Notices

Coyotes Interested in Krejci

Old
07-19-2012, 09:45 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
Really the only guy that I would trade Krejci to PHX is for Yandle.

Anything else, hell no.
Yeah.

Yandle is the right fit. Improves our PP and I don't mind paying him when Wideman and Green are cashing in for the same money.

However we thought Kaberle was a perfect fit.

I probably do the deal but I am not adding to it, and I am not certain its the right move and Yandle is good enough to give up Krejci for.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 09:46 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonHowe View Post
Well, would you do it straight up, DK for KY?
I love Krejci, but I would do it.

07-19-2012, 10:12 AM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
How about the chance to play Bergeron

It's no secret that the last time our power play clicked, we had a healthy Savard AND an effective Wideman. We have centers who can do most of what Savvy could do, what's missing is that extra creative presence from the D.
Would love Yandle but that alone would not give them what they had. They don't have anyone who can do half of what Savard did...nevermind most...and DK is the closest (which is still not close.) love Bergy but he is not what you want on the PP. If we lost DK we had better be getting an elite forward or we are going backward.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
Would love Yandle but that alone would not give them what they had. They don't have anyone who can do half of what Savard did...nevermind most...and DK is the closest (which is still not close.) love Bergy but he is not what you want on the PP. If we lost DK we had better be getting an elite forward or we are going backward.
Bergy is what you want on your power play- he's one of the few guys on this team that can actually make touch passes and get the puck to where it needs to be quickly. What you need though is 3 things:

1. Someone who does not become flustered on the backend by failed entry attempts but can either make the pass to gain the zone (properly) or gain the zone themselves. Additionally this is someone you want to be able to play 'catch' with your half board player

2. A half board shooter on the opposite side of your guys playing catch. This player should also have net crashing capabilities.

3. Another up top shot (Z)

Power plays like Vancouver work best when you have quick touch passing, guys rotating and the defense constantly having to shift their line of sight while expecting multiple shot points. A guy like DK on a 5 on 4 is pretty useless (though on 5 on 3 extremely valuable).

You can run a power play doing a 2 man rotation between the half boards and down low with the angle changing constantly and quickly, threatening a cross ice pass to the far point with 2 forwards crashing in and the dump up the middle being taken away. Your other threat comes with the shot off the half boards or the puck movement down low leading to an attack of the goal.

The reason Bergy has constantly been at the point on the PP is because you need at least one guy up high that can play that catch game. If we added Yandle or a defensemen who could replace Bergeron there, then Bergy goes low, still plays catch with Seguin on the half but instead of having a weaker point shot threat, provides a better net front crashing presence.

Now if you were to clone DK and trade him to both Phoenix and Anaheim you'd have a great power play- Z/Yandle, Ryan far side, Seguin half boards and Bergy down low. I think PC needs to add into the scouting and player development some scientific research money so that this type of thing gets done

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 11:19 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredUser View Post
Bergy is what you want on your power play- he's one of the few guys on this team that can actually make touch passes and get the puck to where it needs to be quickly. What you need though is 3 things:

1. Someone who does not become flustered on the backend by failed entry attempts but can either make the pass to gain the zone (properly) or gain the zone themselves. Additionally this is someone you want to be able to play 'catch' with your half board player

2. A half board shooter on the opposite side of your guys playing catch. This player should also have net crashing capabilities.

Power plays like Vancouver work best when you have quick touch passing, guys rotating and the defense constantly having to shift their line of sight while expecting multiple shot points. A guy like DK on a 5 on 4 is pretty useless (though on 5 on 3 extremely valuable).

You can run a power play doing a 2 man rotation between the half boards and down low with the angle changing constantly and quickly, threatening a cross ice pass to the far point with 2 forwards crashing in and the dump up the middle being taken away. Your other threat comes with the shot off the half boards or the puck movement down low leading to an attack of the goal.

