HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikhail Grigorenko signs 3-year ELC

Old
07-19-2012, 01:46 PM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
«Je suis très heureux d'avoir signé ce premier contrat, mais ça ne m'a pas vraiment surpris que ça survienne aussi rapidement après le repêchage. Je pense que les Sabres voulaient faire assez vite et s'assurer que je ne me tourne pas vers la KHL, bien que ce n'était pas une option pour moi», confiait Grigorenko, mercredi en début d'après-midi, lorsqu'on l'a joint à Buffalo.

"I am very happy to have signed this first contract, but I am not really surprised it happened so quickly after the draft. I think that the Sabres wanted to rather quickly and ensure that I did not turn to the KHL, although this was not an option for me", said Grigorenko, early Wednesday afternoon, when he signed with Buffalo.
Quote:
Au cours des dernières semaines, des bruits émanant de la Russie laissaient entendre que le CSKA de Moscou l'attirerait dans sa cour, mais il n'en fut rien. «Mon objectif était de signer avec les Sabres. En fait, il s'agissait de mon unique choix. La KHL n'a jamais été une option pour moi et si on en parlait, de la KHL, c'est uniquement parce que je suis un Russe. Il n'y aurait pas eu ces rumeurs si j'avais été un Suédois», assurait-il au bout de son cellulaire.

In recent weeks, noise coming from Russia suggested that CKSA Moscow wanted to attract his heart, but that did not happen. "My goal was to sign with the Sabres. In fact, it was my only choice. The KHL has never been an option for me and if they spoke of the KHL, it's only because I'm Russian. There would have been no rumors if I was Swedish", he assured from his cell phone.
Quote:
Grigorenko vise un poste dans la LNH dès la prochaine saison. Si jamais un conflit de travail survenait dans la LNH, il reviendrait à Québec, puisque les règlements l'empêcheraient de jouer dans la Ligue américaine.

«Je ne sais pas encore si je suis prêt à faire le saut dans la LNH à 18 ans, mais qui sait, peut-être le suis-je? Je serais déçu de ne pas faire la LNH tout de suite, mais je ne le serais pas de revenir à Québec, où j'ai passé une très belle saison. Ça ne pourrait que m'aider dans mon développement pour atteindre mon but.»

Maintenant qu'il a mis la main sur un pactole pour un joueur de son âge, Grigorenko ne prévoyait pas de dépenses folles. «Je vais sûrement m'acheter une voiture... quand j'aurai mon permis de conduire! Pour l'instant, je prévois d'abord placer mon argent et non pas le dépenser.»

Grigorenko seeks a position in the NHL next season. If a labor dispute occurred in the NHL, he would return to Québec, because regulations prevent him from playing in the AHL.

"I do not know if I am ready to make the jump to the NHL at 18, but who knows, maybe I am? I would be disappointed to not make the NHL right away, but I would not return to Québec, where I had a great season. (This is a typo, given the next sentence.) It could only help my development to achieve my goal."

Now that he has gotten his hands on a fortune for a player of his age, Grigorenko does not plan on a spending spree. "I'll probably buy myself a car... when I have my license! For now, I plan to save my money and not spend it."
http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/spo...de-buffalo.php

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007 View Post
The skating aspect is a good point that I somewhat overlooked because I was considering the hockey sense of each of those players that I mentioned. They have the ability to know where to be on the ice and how to avoid nasty situations. They were much older players than their age and physique suggested, if you know what I mean.

So that's something that if you've got, you've got and if Grigorenko has it then you can see an argument from the organization that they'll just deal with the physical development this year to get his skill on the ice. I don't know one way or the other but I'm not sure there's a situation in the league that would better benefit from a short-ish work stoppage than this one.
True, he too thinks the game at a pretty good level too -- has that ability to dictate pace that is just a joy to watch. Thinking a good game clearly helps youngsters transition.

There seems to be an opening here for him if he can show he's ready. I don't think they're against working him in but it's got to be a case of him demonstrating he can handle it in pre-season.

