HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit Re-Signs Kyle Quincey [2 Years/$3.775 AAV]

Old
07-19-2012, 12:28 AM
DuklaNation

vCash: 500
Quincey is OK as a 3rd pairing dmen. When he's forced to play tougher minutes, his game suffers a lot. Detroit is kind of up against it here losing 2 key dmen already.

DuklaNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 03:40 AM
HTT3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
http://the6thsens.com/PlayerUsageCharts2011-12.pdf

I don't think he is that bad to be honest but I don't get how he is that much better than Hudler
REALLY? Filppula is on an entire different level than Hulder. Filppula is a top 3 two-way forward on Detroit that can play Pk, PP, and will score big goals 5-on-5. He can dangle the puck like a Datsuyk 2.0, he can contain the puck like Zetterberg, he's a pure puck hound and is the guy you want on the ice the last minute of the game with a 1 goal lead. Hudler can't skate, can't hit, can't win battles, can't PK, can't defend, is soft, and is known to disappear a lot.

Comparing the two is an insult to Team Finland's 2010 Olympian, Valtteri Filppula.

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 03:55 AM
Mickey Redmond

Not excited about this at all.

Mickey Redmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 04:09 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
REALLY? Filppula is on an entire different level than Hulder. Filppula is a top 3 two-way forward on Detroit that can play Pk, PP, and will score big goals 5-on-5. He can dangle the puck like a Datsuyk 2.0, he can contain the puck like Zetterberg, he's a pure puck hound and is the guy you want on the ice the last minute of the game with a 1 goal lead. Hudler can't skate, can't hit, can't win battles, can't PK, can't defend, is soft, and is known to disappear a lot.

Comparing the two is an insult to Team Finland's 2010 Olympian, Valtteri Filppula.
To be fair, before his previous season which was excellent Valtteri wasnt that great. After the last season I absolutely agree with you but not before

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
"Came here for warming of house and find you grappling with local oaf?"

I mean, came here to post about Quincey but find a debate about Filpulla vs Hudler?

Anywho, Quincey is a middle pairing guy, who believes he's great but in reality, he's really not.

The term and money is fine as I was expecting him to warrant more but I am THRILLED he's not on my team anymore.

PS - Filpulla > Hudler and it's not close.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:16 PM
archimet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Based on what everything says they ~even.
Having watched Filppula and Hudler for their entire NHL careers, there are only two things that at which Hudler is better than Filppula... shootouts and taking passes from Filppula.

archimet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Bob Probert Owns You

Send a message via AIM to Bob Probert Owns You
Who needs Weber, we have Q!

:-(

Bob Probert Owns You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 03:21 PM
The Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
To be fair, before his previous season which was excellent Valtteri wasnt that great. After the last season I absolutely agree with you but not before
False. His offensive numbers weren't as good, but he still did everything else mentioned in the above post.

Hudler, on the other hand, was bad before last season. Horrible at times, in fact.

Hudler isn't even close to where Filppula is.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
False. His offensive numbers weren't as good, but he still did everything else mentioned in the above post.

Hudler, on the other hand, was bad before last season. Horrible at times, in fact.

Hudler isn't even close to where Filppula is.
It's funny. People read these "blogs" or "end of season reports" written by guys no more qualified than you and I. In fact, I think Im more prepared to do a complete report on NHL teams before some of these fools. It's quite obvious the guys that wrote this have never really watched Filppula or the whole Detroit team for that matter. At least anymore than in passing. How else do you explain speaking of Hudler anywhere near Filppula in terms of worth, talent, etc.

Then you have people read this stuff and literally trust what they're being told. That's ok though. They then become entertainment for us folks on sites like these.

Anyone who would compare Hudler close to or even in the same ballpark as Filppula simply has not watched either player more than in passing. Might have caught a shoot out or two from Hudler. How else could anyone justify the comparison? It's seriously like saying Crosby isnt much better than Dustin Penner..

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 05:37 PM
KaraLupin
카라

Yup, being see a statsheet, or just look at the points, OH They are sorta in the same ballpark here!!! Must be similar players!!!!

Filppula is miles ahead of Hudler in every facet of hockey.

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote