenix - Colorado (Yandle)

Old
07-16-2012, 07:57 AM
WJF

vCash: 50
Phoenix - Colorado (Yandle)

To Colorado:

Keith Yandle, D

To Phoenix:

Matt Duchene, C

Logic: Colorado gets their No. 1 offensive D-man to anchor their pp and improve puck distribution from the back end. Yandle is a 26-year old signed to an excellent contract (4 more yrs at a cap hit of $5.25 million) who can eat up 24-25min a game and is coming into his own. Duchene is a near untouchable, but you gotta give to get - no. 1 d-men don't grow on trees. This also relieves some the logjam you have at center at the moment with O'Reilly and Stastny.

Phoenix gets a young juggernaut center to spark the offence. Giving up Yandle is no easy pill to swallow but with OEL, Z, Rundblad, Gormley, and C. Murphy in the pipeline - something's gotta give. We have needed that top line center for years and it's likely going to cost us someone like Yandle to acquire.

Thoughts?

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Value's OK, but no thanks.

PS

There's no logjam at center in Denver.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:13 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
I would rather the Avs keep Duchene.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Outsiders view... I think value is fine but the Av's have zero reason to do this.

07-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Avs should hold on to Duchene. He's pretty good at hockey.

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Tralfamadore
Back down to earth

Value is there but I just could not swallow trading Duchene yet. This next one is a big deciding year for his career and I think he is going to step up his game big time.

Tralfamadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Stories
Hockey scientist

vCash: 500
Value is there, but the only thing that makes me apprehensive is that Yandle is closer to UFA than Duchene at reasonable cost.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:19 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Yandle is a fine player, but no thank you.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:29 AM
dan1el

The value is damn near perfect-but I think the Avs still say no. I'm betting most Colorado fans aren't exactly disappointed in this "logjam" they have. Duchene still has ppg potential, we've Stastny hit 70 multiple times, and O'reilly is a beast, easily the best 3C in the league now.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:29 AM
WJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Value's OK, but no thanks.

PS

There's no logjam at center in Denver.
Is this because you're playing Duchene on the wing?

I understand Duchene is a very talented hockey player - but what do Avs fans realistically think his ceiling is? I would put it at Patrick Kane's level, but maybe I'm simply not aware of the intangibles he brings. However, I don't think Duchene will ever be up in the Crosby, Toews realm in terms of leadership and tenacity.

Do Avs fans think that Duchene will one day be the centerpiece around which a cup winning team will be built?

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Don't think the Avs would do this, but god damn would a Yandle-EJ pairing would be nasty.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Razor29
52-22-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post

I understand Duchene is a very talented hockey player - but what do Avs fans realistically think his ceiling is? I would put it at Patrick Kane's level, but maybe I'm simply not aware of the intangibles he brings. However, I don't think Duchene will ever be up in the Crosby, Toews realm in terms of leadership and tenacity.

Do Avs fans think that Duchene will one day be the centerpiece around which a cup winning team will be built?
No it's because we have three scoring lines and if any one of those lines isn't performing like they should they will drop down to the third line.

It's a good problem to have.

Duchene's ceiling is hard to predict but 80 points wouldn't be out of the question.

He also doesn't need to be the leader on this team when we have players like O'Reilly, Landeskog, Johnson and Stastny.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post

Duchene played some games on the wing, but he didn't look good there. He'll be a center in the long run without a doubt IMHO and Avs have wingers to roll three scoring lines.

In his 1st season he was good defensively (he was also a good two way player in the OHL), but as the years went by he became worse for some reason. He was compared to Stevie Y when he was drafted.

I think he could be a good two way PPG center in the NHL, but we'll have to wait and see if he gets there, he has all the physical tools, but he needs to learn how to use them properly and he needs to stop trying to play like Foppa all the time. I'd force him to watch Yzerman play over and over again and he needs to work on his shot.

Old
07-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Esq.

Duchene is worth more than Yandle. Trading Duchene at this point would be ill-advised as he is coming off a terrible year marred by injuries and a lot of shifting of lines and even position. I think Duchene will have a bounce-back year and put up about 75 points. He's got tremendous talent and will be flanked by better wingers thanks to Colorado's off-season moves. Prior to this past season, people were still debating who was better - Duchene or Tavares. Now, all of a sudden, Duchene is being underrated by quite a bit, in my opinion.

Yandle would help the Avalanche out quite a bit, and OEL's play has made him moveable out of Phoenix, but I don't think the Avalanche would be willing to part with Duchene to get him.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:04 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

It's close. It's very close. It's one of those trades where I'd scream "No!" and start cursing uncontrollably but within a few hours calm down, accept it, and learn to be a little excited about it.

07-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

I want OEL if we're trading Duchene even if we have to add.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:42 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Aves d isn't bad enough for them to consider gutting their top 6 to enhance it.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:02 AM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Aves d isn't bad enough for them to consider gutting their top 6 to enhance it.
Yes it is. And the only way to improve their D greatly, they have to trade since they aren't going after UFA's like Suter hard enough.

I would trade Duchene for Yandle.

Trade something they have enough of for something they don't have outside EJ?

This is a no brainer.

the_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:03 AM
nhlfan9191

Both Yandle and Duchene are studs but I just don't see this actually happening.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
Yes it is. And the only way to improve their D greatly, they have to trade since they aren't going after UFA's like Suter hard enough.

I would trade Duchene for Yandle.

Trade something they have enough of for something they don't have outside EJ?

This is a no brainer.
And what if Stastny decides to walk in 2 years time? And I'd like to know how do you know how hard they went after Suter?

Old
07-16-2012, 10:12 AM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
And what if Stastny decides to walk in 2 years time? And I'd like to know how do you know how hard they went after Suter?
Well first of all if we are talking what ifs, what if Avs never make the playoffs until they upgrade their D?

And I'm not sure how hard they went after Suter, and if Suter and Parise did long decided to go to Minny because they have ties there then it's understandable, but there were couple of other options they could of gone after for upgrading the D.

But it just seems to me Avs care more about their offense than D, and I think there has to be a balance. Just offense won't get you anywhere in the NHL

Old
07-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
I want OEL if we're trading Duchene even if we have to add.
This.

Stastny for Yandle or Duchene for OEL, I'm not giving up the more valuable player for the less valuable player (Duchene for Yandle).

It would take a nice addition for me to consider, something I doubt Phoenix would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
But it just seems to me Avs care more about their offense than D, and I think there has to be a balance. Just offense won't get you anywhere in the NHL
We have exactly one defender that has been with the team greater than two years. But yeah, we don't care about improving it.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:31 AM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
This.

Stastny for Yandle or Duchene for OEL, I'm not giving up the more valuable player for the less valuable player (Duchene for Yandle).

It would take a nice addition for me to consider, something I doubt Phoenix would do.

We have exactly one defender that has been with the team greater than two years. But yeah, we don't care about improving it.
Keep signing 3rd pair d-men, even though it's true that they bring in new guys every year, but Zanon is hardly an improvement.

Other than EJ all Avs have is 3rd pair d-men even though you see a new face every year.

Old
07-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Xgp

Too early for us to trade one of our centers in all honesty.

Xgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Jrtu

vCash: 871
All threads concerning Matt Duchene won't be completed until someone posts this:

Jrtu is offline   Reply With Quote