07-19-2012, 01:49 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

I'd like to see Grig and Girg get the 9 games or just let Girg tear up the AHL.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:09 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
I think we're all aware, so I'm unsticking this too.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:38 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhoc...hockey,wp12825

Quote:
Mikhail Grigorenko, centre, Buffalo Sabres (Quebec Ramparts, QMJHL) — Couturier dropped at the 2011 draft to the Philadelphia Flyers before making the team out of camp. Anaheim Ducks defenceman Cam Fowler did the same the prior year. It seems Grigorenko could follow suit this year by making the Sabres after being regarded as a clear-cut top-5 pick in December to dropping to the 12th pick at the draft.

There could be an opening in Buffalo down the middle for the 6-foot-2, 191-pounder after the Sabres dealt Derek Roy to the Dallas Stars for Steve Ott. Nonetheless, with the Sabres also having Cody Hodgson, Ville Leino, and Tyler Ennis gunning for a top-line centre position, it won't be a cakewalk for Grigorenko to earn a full-time spot in Buffalo.

Grigorenko still has some unfinished business at the major junior level, though. His naysayers were on him like glue after having a sub-par playoff with the Ramparts. Another season in Quebec would give the Russian native an opportunity to silence his critics.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:50 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Leino playing as centre?

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:57 AM
tsujimoto74

When does camp start? (Have they announced it yet even?) I'm really eager to see how Grigorenko, and a few other prospects, look with NHLers.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:06 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Leino playing as centre?
I doubt they know enough about the Sabres to have any inside info. They are just going off of what happened last year with Leino playing center.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
I doubt they know enough about the Sabres to have any inside info. They are just going off of what happened last year with Leino playing center.
There's no doubt about it, that's just one of the "around the league" kind of articles where they're basing conjecture on the fact Leino was openly signed to play center and then played center for a while. Those who closely follow the team know that it's unlikely, though I wouldn't rule out him centering the 3rd line if better options don't present themselves.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Tra La La

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/spo...s-remparts.php. Patrick Roy expects Grigorenko to start the season in Quebec but join Buffalo once the lockout is settled.I wondered if he could come up if he started the year in Quebec.

Last edited by Tra La La: 08-02-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 07:23 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
I wonder if the sabres really expect him to be ready and girgensons, the last thing I want to do is rush him

JPurp26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Tra La La

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
I wonder if the sabres really expect him to be ready and girgensons, the last thing I want to do is rush him
If the lockout ends around thanksgiving? He should have about 30 q games under his belt. I think getting the 9 game look then is even better then right out of camp.

Old
08-02-2012, 08:37 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
If the lockout ends around thanksgiving? He should have about 30 q games under his belt. I think getting the 9 game look then is even better then right out of camp.
Very true

JPurp26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:27 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

I just hate hearing all these rumors about his age. Tell me it doesn't get annoying...

Old
08-02-2012, 11:51 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
I just hate hearing all these rumors about his age. Tell me it doesn't get annoying...
There hasn't been anything new said about his age in over a month..

Old
08-03-2012, 12:01 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
It doesn't get annoying. Can/will he be a contributor or not? I don't care if he's 23 right now.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 12:49 AM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
There hasn't been anything new said about his age in over a month..
Twitterverse sir.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:55 AM
McTank

Im worried about this age thing, any proof he's 18?

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 01:01 AM
jfb392

Quote:
Twitterverse sir.
I make sure that everyone I follow is legitimate and no one has said a thing since prior to the draft.

I don't know who you follow, but don't believe everything you read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Any proof that he's not 18?

He's been investigated and nothing was found that made them think that his family was lying and he's made it through international checks, so I see no reason to not believe that he's as old as he says he is.
The rumors are actually sourced from unmoderated Russian message boards from years ago.
There was never any substantiated claim.

Old
08-03-2012, 01:05 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
I laughed

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 04:25 AM
Tra La La

Quote:
The CHL and IIHF must believe he was born in 94. They haven't changed his eligibility.

Old
08-03-2012, 06:01 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
I laughed
I laughed at your laughing.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 07:45 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Only his birth certificate, multiple investigations done on the matter, the fact that the junior leagues don't seem to think its a problem, or the NHL for that matter. =/

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 07:48 AM
boots electric

I see where you are coming from, but I remain unconvinced

boots electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
This conversation again? Oh, it's because some twitter hack is throwing out hints at something that the successor to the KGB has investigated and found him to be as old as his birth certificate claims we have to discuss it.... again? Didn't this get answered previously?

Quote:
Not as annoying as bringing it up again and again does.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote