HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Rick Nash Speculation (Mod warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2012, 01:35 AM
ThisYearsModel

vCash: 500
So sad that Columbus fans have been reduced to hoping that Nash gives in and widens the list of teams he has given to CBJ. His agent has stated that won't happen. We'll see.

Old
07-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
The asking price for Nash from Boston was a combination of Krejci+Seguin+Lucic and Dougie Hamilton!

That's rediculous!!!!!
Hey....PM me. I've got a bridge over the water in the Mohave....real cheap.

Seriously....

Old
07-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Nope.

Rangers top 4 d aren't being traded for Nash
I doubt Nash would be traded for anything less than at least one of: a) top 6 forward, b) top 4 defenseman, c) elite forward prospect.

Most CBJ fans would want forwards exclusively but I could live with a Dman being the best piece involved. Value is what's important in the deal for me.

We'll see what happens. I think Nash will be Columbus at the start of the season though.

Old
07-20-2012, 02:57 PM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
I doubt Nash would be traded for anything less than at least one of: a) top 6 forward, b) top 4 defenseman, c) elite forward prospect.

Most CBJ fans would want forwards exclusively but I could live with a Dman being the best piece involved. Value is what's important in the deal for me.

We'll see what happens. I think Nash will be Columbus at the start of the season though.
I think your correct. Howson too stuborn to trade Nash for less than what he percieves is equal value and Sather wont trade Stepan. Unless Pitt gets a third team involved, all there assets are at defense. Boston, Philadelphia out and Howson wont do buisiness with Detroit.

Old
07-20-2012, 05:29 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
If that was the case, wouldn't the trade have already happened?

I thought it was the extra four players and two #1 draft picks that were the issue...

Old
07-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post

Or he could over play his hand, the teams left on his list acquire what they need elsewhere, and he's either stuck with a 7.8 million dollar captain that wants out, or the teams stand pat and play chicken and Nash holds out.

Stop leaving out other possibilites that work against your argument.

They CAN happen.
If either of those situations happen, then Howson just keeps on waiting until he gets what he wants, or Nash decides that he wants to be a Blue Jacket after all.

They CAN happen, but the end result is still one of two possibilities. And neither are stimulating enough for Howson to accept a belated return.

Quote:
Or Howson can take a .50 to the $1 return for Nash instead of risking him holding out and not playing or going into the season playing and being a giant distraction and a PR disaster.

The guy wants out, just take assets for him and go. His value isn't going to magically be raised when everyone knows Howson's back is against the wall and it's due to his own doing.
Supply and demand.

If Nash is the only impact winger on the market, then he can get an inflated return. If Howson feels that there will be a time in the near future that Rick Nash's value will be higher than it currently is (and I have shown that there is good reason to believe so), then Howson will wait for said time.

It is said that Howson shouldn't wait, or Rick Nash will become a distraction. A distraction from what? Getting the coveted 29th place again?

This isn't Heatley and Ottawa, where Ottawa was expected to contend with or without Heatley and the lockerroom chemistry was a major concern. This is the 30th placed NHL team, and odds are by the time they are competing, the majority of the roster will have been replaced.

Quote:
That's the problem, Howson drove San Jose away by repeatedly asking for Couture. Not happening.
I was referring to a theory that Howson had an offer he liked, but was waiting to pull the trigger for some reason.

I was not referring to Howson chasing away a team in negotiations for Nash because his demands were too high. This seems like an excellent place to put this; the rumored San Jose deal was NOT for all of the players listed. It was for a combination of several of the players that were in the discussion.

If that deal had been offered, then one (or both) of the GM's should have been fired.

Quote:
Some point proven there. Pittsburgh and Philly called Howson to feel out things, found out what the asking price was and said **** off.
It still proved the point though. Once Parise was off the market, teams that were not originally interested in Nash suddenly expressed interest.

A GM's incompetence leading to them fading away does not change the original point.

Last edited by Finlandia WOAT: 07-20-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old
07-20-2012, 05:35 PM
hockeyball

The argument that 'Howsen can just wait till he gets a good return' is hollow since he has already clearly been offered a more than good return. He's waiting to get a massive overpayment which is simply never going to happen.

He has the option of icing a disgruntled player or accepting a perfectly reasonable and fair return. Only one of those choices is good for the Blue Jackets.

Old
07-20-2012, 05:54 PM
hateseed
TentacleGrapeSoda

Howson should trade Nash for properly sized pads for Mason.

Would likely have an equal or greater impact for the team as the massive overpayment he is wet-dreaming for...

Old
07-20-2012, 06:15 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
I like the mix of players honestly. But still no centerpiece.

Love the McIllrath inclusion. We could use a big mofo that. Plus he's an excellent pugalist.
Don't need a centerpiece. For most of our club's young history, Nash has been the centerpiece. CBJ need to learn to win as a team instead of counting on one guy to carry them on his back.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
The argument that 'Howsen can just wait till he gets a good return' is hollow since he has already clearly been offered a more than good return. He's waiting to get a massive overpayment which is simply never going to happen.
I agree. Howson has already been offered a good return, and there is no way a Couture, or a Skinner is coming back in exchange for Nash.

