HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Interesting Interview: Scott Parker on Moore/Bertuzzi & comments on Hartley/Wilson

Old
07-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Confirmed what I always knew. Steve Moore is a punk and deserved to get popped. Good, honest interview. Nice read, thanks.

Clean hit

Naslund should have kept his head up. If Scott Stevens did that everyone here would praise it.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 12:32 AM
amjay13

It's embarassing for the NHL that Scott Parker played in their league. What a clown.

amjay13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:26 AM
AvsFan20
Bring back Downie

vCash: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian North View Post
Moore has been faking it for years. Fact is, he knew he sucked. Steve Moore was a terrible hockey player. This was his opportunity to get paid. Many players have recovered from worse.

And frankly, Bertuzzi's punch likely did little to no damage. The damage was done by the pile up.
How do you know, exactly?

No seriously, how?

AvsFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:00 AM
Bougieman

Very interesting interview. I can see why the OP posted it as a conversation starter. There is a lot in there to provide heated debate.

Bougieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:57 AM
CrazyCanucks

Wow are we still arguing about this hit? Its been 8 ****ing years, move on.

What has Bert done since then? He his game has changed from that once power forward. He has been a model player since then. Moore is just being a greedy baby... Suck it up buttercup

Last edited by CrazyCanucks: 07-20-2012 at 04:04 AM.
CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:01 AM
FinRuutu
Red Wins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishMonger View Post
Anybody who says Bertuzzi is a good guy has zero credibility, and deserves zero respect.

Same thing with anyone who justifies Bertuzzi's actions.

Parker is truly pathetic
So you know Bertuzzi irl? Guy made a mistake, did the time and hasn't done anything like that since.

You don't believe in second chance, right?

I don't try justify what he did, it was wrong.

Parker is not pathetic, he is different but honest.

FinRuutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:36 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

Clean hit

Naslund should have kept his head up. If Scott Stevens did that everyone here would praise it.
If that hit was clean, then Cooke's hit on Savard was definitely clean. At least that was a shoulder and not an elbow. AFAIK, people aren't praising Cooke.

GerbeSonOfGloin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:45 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerbeSonOfGloin View Post
If that hit was clean, then Cooke's hit on Savard was definitely clean. At least that was a shoulder and not an elbow. AFAIK, people aren't praising Cooke.
Not sure if serious.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:56 AM
NugentHopkinsfan

I have no sympathy for Moore just like Parker has no sympathy for his victims.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:08 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Not sure if serious.
Teams I'm not a fan of: Bruins, Penguins, Canucks, Avs. Which makes me a third party.

******** commenter making snippy comment: Avs fan defending Moore's hit on Naslund.

Of course.

Cooke also didn't come in at such speed that he vaulted into the air, leaving his skates, right after he made contact with his target's exposed head. Watch the Moore hit again.

No offense to Bruins fans. I'm using Cooke/Savard as a benchmark because I do think that's the type of **** that shouldn't be allowed, and there's a unanimous consensus behind it. So if it shouldn't be allowed, on which we all agree, neither should XYZ, etc.

I liked Naslund. He was one of the few shining lights in the league during a very dark, boring age (especially for a Sabres fan). And his days as an All-star were done after this cheap shot.

Old
07-20-2012, 05:18 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Teams I'm not a fan of: Bruins, Penguins, Canucks, Avs. Which makes me a third party.

******** commenter making snippy comment: Avs fan defending Moore's hit on Naslund.

Of course.

Cooke also didn't come in at such speed that he vaulted into the air, leaving his skates, right after he made contact with his target's exposed head. Watch the Moore hit again.

No offense to Bruins fans. I'm using Cooke/Savard as a benchmark because I do think that's the type of **** that shouldn't be allowed, and there's a unanimous consensus behind it. So if it shouldn't be allowed, on which we all agree, neither should XYZ, etc.

I liked Naslund. He was one of the few shining lights in the league during a very dark, boring age (especially for a Sabres fan). And his days as an All-star were done after this cheap shot.
I'm not defending Moore bud, but compairing his hit on Naslund to Cooke's on Savard is beyond dumb.

Old
07-20-2012, 05:33 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
I'm not defending Moore bud, but compairing his hit on Naslund to Cooke's on Savard is beyond dumb.
Consequentialist fallacy. One hit ended a career in a much more literal way than the other, and made many more headlines because of that, thanks to an unfortunate prior injury history on the receiving player (while on the other hand, Naslund pulled back a bit at the last millisecond, saving himself from the worst case scenario). The other was nastier on its merits alone (elbow out, flying after collision, etc.). Not that either were acceptable.

Anyway, I'm not willing to go any further on this, as I feel like I'm almost having to apologize for/minimize the Cooke hit just for the sake of argument, and I feel unclean having to do that. So if you want to get in the last word on this, be my guest. I really didn't like Moore's hit and if anyone wants to defend it now they'll have to do so openly on its own merits, not hide behind moral outrage re:Cooke/Savard.

Last edited by GerbeSonOfGloin: 07-20-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old
07-20-2012, 05:48 AM
Qurpiz
Unregistered Abuser

vCash: 735
It's too bad about the Bertuzzi/Moore part, because now that's the only thing anyone's going to talk about of an otherwise great interview.

Qurpiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 06:17 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bougieman View Post
Very interesting interview. I can see why the OP posted it as a conversation starter. There is a lot in there to provide heated debate.
Heated debate about what exactly?

Parker appeals to the masses of neanderthals who do not possess the ability to resolve a conflict through proactive discussion or other non-violent means.

Parker is the life version of "AMERICA! **** YA!"

Not only is the man an illiterate baboon, but on top of that, he's a contradicting ectoplasm.