The reason Bergy has constantly been at the point on the PP is because you need at least one guy up high that can play that catch game. If we added Yandle or a defensemen who could replace Bergeron there, then Bergy goes low, still plays catch with Seguin on the half but instead of having a weaker point shot threat, provides a better net front crashing presence.

Now if you were to clone DK and trade him to both Phoenix and Anaheim you'd have a great power play- Z/Yandle, Ryan far side, Seguin half boards and Bergy down low. I think PC needs to add into the scouting and player development some scientific research money so that this type of thing gets done
Instead of DK, I'd be more inclined to clone Chara and Seguin, and just be that much more beastly at Even Strength, which is really what matters anyway, haha.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
Instead of DK, I'd be more inclined to clone Chara and Seguin, and just be that much more beastly at Even Strength, which is really what matters anyway, haha.
I love that I write a full power play breakdown and the clone point is what sticks

Old
07-19-2012, 11:33 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
I love that I write a full power play breakdown and the clone point is what sticks
You can take that as I found the technical points in your post to be irrefutable, and I don't like to waste everyone's time by writing "I agree" and putting a clapping smiley.

Cloning would be a fascinating article at the SCoC.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
You can take that as I found the technical points in your post to be irrefutable, and I don't like to waste everyone's time by writing "I agree" and putting a clapping smiley.

Cloning would be a fascinating article at the SCoC.
Fair on both accounts.

Old
07-20-2012, 11:33 AM
don

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsForItEveryYear View Post
off course you would. i mean who wouldnt give up a 1st line center or very good 2nd line center who scores 60+ points and led the playoffs in scoring for a perennial 35 point player and a second round pick.

im not sure phoenix would do that we may have to sweeten it with seguin.
Next time try adding something constructive instead of making smart ass remarks. All that does is turn people off.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 07:12 PM
MetM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
The Bruins are in dire need of help on the power play. As much as I like David Krejci I would deal him for Yandle. Yandle could be the one to teach Doug Hamilton the tricks of running an NHL power play.
I think Hamilton will show to many how to run a power play very soon.... lol
He knows the game.

I think the Bruins need a good winger.
I'd still keep Krejci.

MetM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

I'd do Krejci for Yandle, and I'd be happy and wish Krejci well in Phoenix, but I'd be more interested in Ryan or a top winger. Simply need one more.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 09:30 PM
nfld77

Yandle for DK, not me. We need offence from forwards not subtraction. I love Yandle but Krejci is taking away alot of our offence AND Im convinced DK is due a breakout season and who knows, this may be the season he puts up 90 points. Nobody can convince me he's not capable of being a regular 85-90 point guy. I just dont think we seen the best of him yet. REMEMBER, He's only 26. Krejci has a long career and plenty of time to prove he's alot better than this and I think he will. I want him to be a Bruin when he turns it around. I decline trading him right now..

nfld77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:33 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:

Perfect post. Or, 4th option... clone Marc Savard in a healthy body.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Nobody can convince me he's not capable of being a regular 85-90 point guy.
He definitely is.
Let's see what happens if he plays 82 games.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Taz#24

Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
I like YANDLE a lot but...

Not sure SEGUIN is ready to step into the role KREJCI fulfills currently...

If the Yotes are truly interested in KREJCI and willing to deal YANDLE to get him, I think it would have to involve other players even though the KRECJI/YANDLE money is a wash. Bruins would need to get a versatile forward (someone who can play C or Wing) coming back so there's some insurance if SEGUIN struggles to solidify a top C role. With that Bruins would have to add a piece or pieces go the other way to even out the deal.

If Johnny BOYCHUK was willing to waive his NTC, I would package him with KRECJI and considering the Yotes ownership situation, I'd throw in TT so they can mitigate the cap floor without actually paying the 5 million, for

YANDLE, Antoine VERMETTE and a conditional 2nd round pick in 2013 (we get the pick if TT plays).

