HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr-sj

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2012, 01:27 PM
  #1
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,924
vCash: 500
Nyr-sj



Dan Boyle



Brandon Dubinsky
Andrew Yogan
Dylan McIlrath
3rd (FLA)

Rangers get a PPQB and former Tortorella player and a right handed offensive defenseman to play next to Marc Staal, Sharks get Dubinsky, who can rebound and be a 25 goal scorer, 50 point player if utiilized correctly, plus two very good prospects and a 3rd.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:33 PM
  #2
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck View Post


Dan Boyle



Brandon Dubinsky
Andrew Yogan
Dylan McIlrath
3rd (FLA)

Rangers get a PPQB and former Tortorella player and a right handed offensive defenseman to play next to Marc Staal, Sharks get Dubinsky, who can rebound and be a 25 goal scorer, 50 point player if utiilized correctly, plus two very good prospects and a 3rd.
We are not rebuilding so we would need a better 'now' asset than Dubinsky coming back.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:40 PM
  #3
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck View Post


Dan Boyle



Brandon Dubinsky
Andrew Yogan
Dylan McIlrath
3rd (FLA)

Rangers get a PPQB and former Tortorella player and a right handed offensive defenseman to play next to Marc Staal, Sharks get Dubinsky, who can rebound and be a 25 goal scorer, 50 point player if utiilized correctly, plus two very good prospects and a 3rd.
I'd take it. Dubinsky, although overpaid, would be a good 2nd/3rd line tweener. We can use more prospects too.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:42 PM
  #4
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,196
vCash: 567
I got Dubinsky, Miller, and a first in that other thread, which I'd take.

I guess I'm just higher on Dubinsky though.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:43 PM
  #5
Crazy Joe Divola
Registered User
 
Crazy Joe Divola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
I'd take it. Dubinsky, although overpaid, would be a good 2nd/3rd line tweener. We can use more prospects too.
You don't trade Dan Boole for a 2/3 line tweener. You don't do that.

Crazy Joe Divola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:43 PM
  #6
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I got Dubinsky, Miller, and a first in that other thread, which I'd take.

I guess I'm just higher on Dubinsky though.
I'd take that deal too.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:50 PM
  #7
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,196
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Divola View Post
You don't trade Dan Boole for a 2/3 line tweener. You don't do that.
Dubinsky is getting quite underrated. He plays very difficult minutes and he kills them. He isn't an offensive dynamo, but he's a very good possession player.

How's his speed? I admit to not paying much attention to his skating.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:51 PM
  #8
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck View Post


Dan Boyle



Brandon Dubinsky
Andrew Yogan
Dylan McIlrath
3rd (FLA)

Rangers get a PPQB and former Tortorella player and a right handed offensive defenseman to play next to Marc Staal, Sharks get Dubinsky, who can rebound and be a 25 goal scorer, 50 point player if utiilized correctly, plus two very good prospects and a 3rd.
The Sharks are not rebuilding, so since at this point Boyle is not expendable, this trade makes no sense

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:52 PM
  #9
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Y would the rangers want another d-man?

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:52 PM
  #10
Crazy Joe Divola
Registered User
 
Crazy Joe Divola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,221
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Dubinsky is getting quite underrated. He plays very difficult minutes and he kills them. He isn't an offensive dynamo, but he's a very good possession player.

How's his speed? I admit to not paying much attention to his skating.
Underrated or not. He isn't landing Dan Boyle. Losing Boyle on the back end will have a far greater impact than adding Dubi on the front end.

Crazy Joe Divola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:55 PM
  #11
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Y would the rangers want another d-man?
Because their PP sucks. The Rangers need a pp qb badly and Boyle is one of the best.

I personally think Burns is more of a trigger man than quarterback and in my opinion Boyle is not expendable

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:59 PM
  #12
CupfortheSharks
Registered User
 
CupfortheSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
The Sharks are not rebuilding, so since at this point Boyle is not expendable, this trade makes no sense
I agree with this. If Boyle was available he would return more than is being talked about here. #1 D men are a hard asset to get.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:01 PM
  #13
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,271
vCash: 500
Rangers aren't going to be including McIlrath in a deal for a 36 year old defenseman. I understand Boyle is still really good and all--but the Rangers picked Dylan for a reason--there are a lot of Rangers fans that did not like that pick and just can't help themselves from including him in any deal they can.

McIlrath has his entire career in front of him. Boyle's not got more than a handful of years left. That's just not going to happen. Might as well ****can Gordie Clark as far as I'm concerned if you're going to do that because I expect he's going to be livid.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:01 PM
  #14
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,500
vCash: 500
No thanks.

We don't need another defenseman. As for PPQB's, we have one developing in MDZ who scored 10 goals and 40 points DESPITE playing on one of the worst power plays in the league.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:02 PM
  #15
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Rangers aren't going to be including McIlrath in a deal for a 36 year old defenseman. I understand Boyle is still really good and all--but the Rangers picked Dylan for a reason--there are a lot of Rangers fans that did not like that pick and just can't help themselves from including him in any deal they can.

