HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stl - Tor

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2012, 11:22 AM
  #26
SteenMachine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fenton, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I agree he gets ripped too much but 2nd best? Phaneuf , Gunnarson and Gardiner say hi.
Don't you get it yet... all of Toronto's d-men are the 2nd best one.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 11:52 AM
  #27
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21,013
vCash: 500
We are not trading away any part of what made us a contender.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 11:55 AM
  #28
CodeBlue*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintoMadDogsKiller18 View Post
I would do this deal from a Leafs perspective. Elliott is a talented goalie and could come in and be our #1 guy.

He's also from Ontario, so that should shut Cherry up some more.
You and I both know Cherry will never shut up.

CodeBlue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 11:56 AM
  #29
Leafsfan381
Registered User
 
Leafsfan381's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Both teams would have to say no. Elliott is valuable to St.Louis, and Liles with Toronto. Liles is very good defensively and on the PP. Elliott and Halak together make a great pairing in net and keep the Blues strong in net.

Leafsfan381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 11:58 AM
  #30
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21,013
vCash: 500
You'd think after all the Toronto-St. Louis threads, Toronto fans would at least know our needs.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 12:02 PM
  #31
Leafsfan381
Registered User
 
Leafsfan381's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I agree he gets ripped too much but 2nd best? Phaneuf , Gunnarson and Gardiner say hi.
I agree with 2nd best.

1: Phaneuf
2. Liles
3: Gardiner
4: Gunnarsson.

Liles has a lot more experience than both Gardiner and Gunnarsson, he knows how to handle situation's better because of his experience. He is also valuable to the organization because he can help out some young D-Men. I'm not saying that either of those 2 are not good, but they are both still young and inexperienced.

Leafsfan381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 12:03 PM
  #32
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!
 
Tyler Biggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlue View Post
You and I both know Cherry will never shut up.

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 12:25 PM
  #33
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
You'd think after all the Toronto-St. Louis threads, Toronto fans would at least know our needs.
Left handed defense man?

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 12:31 PM
  #34
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Left handed defense man?
Who isn't a midget among other things.

We don't want someone with the contract length and money up front like Liles has. He is on the wrong side of 30 and isn't the most durable. He is not a fit, and he is not the right guy. Liles won't even be on our radar, nothing against him, he just isn't what we are looking for.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:06 PM
  #35
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Who isn't a midget among other things.

We don't want someone with the contract length and money up front like Liles has. He is on the wrong side of 30 and isn't the most durable. He is not a fit, and he is not the right guy. Liles won't even be on our radar, nothing against him, he just isn't what we are looking for.
right... and i guess your names doug armstrong? and i guess you speak for the entire fan base?

didnt know the wrong side of 30 was.. 31. Too much money up front? hahahah. With guy like Wideman getting 5.5m until hes 34 i think its safe to say liles getting 3.75m until hes 34 is an absolute steal. Liles for Elliot (the guy that laid an egg in the playoffs) is an absolute steal. However you can trade the farm and get a guy slightly better then liles to fill that role.

To be completely honest i probably wouldnt want liles traded for Elliot considering we got 2 firsts and a second for Kaberle. However i figured the only way to pull St.louis fans heads out of the sand would be to overpay. Just shows the lack of knowledge. if i was st.louis i would make the deal just based on the value. Flip liles for something better if you have to.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:29 PM
  #36
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,747
vCash: 1490
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
right... and i guess your names doug armstrong? and i guess you speak for the entire fan base?

didnt know the wrong side of 30 was.. 31. Too much money up front? hahahah. With guy like Wideman getting 5.5m until hes 34 i think its safe to say liles getting 3.75m until hes 34 is an absolute steal. Liles for Elliot (the guy that laid an egg in the playoffs) is an absolute steal. However you can trade the farm and get a guy slightly better then liles to fill that role.