There is nothing refreshing or new in his interview (if you can call this an interview). The man has the IQ of a turtle, and even that could be an insult to the aquatic reptile.

The less we have guys like him in the NHL, the better off it will be. And then we won't have to act all surprised and sad when they croak from the gazillion drugs they're on.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 06:45 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy and Abed View Post
I just wanted to point out the irony how the team you cheer for broke 2 backs in one season.
The mason raymond hit was not a cheap shot.. like not even close to one. Awkward hit.. yes.. chasing someone down and punching them from behind.. absolutely not. The chara hit should've been suspened in my eyes but the outrage and the utter butthurtedness from montreal is ridiculous. Just like some nucks fans still on here saying that moore was a ****** and deserved it or that he deserves being taken out of the nhl over the hit done on naslund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra View Post
Is it staged or is he faking? I don't know. What i do know for sure is that Moore who would never have been more than a 3rd line grinder (IMO) would never make the money that he can from this potential lawsuit. He stands to make if he wins over 20 million which is more than he would earn in his career based on what he had done up to that point.

If you read what i posted you would see that i said: "Now with that said I ain't no doctor and i doubt any one here is so i don't know if this is the path this thread should go down about medical diagnosis."

no where in that did i say what happened to Moore is not true. Nor did i say anything disparaging about Moore or make an excuse for Bertuzzi or say Moore is not still suffering for PCS or a broken neck yet your lack of reading skills is amazing by putting words in my mouth you look like a tool.

My point is that the courts aren't always right and i fully stand behind that point regardless of the case at hand.
My reading skills aren't bad.. my grammar and proofreading is garbage.. i was taking some of what you say and getting angry at what other people have said about him faking it. I should've been more thorough in who i was lambasting. What others were saying was that he was faking it which is just absolutely ubsurd. Do you honestly think if he could he wouldn't try and come back to the nhl? he's been playing hockey prob his whole life.. and he was good enough to get into the nhl. I'm sure he's make close to 20 mill in his career. Theres guys out there who are severely overpaid. But thats a whole different argument.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Uber Coca

Interesting interview, and I'm really not agreeing with him on the Bertuzzi / Moore accident. The fact that Bertuzzi did something instead of not doing anything isn't an excuse for breaking someone's neck, and saying it wasn't vicious just shows how little respect Parker has for Moore, being a college boy and all.

Parker sure looks to be a tough guy, but I'm not sold on the way he thinks and sees the game.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
Moore is just being a greedy baby... Suck it up buttercup
This thread makes me sad.

Tasty Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 11:13 AM
FishMonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinRuutu View Post
So you know Bertuzzi irl? Guy made a mistake, did the time and hasn't done anything like that since.
No I don't know him. But I judge a person by their actions.

So if by "mistake" you mean "Calculatingly chased a guy down, sucker punched him from behind, jumped on top of him to break his neck when he hit the ice (intentional or not, that's what he did), then CONTINUE to punch his unconscious, broken body" then yes, Bertuzzi made a "mistake."

Quote:
You don't believe in second chance, right?
Not all people deserve second chances. Bertuzzi didn't just show a disrespect for the game, he showed a disrespect for a person's life. He should have been banned for life.
Those who say he didn't know exactly what was going to happen continue to ignore the fact that (even if true) it doesn't matter. He is solely responsible for the results of his actions.

Quote:
I don't try justify what he did, it was wrong.
You just enjoy defending the man... got it.

Quote:
Parker is not pathetic, he is different but honest.
Honesty is a virtue because it reveals a person's true beliefs.

How unfortunate for Parker.

FishMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 11:18 AM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
Guy has trouble stringing two sentences together; his thought pattern reveals those years of his head being pounded. Although he probably didn't have much to start with.

aylib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Consequentialist fallacy. One hit ended a career in a much more literal way than the other, and made many more headlines because of that, thanks to an unfortunate prior injury history on the receiving player (while on the other hand, Naslund pulled back a bit at the last millisecond, saving himself from the worst case scenario). The other was nastier on its merits alone (elbow out, flying after collision, etc.). Not that either were acceptable.

Anyway, I'm not willing to go any further on this, as I feel like I'm almost having to apologize for/minimize the Cooke hit just for the sake of argument, and I feel unclean having to do that. So if you want to get in the last word on this, be my guest. I really didn't like Moore's hit and if anyone wants to defend it now they'll have to do so openly on its own merits, not hide behind moral outrage re:Cooke/Savard.
Naslund trying to avoid the hit is what cased the impact with his head. Cooke's hit was a predatory, malicious hit from behind with clear intention to put Savard out of commission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
This thread makes me sad.
Likewise.

Old
07-20-2012, 01:50 PM
AvalancheFan19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Confirmed what I always knew. Steve Moore is a punk and deserved to get popped. Good, honest interview. Nice read, thanks.
Go **** yourself, the man is/was seriously harmed. Insensitive much.

AvalancheFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

Clean hit

That to me is *********. If that hit is clean, then so is the one that ended Cam Neely's career.

Scott Stevens was a dirty player, helluva player too but dirty as **** and I don't see how this is relevant to anything.

We complain about protecting our own game's superstars and when they actually get targeted we do nothing about it because it's not convenient for us to. Kinda hypocritical.

Reverend Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 04:54 PM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
http://adriandater.podbean.com/

Bit of a follow up. Near end they touch on the Moore incident.

DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:28 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Interesting comments from Parker. Probably the reason why the Avalanche appeared to distance themselves from Moore rather quickly.
They also signed Brad May the year after and he is the one who literally called the bounty on Moore

LolClarkson* is offline   Reply With Quote