McIlrath has his entire career in front of him. Boyle's not got more than a handful of years left. That's just not going to happen. Might as well ****can Gordie Clark as far as I'm concerned if you're going to do that because I expect he's going to be livid.
So how do the rangers plan on improving their horrid power play?

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:03 PM
  #16
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
No thanks.

We don't need another defenseman. As for PPQB's, we have one developing in MDZ who scored 10 goals and 40 points DESPITE playing on one of the worst power plays in the league.
And yet it was still one of the worst in the league

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:06 PM
  #17
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
And yet it was still one of the worst in the league
And Dan Boyle is not going to help the fact that Tortarella doesn't properly utilize defenders on their off wings for the one-timer and put players in front of the net to screen the goaltender.

The answer is no. End of discussion.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:08 PM
  #18
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
And Dan Boyle is not going to help the fact that Tortarella doesn't properly utilize defenders on their off wings for the one-timer and put players in front of the net to screen the goaltender.

The answer is no. End of discussion.
I agree but what was proposed was a bad trade for the Sharks but a miracle steal for the Rangers.

Fact is with Boyle, the Rangers would likely go from 23rd to possibly 1st place on the pp. At least top five.

But your right from the Sharks point of view there is no discussion.

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:19 PM
  #19
BigDmitriy
Registered User
 
BigDmitriy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 977
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
I would do this

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:22 PM
  #20
BroadwayHustle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
I agree but what was proposed was a bad trade for the Sharks but a miracle steal for the Rangers.

Fact is with Boyle, the Rangers would likely go from 23rd to possibly 1st place on the pp. At least top five.

But your right from the Sharks point of view there is no discussion.
Its not the personnel on the power play, its the plays that they run. If you watch Rangers games it is the most frustrating thing to watch. I would rather watch them play 5v5 the whole game than have a power play.

BroadwayHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:26 PM
  #21
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Dubinsky is getting quite underrated. He plays very difficult minutes and he kills them. He isn't an offensive dynamo, but he's a very good possession player.

How's his speed? I admit to not paying much attention to his skating.
1 bad year = players sucks, is a bum, has negative value, is a cap dump, etc .

Dubinsky's a terrific skater. It's one of his best attributes. Strong on the puck, great first step, persistent forechecker. There really aren't any voids to his game. He plays a very, very similiar game to Callahan, but was literally snake-bitten almost the entire year.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 02:35 PM
  #22
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,363
vCash: 500
No thanks. This idea that the Rangers are desperate for a PP QB is getting out of hand. Del Zotto is more than capable of running it, as is Richards. What we're missing is a threat to shoot from the point and an improved strategy.

The Rangers love McIlrath, and despite the poor analysis on this forum, Dubinsky is still seen as a solid player as well.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 03:28 PM
  #23
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain
 
Blades of Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 18,334
vCash: 500
Don't let the notoriously fickle Sharks' board fool you. The Sharks won't even consider trading Boyle unless they have a suitable replacement lined up. And the list of defensemen that can be considered a suitable replacement for Boyle and his absolutely gigantic effect on the Sharks is extremely small. The list of those who are potentially available is even smaller. So unless Doug Wilson has a secret plan to bring in Shea Weber, likely via offer sheet, which I highly doubt he does, he won't even consider dealing Boyle. Certainly not for this package. Honestly, do people think about the other team involved in a trade proposal? (That was a rhetorical question that I know the answer to.)

Sorry, but the package that is being offered is completely and utterly useless to the Sharks. Dubinsky is a solid player that brings many good attributes to a team, but he is of absolutely no use to the Sharks. He is a center. The Sharks' top six features 3 All-Star centers and a fourth that scored 30 goals while being the best faceoff man in the NHL. They do have a need for a third-line center, and I do think that Dubinsky would be a fabulous fit in that regard, but the bottom line is that they are not going to trade Boyle in order to fill a hole in their bottom six.

I suggest people read this if you have any misconceptions about Boyle. He is remarkably important to the Sharks. It is impossible to play the puck possession style that the Sharks do without a defenseman like Boyle.

http://www.fearthefin.com/2012/6/13/...view-dan-boyle

We're not talking about Joe Corvo here. Boyle plays extremely tough minutes and he excelled despite his age and heavy workload.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 03:32 PM
  #24
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,161
vCash: 500
Boyle's a great dman but why would NYR trade Dubinsky and a prospect like McIlrath for something they already have a ton of, especially one that's aging?

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 04:01 PM
  #25
hateseed
TentacleGrapeSoda
 
hateseed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Coastal California
Posts: 466
vCash: 116
The only thing I learned here is that Boyle is criminally underrated, both in skill/ability and compete level.

That anyone, anywhere thinks he can be had for a bottom 6 and a (albeit good) prospect is frankly laughable.

The report is that Gaborik was offered for him straight-up and the Sharks quashed the deal once the surgery happened. Boyle is only moved for fairly elite, proven, top-quality talent, and only if Doug Wilson has a defensive coverage strategy in place to boot.


hateseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.