To be completely honest i probably wouldnt want liles traded for Elliot considering we got 2 firsts and a second for Kaberle. However i figured the only way to pull St.louis fans heads out of the sand would be to overpay. Just shows the lack of knowledge. if i was st.louis i would make the deal just based on the value. Flip liles for something better if you have to.
Elliott was the best goalie statistically last season and his only season as a Blue. Why would they trade him for an average Dman? And how is that a steal for St. Louis?

Btw, he played really well in the SJ series. He only had a couple of rough games.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:19 PM
  #37
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
Elliott was the best goalie statistically last season and his only season as a Blue. Why would they trade him for an average Dman? And how is that a steal for St. Louis?

Btw, he played really well in the SJ series. He only had a couple of rough games.
Are you convinced Elliot is the future in net for St.Louis? Is his value equal to Halak when Halak was traded? A proven top 4 defense man is pretty great value for a goalie that will share the net.

I can see the value in Elliot from a blues fans perspective as he proved his worth to your team. Hes just not as proven as a team would like, he also was playing in behind one of the best defensive systems in the league. SO a team like Toronto with poor defense would be skeptic... Liles to us seems like overpayment, to you.. well it just seems like we are robbing one of the best goalies a season ago off of your hands.


Last edited by HockeyGuruPitka: 07-18-2012 at 02:24 PM.
HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:25 PM
  #38
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
right... and i guess your names doug armstrong? and i guess you speak for the entire fan base?

didnt know the wrong side of 30 was.. 31. Too much money up front? hahahah. With guy like Wideman getting 5.5m until hes 34 i think its safe to say liles getting 3.75m until hes 34 is an absolute steal. Liles for Elliot (the guy that laid an egg in the playoffs) is an absolute steal. However you can trade the farm and get a guy slightly better then liles to fill that role.

To be completely honest i probably wouldnt want liles traded for Elliot considering we got 2 firsts and a second for Kaberle. However i figured the only way to pull St.louis fans heads out of the sand would be to overpay. Just shows the lack of knowledge. if i was st.louis i would make the deal just based on the value. Flip liles for something better if you have to.
We are a budget team and Liles is getting paid more for the next 3 years than his cap hit is.

Of course 31 is the wrong side of 30. There are only 2 sides and the right side is under 30 and the wrong side is over 30.

Elliott played great in the playoffs, so your whole argument loses credibility there.

This is not EA Sports, you do not make trades for trades sake just to flip the player you traded for.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:28 PM
  #39
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Are you convinced Elliot is the future in net for St.Louis? Is his value equal to Halak when Halak was traded? A proven top 4 defense man is pretty great value for a goalie that will share the net.

I can see the value in Elliot from a blues fans perspective as he proved his worth to your team. Hes just not as proven as a team would like, he also was playing in behind one of the best defensive systems in the league. SO a team like Toronto with poor defense would be skeptic... Liles to us seems like overpayment, to you.. well it just seems like we are robbing one of the best goalies a season ago off of your hands.
It's called a goalie tandem. The sum of their salaries is right with how much teams pay for the elite Vezina talent, but when you combine Halak's and Elliott's numbers, they are better than those goalies.

They will NOT be moved, so stupid making arguments that make no sense to get us to move them.

If you don't want Elliott, then don't start a thread about him.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:31 PM
  #40
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21,013
vCash: 500
Elliott said that why he was so successful with the Blues was because of the coaching philosophy with him. In Ottawa and Colorado, they tried to make him too aggressive and they overcoached him. When he came to St. Louis, they told him to just keep it simple and play like he did in college.

Whether he is a product of Hitchcock or not, he is an elite goalie with us, so we aren't just going to give him away, that would be idiotic.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:33 PM
  #41
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21,013
vCash: 500
Another thing, if Liles and Gunnarsson are so great, why does HF see so many proposals with them in it.

Either they aren't as good as you guys so or some Toronto fans are completely brainless for wanting to trade away good defensemen, when your defense already isn't very good.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:35 PM
  #42
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Another thing, if Liles and Gunnarsson are so great, why does HF see so many proposals with them in it.