This deal would create almost 5 million is cap space, plus Marc SAVARD LTIR money, just under 9 million. Bruins could then have the flexibility to either sign a UFA to add some depth/competition up front or make a deal utilizing a package of picks and/or CARON, and one of SPOONER or KNIGHT to try and land a scoring winger. Not sure it would get the job done but...1st first rounder in 2013, Jordan CARON and Jared KNIGHT for Bobby RYAN and Ryan O'MARRA.

Bruins...12-13?

LUCIC-SEGUIN-RYAN
MARCHAND-BERGERON-HORTON
VERMETTE-KELLY-PEVERLEY
PAILLE-CAMPBELL-THORNTON
Depth/Providence-BOURQUE/HANSON/MACDERMID/O'MARRA/WHITFIELD/RANDELL/CAMPER/CUNNINGHAM/FLOREK/
TARDIF/SUAVE/Let SPOONER get minutes and develop his game in Providence.

CHARA-MCQUAID
YANDLE-SEIDENBERG
FERENCE-HAMILTON
EXELBY
Depth/Providence-JOHNSON/KRUG/CROSS/BARTOWSKI/WARSOFSKY/COHEN/TROTMAN/BUTTON/MILLER

RASK
KHUDOBIN
Depth/Providence-HUTCHINSON/SVEDBERG/MORRISON

1st PP unit...

RYAN-SEGUIN-HORTON
CHARA-YANDLE

2nd PP unit
LUCIC-BERGERON-PEVERLEY
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON

Taz#24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz#24 View Post

If the Yotes are truly interested in KREJCI and willing to deal YANDLE to get him, I think it would have to involve other players even though the KRECJI/YANDLE money is a wash. Bruins would need to get a versatile forward (someone who can play C or Wing) coming back so there's some insurance if SEGUIN struggles to solidify a top C role. With that Bruins would have to add a piece or pieces go the other way to even out the deal.

If Johnny BOYCHUK was willing to waive his NTC, I would package him with KRECJI and considering the Yotes ownership situation, I'd throw in TT so they can mitigate the cap floor without actually paying the 5 million, for

YANDLE, Antoine VERMETTE and a conditional 2nd round pick in 2013 (we get the pick if TT plays).

This deal would create almost 5 million is cap space, plus Marc SAVARD LTIR money, just under 9 million. Bruins could then have the flexibility to either sign a UFA to add some depth/competition up front or make a deal utilizing a package of picks and/or CARON, and one of SPOONER or KNIGHT to try and land a scoring winger. Not sure it would get the job done but...1st first rounder in 2013, Jordan CARON and Jared KNIGHT for Bobby RYAN and Ryan O'MARRA.

Bruins...12-13?

LUCIC-SEGUIN-RYAN
MARCHAND-BERGERON-HORTON
VERMETTE-KELLY-PEVERLEY
PAILLE-CAMPBELL-THORNTON
Depth/Providence-BOURQUE/HANSON/MACDERMID/O'MARRA/WHITFIELD/RANDELL/CAMPER/CUNNINGHAM/FLOREK/

CHARA-MCQUAID
YANDLE-SEIDENBERG
FERENCE-HAMILTON
EXELBY
Depth/Providence-JOHNSON/KRUG/CROSS/BARTOWSKI/WARSOFSKY/COHEN/TROTMAN/BUTTON/MILLER

RASK
KHUDOBIN

1st PP unit...

RYAN-SEGUIN-HORTON
CHARA-YANDLE

2nd PP unit
LUCIC-BERGERON-PEVERLEY
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON
1st, Caron, and Knight doesn't get you Ryan.

One of Krejci or Lucic would have to go. Then you want Yandle as well, and the Coyotes want Krejci. I'm not doing Lucic for Ryan. Pick one or the other.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Fierce1

I know Yandle obviously puts up numbers and logs big minutes but I know little else about him. If he is just a slightly better version of Wideman or a younger Kaberle I want no part of him. We've been down that road and neither of those guys helped our PP in the least. One thing I do like about our D now is that all 5 are as tough as nails and if we bring Hamilton in this year we can mold him into that style.

Fierce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:

Bruins...12-13?

