Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes Interested in Krejci

Old
07-18-2012, 12:42 PM
C77

vCash: 500
Anyways I don't think that many people here appreciate how lucky the B's are to have the centers they do.

I'm not saying I wouldn't trade Krejci for anyone. (I would for Ryan)

But look at a team like Toronto ever since Sundin left. They have been the most laughable disaster in the league. #1 center Matt Stajan lol.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Mountain

I'd be happy with Yandle. Depends on if/how much we have to add.

Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:16 PM
BruinsPortugal

Summer withou Krejci for Yandle rumours is no summer.

BruinsPortugal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Beesfan

I'd love Boedker (plus) back in a trade fro Krejci. Problem is, they're likely getting Krejci to play with Boedker.

These are flattering trade proposals for Krejci. Bobby Ryan, Rick Nash and Keith Yandle are world class players. And so is DK.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 03:00 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

The only way I deal Krejci to the Yotes is if Yandle is coming back.

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
Anyways I don't think that many people here appreciate how lucky the B's are to have the centers they do.

I'm not saying I wouldn't trade Krejci for anyone. (I would for Ryan)

But look at a team like Toronto ever since Sundin left. They have been the most laughable disaster in the league. #1 center Matt Stajan lol.
where have you been, Stajan is on the Flames now haha

Bozak is the 1C on the Leafs, which is equally as funny haha

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:15 PM
VanIsle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
where have you been, Stajan is on the Flames now haha

Bozak is the 1C on the Leafs, which is equally as funny haha
I believe that James van Riemsdyk is the #1 center, or at least will be converted to C to play with Phil the Thrill.

Also Yandle for Krejci + a little I would look at from a Bruins standpoint.

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:04 PM
finchster

As a 'krejci hater' it would make me happy.

I am going to call myself a 'hater' on various issues until that stupid term isn't an insult anymore.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Of coarse they are if they read the Bruins' HF board.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

The fact that this seems like such a no brainer for us should give us pause.

Yandle is exactly what we need if the team decides to go in the direction of more skill and playmaking from the defense, which is where I think they need to go. With that being said, the deals guys like Wideman and Green are getting suggests that one of the reasons the Yotes are so anxious to deal Yandle is that he wants to get paid. We have our own contracts to re-sign.

I'm not saying I wouldn't do this. I do this 9 ways to Sunday, But do take like a second and figure out where his contract puts us before calling for this.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:21 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
As a 'krejci hater' it would make me happy.

I am going to call myself a 'hater' on various issues until that stupid term isn't an insult anymore.
Why you gotta hate on that word, bro?

ToddRundgren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Alan Ryan

In an article about Ryan and Nash (ESPN Boston) a source indicated Krejci is not available as trade bait.

The teams have had "exploratory" talks regarding Ryan, according to a source close to the situation, but Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli has made it known that Krejci and Milan Lucic (also mentioned in recent trade rumors) are not available.

The Ducks have publicly expressed their desire for a second-line center and Krejci would fit the bill there. So, from an outside perspective, such a deal might make sense. But according to the source, the Bruins still feel Krejci and Lucic are key parts of their core and if they were to trade them, it would have to be for something better than whatever might have been offered by the Ducks or Blue Jackets.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruin...h-on-ryan-nash

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Johnny Bran Muffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
In an article about Ryan and Nash (ESPN Boston) a source indicated Krejci is not available as trade bait.

The teams have had "exploratory" talks regarding Ryan, according to a source close to the situation, but Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli has made it known that Krejci and Milan Lucic (also mentioned in recent trade rumors) are not available.

The Ducks have publicly expressed their desire for a second-line center and Krejci would fit the bill there. So, from an outside perspective, such a deal might make sense. But according to the source, the Bruins still feel Krejci and Lucic are key parts of their core and if they were to trade them, it would have to be for something better than whatever might have been offered by the Ducks or Blue Jackets.

Best way to increase a player's value is to say he's not available.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 05:49 PM
BudMovin*

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Best way to increase a player's value is to say he's not available.
Also you don't want to say your shopping a player and then not be able to trade them. Usually that backfires and said player's confidence is affected.