Either they aren't as good as you guys so or some Toronto fans are completely brainless for wanting to trade away good defensemen, when your defense already isn't very good.
They are the only assets with value that the leafs can afford to part with. We have glaring holes that need to be filled. Not rocket science. Would you rather we offer Komisarek, Connolly, Lombardi, Franson?

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:43 PM
  #43
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
They are the only assets with value that the leafs can afford to part with. We have glaring holes that need to be filled. Not rocket science. Would you rather we offer Komisarek, Connolly, Lombardi, Franson?
Would you rather have one of them in the starting lineup?

I hope to god your management realizes that they run n gun or other highly offensive systems won't work in this league unless you have legit top end offensive players. Kessel works great, Lupul does too, but you don't have the depth to pull it off.

Going to a more disciplined system will shorten the rebuild and put you on a competitive level. Otherwise your goalies will just continue to get shelled.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:49 PM
  #44
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Would you rather have one of them in the starting lineup?

I hope to god your management realizes that they run n gun or other highly offensive systems won't work in this league unless you have legit top end offensive players. Kessel works great, Lupul does too, but you don't have the depth to pull it off.

Going to a more disciplined system will shorten the rebuild and put you on a competitive level. Otherwise your goalies will just continue to get shelled.
I agree. I hope Carlyle can address this.. Anyway, hopefully one day the leafs can make up for getting ripped on the steen / stempniak trade lol

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:56 PM
  #45
TheSilencer
Registered User
 
TheSilencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,814
vCash: 500
It'd be really hard to convince St.Louis to break up that goalie tandem. They have a combined caphit of ~5.5 million/year and both had a save% greater than 0.925. It's the definition of "bang for the buck".

I'm a Leafs fan and i really liked JML until he got the concussion. After the injury, Liles was a shadow of his old self. Combine that with the 4 year contract starting this season, there are legitimate concerns about how Liles will play this season.

St.Louis says No.

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 03:18 PM
  #46
Briecheeze
Registered User
 
Briecheeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 608
vCash: 500
Doubt St. Louis would do this.

I'd love to bring Elliot in though, if only to start him against the Sens six times a year. =D

Briecheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:24 PM
  #47
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion
 
Dolph Ziggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,303
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
I agree. I hope Carlyle can address this.. Anyway, hopefully one day the leafs can make up for getting ripped on the steen / stempniak trade lol
Lol, I love thinking about that trade.

Well be nice though and let you take Carlo Colaiacovo back from that deal ok?

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:29 PM
  #48
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Lol, I love thinking about that trade.

Well be nice though and let you take Carlo Colaiacovo back from that deal ok?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He's going to Detroit and we are going to pay Calgary to trade Bouwmeester to the Wings, to form the ultimate pairing of Colaiacovo and Bouwmeester.

The incentive for Toronto to help us in this quest is, Kessel will be able to shred them in the Winter Classic. So, Toronto please thrown in some random spare part.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 01:56 PM
  #49
BlueDream
Registered User
 
BlueDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 6,996
vCash: 500
I DO hate this trade. Liles is not at all what the Blues need, and trading Elliott wouldn't be smart. Jake Allen is not quite ready to be Halak's backup.

Not sure how any Blues fans could even consider this.... Oh nice another undersized puck-moving defenseman!!!

Honestly the Toronto-STL proposals need to end. Your fanbase is terrible at them.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 02:06 PM
  #50
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion
 
Dolph Ziggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,303
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He's going to Detroit and we are going to pay Calgary to trade Bouwmeester to the Wings, to form the ultimate pairing of Colaiacovo and Bouwmeester.

The incentive for Toronto to help us in this quest is, Kessel will be able to shred them in the Winter Classic. So, Toronto please thrown in some random spare part.
ROFL the greatest plan in the history of the NHL

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.