But what he can do is wait until he gets the best return that is possible for Nash. And if the cards play out into his favor, then chances are Howson can get a better deal than what has been offered. But he still will not get what he wants initially.

As to your second point, I've already posted that I disagree, and explained why. No need to start an argument we've already had multiple times.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Don't need a centerpiece. For most of our club's young history, Nash has been the centerpiece. CBJ need to learn to win as a team instead of counting on one guy to carry them on his back.
Ewing theory?

Old
07-20-2012, 06:22 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Yawn, has there been any recent news? I keep coming here hoping for new news but I am still greeted with **** tossing back and forth from CBJ fans and other fans.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
The asking price for Nash from Boston was a combination of Krejci+Seguin+Lucic and Dougie Hamilton!

That's rediculous!!!!!
I'd love to see a source for that. A reputable one.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:25 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tripps View Post
Ewing theory?
Ewing was within 1 game of winning it all in 94 and went back to the finals in 99.

Ewing was truly a GREAT player.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Ewing was within 1 game of winning it all in 94 and went back to the finals in 99.

Don't know anything about '90's NBA. I'll take your word for it.

Though New York almost had two separate teams win their respective championships in the same year? That must have been awesome.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:

He was....Although I it always felt like he never lived up to the hype. I think it was less about his accomplishments (no title) and more about how some of the players from that era took their games to another level (Olajuwon for example).

Big Pat was great but everyone thought coming out of Georgetown he would become the greatest center in the history of the game. And he never really approached that.
People forget how dominant Ewing was in college.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:52 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
That's pretty good but there needs to be at least one roster forward. I mean we won't score 150 goals next year combined losing Nash with return. Seriously here....
Tlusty, McBain, Dalpe, 1st

Old
07-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Tlusty, McBain, Dalpe, 1st
Managed to make it substantially worse. Congratulations.

Roster scoring forward. Tlusty does not qualify.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
07-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Ola

Could Boston be a player for Nash when they know for sure if they can get rid of Thomas contract (IE, when the new CBA is done. Or?).

Old
07-20-2012, 07:15 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Managed to make it substantially worse. Congratulations.

No reason to patronize or be condescending.

Tlusty looked better than Jokinen for a lot of last year. Skinner isn't going to happen, and Ruutu has a NTC. Plus, I don't see JR offering two first rounders AND Murphy in a package. I was under the impression CBJ didn't really need/want another dman.

Tlusty, McBain, 2013 1st, 2014 1st?

Old
07-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
No reason to patronize or be condescending.

Tlusty looked better than Jokinen for a lot of last year. Skinner isn't going to happen, and Ruutu has a NTC. Plus, I don't see JR offering two first rounders AND Murphy in a package. I was under the impression CBJ didn't really need/want another dman.

Tlusty, McBain, 2013 1st, 2014 1st?
He asks for a scoring forward, and you still don't replace Tlusty with Jokinen?

Jokinen, Dalpe, McBain/Murphy, 2013 1st, 2014 1st

Old
07-20-2012, 07:19 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
He asks for a scoring forward, and you still don't replace Tlusty with Jokinen?

Jokinen, Dalpe, McBain/Murphy, 2013 1st, 2014 first
Tlusty scored more than Jokinen last year. Also, do you think McBain and Murphy have the same value?

Old
07-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Tlusty scored more than Jokinen last year. Also, do you think McBain and Murphy have the same value?
Tlusty has 23 goals and 48 points the past two seasons.
Jokinen has 31 goals and 98 points the past two seasons.

It's not even close. In no way, shape, or form is Tlusty a better scoring forward than Jokinen.

As for McBain/Murphy, this roster is going to need one or the other. Either they keep McBain, which makes Murphy a very valuable asset to move, or they bank on Murphy, which makes McBain the movable asset.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:23 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Tlusty has 23 goals and 48 points the past two seasons.
Jokinen has 31 goals and 98 points the past two seasons.

It's not even close. In no way, shape, or form is Tlusty a better scoring forward than Jokinen.
Tlusty was never given an opportunity with Staal 2 years ago. He was stuck on a checking line. I don't think it's fair to pull that kind of stat.

Besides, how do you explain Jokinen's 12 goals last year?

And there is NO way McBain's value is the same as Murphy's. Murphy is a special special talent. I think he's even going to surprise us on how good he is defensively.

Old
07-20-2012, 07:24 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
What's the floor on this though? Would a 20/20 guy who's young enough do it?

Not to rush to the defense of Tlusty, but if you wanted just a serviceable forward in addition to other assets carrying the bulk of the value, he wouldn't be too bad. You'd probably have to seriously up the other assets (Murphy, Rask, additional 1st, ...) here to make the value work, but just focusing on the roster forward by himself, who would you say is one example (I don't care if it's from the LIST) who is just barely clearing the bar for good enough?

Closed Thread