Old
07-18-2012, 06:21 PM
doubledown99

Living here in the West I've seen a lot of Yandle. He's amazing. Has been for at least 3 yrs now. His puck moving ability is elite. He's crazy good on the PP. would be a tremendous addition for the Bruins. Having him and Chara would mean the Bruins would have a dominant dman on the ice for most of the game. Yandle is obviously different from big C as he controls the game through his puck control and transition ability but nevertheless he's still a great dman and a definite #1. Krejci is solid but if I was the Bruins I would jump at the deal.

doubledown99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:51 PM
jmeehan1985

Im all for trading Krejci but how does it make sense when your subtracting from your top 6. We need to add a top 6 guy in return for Krejci. I love Yandle but im not seeing a fit here unless they trade someone like Boychuk. I think Hamilton is legit he put up 70+ plus in juniors and missed 11 games. Usually the Central Scouting Report is pretty close to being right on players drafted in the top 10 and there high on Hamilton. We need to give this kid a chance and let him show us what he can offer. Who takes Krejci's spot if we trade him for a D ?

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:56 PM
jmeehan1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
The Bruins are in dire need of help on the power play. As much as I like David Krejci I would deal him for Yandle. Yandle could be the one to teach Doug Hamilton the tricks of running an NHL power play.
How does it fix the PP when Krejci is on your first PP. What does a PMD give you that Bergy doesnt give you when he fills in at the Point on the PP.

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Also,

Quote:
There have been reports that the asking price for Nash from the Bruins was any combination of Krejci, Lucic, Tyler Seguin and prized prospect Dougie Hamilton.
In yer dreams, Howson.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 06:57 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:

of course he isn't available- Chiarelli aint tossing his reputation with players and agents down the hopper and making future dealings with players exponentially difficult.

Krejci can be up and down but he's a solid player who has had great playoffs every year he's been healthy

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:01 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Also,

In yer dreams, Howson.
for various reasons (Seguin and probably Hamilton are obivous) I don't believe Chiarelli would trade any of the four even up for Nash. I didn't say for example Krejci is better than Nash- I'd take the big lug wayyyyy over DK in any real expansion draft, but circumstances would dictate it, actually DK is the only one who would come into question, however, after the goodwill and relationship Chia has with his agent it would be an ahole move that would certainly be duly noted on all future negotiations, and lets face it, if DK thought Chia was capable of this he never, ever signs- Lucic atleast for now still falls under the Bruins 'family dog' umbrella- a lot more valuable to the Bruins- and really 24 year old guys who score 25 goals or more a year and your peers vote you the toughest mf in the league have some value- maybe not to some here but most

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:14 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
I'm telling you, Krejci for Yandle straight up is a good deal for both clubs. Old-school hockey trade.

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

BigBadBruin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:26 PM
GuinnRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
I'm telling you, Krejci for Yandle straight up is a good deal for both clubs. Old-school hockey trade.
Just thinking out loud, but doesn't PHO have bunch of Czechs on roster?

GuinnRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
I'd only think about it if Yandle is involved.

Imagine a top 4 of Chara-Yandle and Seids-Manchuk? Insane.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
for various reasons (Seguin and probably Hamilton are obivous) I don't believe Chiarelli would trade any of the four even up for Nash. I didn't say for example Krejci is better than Nash- I'd take the big lug wayyyyy over DK in any real expansion draft, but circumstances would dictate it, actually DK is the only one who would come into question, however, after the goodwill and relationship Chia has with his agent it would be an ahole move that would certainly be duly noted on all future negotiations, and lets face it, if DK thought Chia was capable of this he never, ever signs- Lucic atleast for now still falls under the Bruins 'family dog' umbrella- a lot more valuable to the Bruins- and really 24 year old guys who score 25 goals or more a year and your peers vote you the toughest mf in the league have some value- maybe not to some here but most
Nothing happens in a vacuum. Sure, all things being equal, anyone would trade Krejci for Nash. But that's not taking into account their respective contracts, future Bruins contracts, team dynamics, and, as you pointed out, the Bruins administration's relationship with its players. There's a reason why guys like Bergeron and Peverley and Kelly and Seidenberg signed contracts below what they could get on the open market, and it's not because they like Mike's pastries.

I've seen more than a couple of references to Claude Giroux and the (un)likelihood that he'll sign a long-term deal with Philly. They may be jokes, but such jokes carry a kernel of truth.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
I'd only think about it if Yandle is involved.

Imagine a top 4 of Chara-Yandle and Seids-Manchuk? Insane.

And a bottom 3 of Ference, McQuaid and Hamilton is not chopped liver.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote