HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Anyone play in the NCHRA?

Old
07-18-2012, 10:10 AM
toedrag87

vCash: 500
Anyone play in the NCHRA?

I was thinking about trying out for my new colleges roller hockey team and was wondering how competitive the league is. I've played about 3 years of roller hockey on rec leagues but have only played ice for the last 3 years team(my school doesn't have an ice team.) Is it a league where pretty much everyone are roller rink rats and play roller hockey every day or do you think I'd be an easy transition?

toedrag87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 12:25 PM
**** Farise

Quote:
Originally Posted by toedrag87 View Post
I was thinking about trying out for my new colleges roller hockey team and was wondering how competitive the league is. I've played about 3 years of roller hockey on rec leagues but have only played ice for the last 3 years team(my school doesn't have an ice team.) Is it a league where pretty much everyone are roller rink rats and play roller hockey every day or do you think I'd be an easy transition?
I'd say its possible, depending entirely on how good you've gotten over that limited amount of time playing. Also, what division your school would play in. I'd say D1 won't work for you.

It's a pretty damn high level of roller hockey. Where I went to school, the roller team was filled with guys who were all good at ice (but no where near the level to play NCAA D1 ice) and just took up roller to continue to play hockey at a competitive level. Most of them had done travel ice hockey through high school and all that. It's significantly better than pickup level or rec league level hockey.

**** Farise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:10 PM
toedrag87

I think it B division any idea how good those guys are?

Old
07-18-2012, 08:49 PM
intangible

Which college do you go to?

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:13 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I'm assuming you mean NCRHA. I play in the ECRHA for Boston University, which is Division II. It's a very high level of roller hockey. Most of the guys have played roller hockey their entire life, or were all high level ice hockey players that couldn't make the best ice hockey team at the university, and switched to keep playing.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 09:17 PM
toedrag87

St. Charles community