LUCIC-SEGUIN-RYAN
MARCHAND-BERGERON-HORTON
VERMETTE-KELLY-PEVERLEY
PAILLE-CAMPBELL-THORNTON

CHARA-MCQUAID
YANDLE-SEIDENBERG
FERENCE-HAMILTON
EXELBY

RASK
KHUDOBIN

1st PP unit...

RYAN-SEGUIN-HORTON
CHARA-YANDLE

2nd PP unit
LUCIC-BERGERON-PEVERLEY
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON
I would pencil in Andrei Kostisyn and eliminate all trades.

Did I say that?

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:

Bruins...12-13?

LUCIC-SEGUIN-RYAN
MARCHAND-BERGERON-HORTON
VERMETTE-KELLY-PEVERLEY
PAILLE-CAMPBELL-THORNTON

CHARA-MCQUAID
YANDLE-SEIDENBERG
FERENCE-HAMILTON
EXELBY

RASK
KHUDOBIN

1st PP unit...

RYAN-SEGUIN-HORTON
CHARA-YANDLE

2nd PP unit
LUCIC-BERGERON-PEVERLEY
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON
McQuiad is NOT a first pairing defenseman. Also, your trade for Ryan is horrible, the Ducks will ask for Krejci no matter what.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 12:00 PM
24giovanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Chargers View Post
I would pencil in Andrei Kostisyn and eliminate all trades.

Did I say that?
Do you get your stuff from Colombia sprinkled with something mixed in?

24giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 12:04 PM
redbeard7737

Quote:

Bruins...12-13?

LUCIC-SEGUIN-RYAN
MARCHAND-BERGERON-HORTON
VERMETTE-KELLY-PEVERLEY
PAILLE-CAMPBELL-THORNTON

CHARA-MCQUAID
YANDLE-SEIDENBERG
FERENCE-HAMILTON
EXELBY

RASK
KHUDOBIN

1st PP unit...

RYAN-SEGUIN-HORTON
CHARA-YANDLE

2nd PP unit
LUCIC-BERGERON-PEVERLEY
SEIDENBERG-HAMILTON
in what world does caron, knight and a late 1st get you bobby ryan? every team could beat that offer, that is terrible.

redbeard7737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 01:26 PM
KrejciMVP

I'd love to see Semin play with Krejci. That would help he offense big time. 5 years 30 mill for Semin

KrejciMVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

I'm gonna say no on 5 years for Semin. He's 28 now, he'd be about 34 at the end of the deal, and his game is based heavily on his speed -- not a great gamble.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 06:38 PM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfld77 View Post
Yandle for DK, not me. We need offence from forwards not subtraction. I love Yandle but Krejci is taking away alot of our offence AND Im convinced DK is due a breakout season and who knows, this may be the season he puts up 90 points. Nobody can convince me he's not capable of being a regular 85-90 point guy. I just dont think we seen the best of him yet. REMEMBER, He's only 26. Krejci has a long career and plenty of time to prove he's alot better than this and I think he will. I want him to be a Bruin when he turns it around. I decline trading him right now..
So what you are saying is Krejci has the talent of Giroux, Malkin, etc? This is the crap I hate when people discuss Krejci, statements like this. There is no way in hell Krejci becomes a ‘regular 85-90 point player’ in the NHL, none, zip, zero, zilch. Tyler Seguin is by far the best offensive talent on the team and I am not convinced he can be a ‘regular 85-90 point player’. Scoring is declining and there are fewer PPG players every year. Unless there is a drastic change in scoring, Krejci won’t regularly score 85-90 points because that’s what the truly elite players score. If there is a drastic change in scoring, Krejci scoring 85-90 points will be irrelevant because the best players will score 120-140.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 06:47 PM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
I'd love to see Semin play with Krejci. That would help he offense big time. 5 years 30 mill for Semin
Semin couldn't produce when playing with Alexander Ovechkin and Niklas Backstrom. What makes you think he'd all of a sudden start playing hockey when playing with David Krejci and Milan Lucic?

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote